What's new

What are your favorite pieces of coaster merch?

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Hey everyone! Earlier today, I was thinking about the various coaster shirts I own, and how I wouldn’t even consider wearing most of them anywhere but an amusement park, especially how a lot of them only consist of a logo. This got me thinking about the good designs, the ones you can casually wear outside without worrying about looking like an idiot. What are all of your guys’ favorite coaster shirts/merch that you own?

I’ll start:
831F6C29-D70B-427F-8976-94E50902459C.jpeg
My favorite coaster shirt that I own is this Beast shirt by Homage. I really like the colors and how much of the shirt the logo fills up. It’s also made of a really nice material and it’s been washed many times and none of the ink has come off. Very much worth the purchase, and I’ll definitely be looking in the gift shop to se if they have any other designs when I go next.

davidm

Strata Poster
This is the best Beast shirt though?

il_794xN.2751712675_e96m.jpg

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Saw syringe pens from Thorpe Park. Extra points for when they have a big barrel of 'em that you have to rummage through.
Sick... but brilliant. I buy one every time. 😁

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm not actually a big fan of coaster t-shirts / items of clothing really. Can't really put my finger on why exactly, but I think it's mostly because there's very few I've seen that I've thought "yeah, I'd wear that". One that I do have and absolutely love is the outrageous and slightly in-your-face Walibi Holland multi ride logo t shirt, which I (very awkwardly) wore during CF's Roller Coaster Day 2020 video:

As for favourite merch, I'm a bit of a sucker for a lot of merch tbh. Big fan of mugs and pins in particular, or anything a bit quirky. Some of my particular favourites:

1620819982072.png
Lost Gravity 'upside down' mugs (nb: left one is in what I would call 'drinking mode', with the base on the bottom. Right one is flipped, so the base is one top, to demonstrate what I mean by them being 'upside down'. Subtle, but really cool I find)

1620820031710.png
This Van Helsing's Factory mug

1620820074144.png
This Towers 'shot glass mug' was living in the back of a cupboard at my Mum's, but is now usually lives on my goon shelf. Guessing it's circa 1980s?

Also big fan of (but currently don't have pictures of): Derren Brown Ghost Train 'sunken mug', Black Mamba mug and Typhoon's (Bobbejaanland) mug!

1620820113416.png
The original Nemesis pin is perhaps my favourite pin.

I also like the retro line of pins Thorpe have done:
1620820290164.png

rob666

Hyper Poster
For some strange reason, I collect theme park "heavy metal", especially from Blackpool.
Lots of dead mouse stuff, anti roll backs, upstop mushrooms, and even a broken chain link from the last season.
Oh, and a nice dozen wheels!
My Big One wheel makes a lovely clock surround.
...and the old Winning Post from the last time the National was on fire.
"ning Post" actually, the rest went up in flames!
Free out of the skip, with park permission I should add.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
For some strange reason, I collect theme park "heavy metal", especially from Blackpool.
Lots of dead mouse stuff, anti roll backs, upstop mushrooms, and even a broken chain link from the last season.
Oh, and a nice dozen wheels!
My Big One wheel makes a lovely clock surround.
...and the old Winning Post from the last time the National was on fire.
"ning Post" actually, the rest went up in flames!
Free out of the skip, with park permission I should add.
I had no idea you could buy that kind of stuff! That sounds really cool, what parks/websites have it?

rob666

Hyper Poster
The Beach sells lots of coaster parts in the shop under the flying machines, many poorly labelled and unpriced, and you need a prime geek with you to make sure the label is correct. Big One wheels don't come up very often.
In sad days of old, I would often spend the last hour on park on "off off peak" days riding one coaster, often the Mouse, non stop.
The ride op would treat me like the elderly spoiled child that I am...go to the scrap bin in the maintenance shed, and then say something like...
"If I give you this useless lump of scrap metal, will you p!ss off, leave me alone, and let me go home now."
And I would dance through the exit gates to the park with very heavy pockets.
Hence I have a dozen mouse wheels, and to think they charge £50 for them now in the shop!

emoo

Hyper Poster
I used to collect keyrings. Not sure what to do with them but taking this picture brought back many happy memories.
keyrings.jpg

Got a 3D tie pin of Silver Streaks train from Europa park that I liked to wear at work do's.

The rubber will perish on this long before I stop giggling over it. Don't ask.
dont ask.jpg

Like @JoshC. I had found it near impossible to find clothing that is acceptable to wear (got an El Freakin' Toro in garish bright red that never sees the light of day) but there has been a couple of notable exceptions.

