What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

Jstanich

Roller Poster
Was the line long? I'm trying to get there by 10:30 tomorrow so I can partake in the member only preview.
They had a bunch of issues yesterday. Ride kept going down off and on. They would close the line every time it would go down. So it never really built up too bad. But if they can run 3 trains reliably with the trains moving while loading it will have really good capacity.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Has it actually ran with 4 trains yet? I haven't seen any videos of it doing so even though I believe it technically can. Unless it was only ever designed to operate 3 with the 4th as spare? But then that doesn't explain the addition of an MCBR that the prototypes don't have.

Sky

Mega Poster
We happened to be there for an unexpected Passmember preview today after the media event. Was running 4 trains with no issue and great capacity! Once it got going I only know of it going down once for just a few minutes.

bmac

Giga Poster
We happened to be there for an unexpected Passmember preview today after the media event. Was running 4 trains with no issue and great capacity! Once it got going I only know of it going down once for just a few minutes.

Great Adventure's maintenance team has been on point in learning the ins and outs of the ride from both RMC and IOE to make sure the ride is running as smoothly as possible. Might be the most reliable ride they've opened since their last B&M.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Got to Great Adventure around 10:30 this morning for the member preview. Running 4 trains and operations were very smooth. There were only a few times the ride was paused. I can't even say it went down because it was up and running again within a few minutes. I lost count of how many rides I got (probably 12-15) from 10:45-noon but it was a walk on until they opened the queue to season pass holders.

I really enjoyed the ride. The last seat is by far the best one. I could feel a few jolts from the track in the front but it wasn't nearly as noticeable at the back. The worst two were leading into the stall, which is an amazing element. Great addition to the park!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Got to Great Adventure around 10:30 this morning for the member preview. Running 4 trains and operations were very smooth. There were only a few times the ride was paused. I can't even say it went down because it was up and running again within a few minutes. I lost count of how many rides I got (probably 12-15) from 10:45-noon but it was a walk on until they opened the queue to season pass holders.

I really enjoyed the ride. The last seat is by far the best one. I could feel a few jolts from the track in the front but it wasn't nearly as noticeable at the back. The worst two were leading into the stall, which is an amazing element. Great addition to the park!
Being an operations nerd I am dying to see a video showing how they cope with 4 trains. Has anybody actually got around to calculating the real hourly capacity for this?

I am glad GAdv has had good previews with little technical hiccups. I am sure this ride will do wonders for the park, although general consensus is that it is not as intense as expected, which is perfect for the GP. I could see myself still placing El Toro over this one, just by taking into account raw airtime.

bmac

Giga Poster
I am glad GAdv has had good previews with little technical hiccups. I am sure this ride will do wonders for the park, although general consensus is that it is not as intense as expected, which is perfect for the GP. I could see myself still placing El Toro over this one, just by taking into account raw airtime.

Based off of the timing while the two trains are moving through the station doing their load and unload procedures, the third train is in the second half the ride past the MCBR and hitting the brakes while the 4th is in the process of clearing the lift.

The numbers I've heard being tossed around are in the neighborhood of 900-1000 riders per hour but until I get a good video or good confirmation of how long a train spends running through that station I won't be able to crunch exact numbers for anyone.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's pretty good compared to the prototypes which is I believe around the 600 mark? I think 1,000 is as good as you can possibly get for a coaster with only 1 person per row, so I think they have done the absolute best with capacity for the ride hardware they had to work with.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
If a SF park can run a coaster at its best, this must be GAdv. I will be really impressed with them if they can get consistent 4-train ops and end up not canibalizing the 4th train for spare parts.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
If a SF park can run a coaster at its best, this must be GAdv. I will be really impressed with them if they can get consistent 4-train ops and end up not canibalizing the 4th train for spare parts.

We can only hope! They are beasts at running all three trains on Nitro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I was at the park all day for the media event and early in the morning they had problems when the trains sat for long periods of time while the TV stations were doing their live feeds for their morning news programs. Once those were done they tried to keep the trains consistently moving, as the coaster runs best while constantly running. All afternoon there was only one downtime, which appeared to be a sensor problem on the MCBR.
You can see how effective the unloading/loading procedure is in this video.

bmac

Giga Poster
Only times I really anticipate any stoppages in the station are for riders not getting verified or for those with mobility issues not being able to get into a moving train normally. Can't wait to experience the ride myself, and meet all my old coworkers who can be seen in the video.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It's a good. The line does not stop. Was lucky enough to get on during the unexpected passholder preview on Thursday and it hit HARD! Loved it.
So it's an omnimover made into a coaster. That sounds good. This sort of gives riders a sense of urgency that helps dispatches.

Snoo

The Legend
So it's an omnimover made into a coaster. That sounds good. This sort of gives riders a sense of urgency that helps dispatches.
Yeah they way they made you load, it got you moving QUICK. They can also legit run it with 4 ops too (even tho they had 6-7).

bmac

Giga Poster
Yeah they way they made you load, it got you moving QUICK. They can also legit run it with 4 ops too (even tho they had 6-7).
That was probably just a media day thing, when Joker first opened they had 6 people on platform when they really only needed 2 at most LOL.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Same thing happens on Space Fantasy at USJ (With a conveyor belt to board)

The thing that blew my mind was how the 2 car “trains” actually touched each other with an overlapping bit of steel platform at the front and back of each car so there was never a gap you could fall through between each “train”

Must be some really accurate location tracking.

Then at the end of the station you accelerate away, and at the end of the ride the kicker wheels push you right up to the train ahead before you re enter the station.

Snoo

The Legend
That was probably just a media day thing, when Joker first opened they had 6 people on platform when they really only needed 2 at most LOL.
Wasn't there on Media Day and only two/three (including main op) running the whole thing. They had other sups and extra ops to monitor and continue to train.