What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm looking more forward to Hals-über-Kopf than FLY...
This sentence structure offends me.

God I really hope they don't just paint all of that rusty coloured and leave it. I'm praying for some more of that lovely brickwork, although it's not looking likely.

KrassesMoped

Roller Poster
It's a bit of a rust overload at the moment, I hope they plan to tone it down!

I understand how this causes very mixed feelings. But personally I happen to like it a lot. The architecural design of the entrance building has aged badly and I was beginning to think they might tear it down at some point. Was very surprised to see them actually changing the facade panels to the rusty look, but even more so to find that it hides the age and unappealing look and gives it new life. Still worried about the look of it during rainy weather though...

Frisbee

Roller Poster
thanks a lot for sharing that video!

Well, a second attraction could be added at the space where currently the "lonely house" is. So this might be a future investment in a couple of years. Anyway, I think this is impressive and standig out. Better than anything else. FLY will bring a lot of guests to Phantasialand.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't get it, I think it's a strange technique. Usually they use classic metal scaffolding.
When I've seen this done before, it's usually because it's acting more as an 'edge protection' system rather than a major working platform. Standard construction equipment, though. Either that, or there's some sort of access route underneath which prevents a permanent ground mounted scaffold structure.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not quite true...

capitol-dome-repair-washington-usa-shutterstock-editorial-6113937c.jpg

;)

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
What are the balconies on the facade for? There are no doors on this side. ?
Yes, they're non-permanent. I would anticipate to allow the installation of the port-hole windows.
As there are access doors on those levels I'd rather think they are for evacuation. My uneducated guess would be that (if the round windows can be opened in an emergency situation) the height of the lower levels would be sufficient to get away with "minor" injuries when dropping one down. Above a certain height that drop would be considered fatal and a proper escape route would be required.