I wear a Outlaw Run t-shirt to the gym about 50% of the time. A perfect conversation starter but it never seams to work. I need to go back to SDC to get a replacement just as much to be there. Its really comfortable and hangs well enough to hide my appalling diet. Well it used to before the gap year.
outlawtshirt.jpg

Then there is this antique - an original TP Leisure Wear of X:\ No Way Out where the back has the park name hidden in plain sight.
x.jpg

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Not sure if it’s “merch” per se, but I just got something cool! Check out this side panel from Kingdom Coaster/Sky Princess at Dutch Wonderland! I got it for $30 at the CoasterCon silent auction. 231EE480-34FC-4A38-8BF1-63FB95AC7738.jpeg
I’m probably going to put it on my wall, but I’ll need to buy a new shelf. It feels awesome to finally own a piece of coaster history!

@Kw6sTheater actually got the old control panel, which is super cool as well!

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Well, I just got something cool! Check out this side panel from Kingdom Coaster/Sky Princess at Dutch Wonderland! I got it for $30 at the CoasterCon silent auction. View attachment 12220
I’m probably going to put it on my wall, but I’ll need to buy a new shelf. It feels awesome to finally own a piece of coaster history!

@Kw6sTheater actually got the old control panel, which is super cool as well!
Congrats @Eyebrows!! I did win the auction for Kingdom Coaster’s original control panel indeed, I’ll send a picture once I’ve got it set up at home.

Christian

Hyper Poster
There are a lot of cool coaster t shirts and I love when enthusiats wear coaster shirts at parks. That way you know who you can talk to. I have a lot of coaster t shirt but my absolute favourite is this Hyperion shirt. It looks even cooler in real life as it has really bright colours. The hyperion shop also has a bunch of Alpha Industries NASA collection clothes which is great

koszulka-meska-hyperion.jpg

Energylandia are great at coaster t shirts. They even made a great looking shirt for their ****ty SLC. Love that they B&M track on the t shirt. I wish Mayan was a B&M. A B&M SLC could actually be a great thing

koszulka-meska-mayan.jpg

Even the family suspended boomerang got it's own t shirt 😍

koszulka-meska-dragon-.jpg

Six Flags need to learn from this, coasters deserve great merch! Nobody comes to a six Flags park to buy DC merch

Last edited:

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
DE58DEB5-8F97-42AF-8317-91B1E9E65E9C.jpeg
I just can’t stop winning these silent auctions! This is a yoke bearing from Talon at Dorney Park that I got for $75. While it was on the coaster, it sat in a train just below the wheel assembly as part of the articulation system. Really cool and relatively obscure piece!

Also, at the start of the day, we got a Thunderhawk walkback tour and they let us walk underneath the track, which was not only a great photo op but a treasure trove of nuts, bolts, and washers! I of course “borrowed” a few “souvenirs”. Between those, the bearing, and the side panel from Kingdom Coaster, I’ve got a bona fide collection going!
89197BC7-199F-4D82-BBDC-F8F13771B108.jpeg
More in line with this thread, I also bought just about the gaudiest piece of Talon merch I possibly could’ve:B8D5B2F9-637A-4B97-829F-BA579309139A.jpeg
It’s always a good day when you participate in the merciless grinding of the capitalist machine 🥰

Last edited:

Indy

Hyper Poster
I have a handful of items I quite like. First is my Setpoint multi-tool. I don't really use it, but it's a neat piece...

IMG_9814 (2).jpg IMG_9815 (2).jpg

Next, I'm not a big shot glass collector, but I have a few that I particularly like. One is a vintage Valleyfair shot glass I picked up at a thrift store a few years ago for like $1. The other is one I actually bought from the park waaaay back in the day. It's an original Twisted Sisters shot glass from Kentucky Kingdom before they had to change the name. Not to mention the image is clearly Thunder Run.

IMG_9816.jpg

If I collect anything from parks, it's probably coffee mugs because I use them daily. I have a handful that I'm quite fond of, but my favorite is easily my Dreamworld mug. It's simple and is shaped perfectly. It helps that I really loved the park as well.

IMG_9817 (2).jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Bringing this thread back up.

Re-found what is my all time favourite piece of merch, a stress ball shaped like a grenade with The Swarm written on it:
20221216_115837.jpg

It was exclusively given out at Swarm's press event, which I'd guess would mean that approx 150 were made.