What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Paultons did go for a thrill coaster, or at very least a moderately thrilling coaster. Maybe something like a Vekoma Suspended Thrill Coaster might work; it would start to introduce the concept of inversions, while still not being too intense or scary.
I would be really surprised if they got an STC considering they have Flight of the Pterosaur. Since they aren't Energylandia, I think it's out of the question.

I don't think an Intamin Mega-Lite is necessarily what they would get, I had more Alpina Blitz in mind. Or if they really wanted to go extreme maybe a Big Dipper or a Mack launch coaster. I also wouldn't mind a woodie as long as it's bigger and more intense than Wicker Man.

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
I personally love Paulton's Park, they're not aiming at my demographic but I just love the way they've grown from a 'little family' park into a major player in the theme park industry. I've been 5 or 6 times and never had a bad day out, staff are always friendly, the park is always in a great condition, and their areas 2011+ are really great.

I can definitely see the park hitting the ceiling of thrills with rides such as Juvelen at Djurs Sommerland. Nothing that will rip your face off, but big enough to please everyone. I can see a water coaster potentially replacing the old log flume, similar to that of the new one going into Nigloland. I think they've found their target audience that works well, and more importantly brings in the $$$.

I can certainly see them working their way around the park and refreshing entire areas every 3-4 years like they've been doing, and it seems to be working well looking at the gorgeousness of Tornado Springs. They've got a real winner on their hands there, and I just hope they keep chipping away at M£rlins market share.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's the one! How the hell did you find that, dude?
The search feature can be pretty good sometimes. I just searched for all posts containing "Mack" posted by member "Howie". Not that many posts, as it turns out, so from there was a quick spot to find the Paultons thread.

It's a bit spooky really. Maybe you're some kind of oracle. :p

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Oh god I really did used to post some utter dog ****e.

Ha ha, I've just had a read through of that old Paultons thread too. Your infamous ATI days! 🤣 Bless ya!
But it's amazing how some of the same comments and conversations are coming up again in almost the exact same order in this thread. Not just yours Crash', but everybody's! The Mega lites, the GG woodies, the big field next to Cobra, and some killjoy always piping up with "But it's a family park, why would they want to change"?
I knew we'd been here before.
We even discussed the big ass RMC back then too!

It's a bit spooky really. Maybe you're some kind of oracle. :p

Indeed.
Like I said - big ass RMC in the field next to Cobra. Calling it now.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's a classic case of the journalist not really understanding what they're being told (and/or the park not being particularly clear).

It's the first of it's kind in the UK (Mack spinner) + It's a free spinning coaster = It's the first free spinning coaster in the UK. :(

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
not exactly rare for ladbible - there are also comments on the facebook post insisting that spinball whizzer isn't free spinning, and the spinning on that is controlled "by the track"....

Ethan

Strata Poster
not exactly rare for ladbible - there are also comments on the facebook post insisting that spinball whizzer isn't free spinning, and the spinning on that is controlled "by the track"....
Frustrating although I think we can all agree Ladbible readers weren't exactly pushing the boundaries of human intellect anyway!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Fair. I'm half surprised the article wasn't just called 'Tag a mate who'd ride this spinny thing'.
Bold of you to assume Ladbible staff can write sentences that long tbh

Tornado Springs though, damn. I know it's not world-changing but it looks so charming and actually pretty polished! I'm so so happy for Paulton's, it's more proof that thoughtful investments that clearly have a lot of love and passion behind them will always trump those made for a quick return in the short run. Well, as least thematically anyway, although I'm sure this won't flop!

Matt N

CF Legend
This area couldn’t be looking more brilliant if it tried!

Tornado Springs looks so good, in fact, that my parents are taking me for my first ever Paultons visit for my 18th birthday in July! We’re tying it in with a trip to Legoland on the way down there and making a nice weekend out of it, and I’m really looking forward to seeing everything Paultons has to offer for the first time!

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
If you haven’t been, Paultons is worth a visit. The theming is really good for a U.K. park and the queues are never long outside of PPW. Plus, there is a really nice atmosphere in the park, you can see that the owners really care about the park and there is this sense of potential, it’s quite hard to describe.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If you haven’t been, Paultons is worth a visit. The theming is really good for a U.K. park and the queues are never long outside of PPW. Plus, there is a really nice atmosphere in the park, you can see that the owners really care about the park and there is this sense of potential, it’s quite hard to describe.
Is it worth a 5-hour drive though?... For me personally it's a resounding no, simply because they aren't targeting my demographic very much (yet, although Cyclonator is a start). If I visit London and the south parks however, I will more than likely go the extra hour or so to Paulton's as well.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Is it worth a 5-hour drive though?... For me personally it's a resounding no, simply because they aren't targeting my demographic very much (yet, although Cyclonator is a start). If I visit London and the south parks however, I will more than likely go the extra hour or so to Paulton's as well.

Yes, it is. You may not be the parks target audience, but Paulton’s is without question one of the best parks in the country. They’ve got some fab coasters, great theming, a great selection of animals and the gardens are beautiful and very well kept. I’d make a 5 hour drive down to Paultons and tag it on with other parks in the area too!