What's new

SFMM | Wonder Woman Flight of Courage | RMC Raptor | 2022

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I told you guys to stop being skeptical, I can’t wait for this
I'll be skeptical with any coaster rumor until I see concrete evidence. In this case, publicly filed plans are pretty damn concrete.

As for the coaster...I love it and hate it. You can't go wrong with a raptor at all, and I'm so impressed with how they managed to squeeze a mostly stock layout into that sliver of land. It should give off a vibe similar to Cedar Point's Raptor or other rides plopped right next to midways, although I hope Riddler doesn't dwarf it.

But here's what doesn't sit well with me...It doesn't matter what park we're talking about, but enthusiasts have their wish lists. Lately, it seems like all anybody wants at every park year in and year out is a RMC or a giga coaster, and these goons feed their wish list into the rumor mill and work the rest into a frenzy with baseless claims. And now that the fanboys just happened to correctly guess - totally by chance - what will get built, their heads will get a bit more inflated to the point where instead of feeling disappointed that their home park didn't build the latest, greatest, biggest, baddest coaster every single year like they wanted, they'll express outrage. "How come MY park didn't build a 450 foot launched looping aquatrax like I predicted with zero evidence, logic, or understanding of how a business works?!?!?!" As @Hyde said, enthusiasts have correctly predicted 47 of the last five additions at any given park because it's all conjecture and wishful thinking. The parks could not care less about enthusiasts, and certainly aren't basing their capex on enthusiasts' wish lists.

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
I'll be skeptical with any coaster rumor until I see concrete evidence. In this case, publicly filed plans are pretty damn concrete.

As for the coaster...I love it and hate it. You can't go wrong with a raptor at all, and I'm so impressed with how they managed to squeeze a mostly stock layout into that sliver of land. It should give off a vibe similar to Cedar Point's Raptor or other rides plopped right next to midways, although I hope Riddler doesn't dwarf it.

But here's what doesn't sit well with me...It doesn't matter what park we're talking about, but enthusiasts have their wish lists. Lately, it seems like all anybody wants at every park year in and year out is a RMC or a giga coaster, and these goons feed their wish list into the rumor mill and work the rest into a frenzy with baseless claims. And now that the fanboys just happened to correctly guess - totally by chance - what will get built, their heads will get a bit more inflated to the point where instead of feeling disappointed that their home park didn't build the latest, greatest, biggest, baddest coaster every single year like they wanted, they'll express outrage. "How come MY park didn't build a 450 foot launched looping aquatrax like I predicted with zero evidence, logic, or understanding of how a business works?!?!?!" As @Hyde said, enthusiasts have correctly predicted 47 of the last five additions at any given park because it's all conjecture and wishful thinking. The parks could not care less about enthusiasts, and certainly aren't basing their capex on enthusiasts' wish lists.
The interesting part is there were just as many (if not more) enthusiasts claiming for certain it was a Mack Powersplash/Power Loop with no evidence other than a long, narrow strip of land being surveyed.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
The interesting part is there were just as many (if not more) enthusiasts claiming for certain it was a Mack Powersplash/Power Loop with no evidence other than a long, narrow strip of land being surveyed.

Yeah. Macks are typically pretty expensive. I think the only reason why SFOT got one is that it was originally meant for a brand new theme park. I wouldn't expect something from them for a while.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yep, narrow plot of land paired with how SFOT is building a PowerSplash and Six Flags' tendency to build disappointing rides (aside from the RMC conversions) are thought exercises that would lead one to believe that they would choose to build the ride that better fits the plot and aligns with Six Flags' tendency to buy cheap things in bulk. The price tag on these PowerSplash rides are relatively cheap compared to typical coaster prices, and I doubt that RMC has been able to squeeze enough cost out of these larger raptor models to make them cheaper than a PowerSplash. Honestly, without the public records, there's more reasoning behind a PowerSplash.

Superbatboy

Roller Poster
Yep, narrow plot of land paired with how SFOT is building a PowerSplash and Six Flags' tendency to build disappointing rides (aside from the RMC conversions) are thought exercises that would lead one to believe that they would choose to build the ride that better fits the plot and aligns with Six Flags' tendency to buy cheap things in bulk. The price tag on these PowerSplash rides are relatively cheap compared to typical coaster prices, and I doubt that RMC has been able to squeeze enough cost out of these larger raptor models to make them cheaper than a PowerSplash. Honestly, without the public records, there's more reasoning behind a PowerSplash.
The first Power Splash was around $10 million, and didn't require overseas shipping. No doubt a bigger version with a loop (the version many were suggesting MM was getting) would be significantly more. Not sure how expensive you're suggesting raptors are, but doesnt seem like even the bigger raptor model would be costlier than a power loop. Seems apparent the SFOT version was already purchased and not intended to be mass produced for SF.

Matt N

CF Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that SFOT's PowerSplash was actually a ride that they bought for the cancelled Six Flags Dubai, so I'm thinking that it definitely wasn't intended as Six Flags' next bulk buy attraction.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that SFOT's PowerSplash was actually a ride that they bought for the cancelled Six Flags Dubai, so I'm thinking that it definitely wasn't intended as Six Flags' next bulk buy attraction.
While this was thought to be the case. It currently seems Bollywood at Parks and Resorts in Dubai may be installing the Power Splash from SFD. Its somewhat hard to get any updates at the moment though. With everyone locked up an all.
However there are large amounts of construction work going on at the park right now

Matt N

CF Legend
While this was thought to be the case. It currently seems Bollywood at Parks and Resorts in Dubai may be installing the Power Splash from SFD. Its somewhat hard to get any updates at the moment though. With everyone locked up an all.
However there are large amounts of construction work going on at the park right now
Ah right; thanks for the clarification @roomraider! Should be an interesting development, as I think it's Bollywood's first coaster, correct me if I'm wrong!

With regards to Six Flags Dubai, aren't Bollywood and Motiongate splitting the attractions between them, or did I imagine that?