What's new

Fantasiana | Wiener Looping 2.0 (relocated) | Mack Stryker Coaster | 2025

Peet

Giga Poster
Sounds like the famous Schwarzkopf "Wiener Looping" (aka "Bullet") shuttle coaster is leaving Mexico and returning to Europe.

Ha wow, back to the park it first operated at back in 1982, like it's travelled the world and come home! I'd love to get this cred as I never rode it at Mingo but it's kind of legendary amongst the Yorkshire folk.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Sounds like the famous Schwarzkopf "Wiener Looping" (aka "Bullet") shuttle coaster is leaving Mexico and returning to Europe.

Hmm, I'm going to take this one with a grain of salt here. The article rcdb links doesn't seem to suggest that this is going to be a relocation and it also makes it sound that the ride is going to be a lot larger than I would imagine Bullet is. The only bit that connects the two is that the new ride is also going to be called Wiener Looping.

Also the fact that they plan to start construction in 3 months while Selva Magica still has Bullet on their website and features it heavily on their social media doesn't suggest that it's leaving the park in the middle of the Summer.

Yeah, let's wait and see, but it does sound like Prater could be getting their best coaster with this.

Sittler-Koidl is also planning a new ride. Namely the “Wiener Looping” - the largest and most spectacular roller coaster in Austria, which is to extend over several Prater parcels as well as over the public area. The entrepreneur tells the KURIER that he is fulfilling a lifelong dream with the project.

Depending on the permits, construction of the plant could begin in September at the earliest. The Prater operation will not be disturbed by the major project. Sittler-Koidl expects the mega roller coaster to open in early 2022.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The Prater ride is indeed a new bespoke coaster and not the excellent shuttle loop.

Excited to see this one go up.
What I find interesting about this is that Prater is practically multiple park units within itself; almost everything is owned by separate showmen companies and at least one ride manufacturer (correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Funtime runs the Starflyer). The only exception to this is the Wiener Riesnrad, the major ferris wheel from 1897, which is owned and operated by the park. Based on what is read in the article, this could likely be only the second attraction built and operating under park ownership. If the hype train doesn't already impress, then this factor would surely raise an eyebrow.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
The Prater ride is indeed a new bespoke coaster and not the excellent shuttle loop.

Excited to see this one go up.
Thanks for the confirmation. Interesting. I'm guessing it's a non-travelling model like the new gerst. Any more tidbits to share? 🤔 😂

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So are we seeing a brand new coaster here or a relocation that isn't FL's Bullet? I'm a little confused.
Looks like it'll be a brand new coaster. Bullet isn't going anywhere.
Thanks for the confirmation. Interesting. I'm guessing it's a non-travelling model like the new gerst. Any more tidbits to share? 🤔 😂
Outside of the article and RCDB's subsequent updates, we are presently in the dark about what this is. Construction is slated to begin around September and they are aiming to have the coaster open by early 2022. And of course it will be called Wiener Looping.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Looks like it'll be a brand new coaster. Bullet isn't going anywhere.

Outside of the article and RCDB's subsequent updates, we are presently in the dark about what this is. Construction is slated to begin around September and they are aiming to have the coaster open by early 2022. And of course it will be called Wiener Looping.
Yes, I was aware of all that I was specifically asking Roomraider if he had any further information he could give as he has good sources of coaster information.

RCDB originally jumped the gun and listed it as the Bullet going by just the article as evidence but when others read it it was decided that it was inconclusive and it was relisted as a new coaster, hence why there is some confusion (and of course the name).

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Afraid not at the moment all I know is its a custom design for the park. Not even got a manafacturer. I would assume it's non travelling as well.
I'd imagine it's not going to be a travelling model either, going by the bit in that article that mentions the coaster is going to extend over public areas as well.

Considering that this is promising to be an interesting construction project to follow, you might want to break this discussion into a different thread, mods. 🙂

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
From wieneepraterkoidls and monsieursky on instagram.
Screenshot_20220110-235353.png

The English translation is basically 'Why is Monsieursky with Mack, what does it have to do with Prater and who is Monsieursky anyway?'

Not 100% sure if this is related to the new coaster so I haven't put it in that thread (if there is one) but it could be.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Not 100% sure if this is related to the new coaster so I haven't put it in that thread (if there is one) but it could be.
This is coaster related. MonsieurSky is already known to be working the promotional art for the Wiener Prater coaster project and it's a small world anyways. He's a guy who does media promotion for lots of new park projects in Europe, was involved with Icon at BPB back in the day for instance, really cool job. Yes, this is a coaster.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This is coaster related. MonsieurSky is already known to be working the promotional art for the Wiener Prater coaster project and it's a small world anyways. He's a guy who does media promotion for lots of new park projects in Europe, was involved with Icon at BPB back in the day for instance, really cool job. Yes, this is a coaster.
Do you know if it is still scheduled for 2022 or not?