What's new

Zip World Tower | Tower Coaster | Wiegand CoasterKart | 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
How ironic that a coaster named "Tower coaster" barely seems to get half a meter above the ground at the most. It's the very opposite of towering.

It seems to be the Park that has the word "Tower" in its name, and the coaster is just named after the park, but still ... It's almost like that "Italian Double Loop Coaster" in India, which doesn't have any loops at all, and which doesn't seem to have been made in Italy either.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
How ironic that a coaster named "Tower coaster" barely seems to get half a meter above the ground at the most. It's the very opposite of towering.

It seems to be the Park that has the word "Tower" in its name, and the coaster is just named after the park, but still ... It's almost like that "Italian Double Loop Coaster" in India, which doesn't have any loops at all, and which doesn't seem to have been made in Italy either.
I mean it's the only "coaster" at the place. I think it's name is supposed to mean that it is the "coaster at the tower colliery", rather than the name describing what the coaster actually does. I mean the thing is right next to the tower it is named after.

On another note, I hope they consider doing mine tours in the future.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Kind of like how Alton Towers doesn't have any tower rides.

Edit: Fun story.
Back before I was a proper enthusiast I saw Oblivion featured in the 1889 Guinness Book of Records on the theme park page.
It’s location was listed as “Alton Towers, Staffordshire, UK” and at the time I thought Alton Towers was like an office building they had decided to build a vertical drop coaster off the side of.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The site officially opened yesterday. Here is a shot of the car design for the Tower Coaster, and an overview of the site/coaster:-

177708411_185232113419455_6009319349375515147_n.png

179546574_3855415597872799_4545747867074220207_n.png

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks cool, but the more I see the more I'm sure this is in the wrong forum. :p

Dar

Hyper Poster
You might as well spend the £25 on this, you're not going to be able to spend it on 2.7 rides on Olympia looping this year anyway 😃