What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Haven't a clue why this convo is dragging on. In order for this roller coaster to operate, it will have:
- Been created and vetted by Intamin, to be sold as reliable technology.
- Analyzed by Busch Gardens for fit and desirability, and ultimately purchased by the park.
- Assessed by the state of Virginia for certification to operate as an amusement park attraction.
- Issued permit by the local county government to operate as an amusement park attraction, per Virginia state law.

And this outside of the fact that a number of swing launch roller coasters are already operating across the world.

The swing launch and high speed switch track are vetted and safe, and will be implemented on Pantheon after hundreds of hours and millions of dollars are spent between private companies and public government. If you want to fear monger or dwell on the "what ifs"... you might want to reconsider riding roller coasters all together.

Also, to be laser clear:
The first launch on Pantheon will act as the block section you are talking about on Hagrid in the same way. If there is an issue with the switch, the train will not launch on the first launch.
The LSM launch is itself a brake; if it fails, or if the switch track were to somehow not have completed transfer, power will be cut off and the train will come to a standstill on the launch run. Exactly as Maverick's lift launch serves as it's own brake in the event of rollback, regardless of the fact that a train can be staged immediately behind the lift launch with no physical brake in between the trains. The "launched" train comes to a stand-still, right at the base of the lift launch:

Guys, it'll work. This isn't just a thing that theoretically built and assumed to operate.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Haven't a clue why this convo is dragging on. In order for this roller coaster to operate, it will have:
- Been created and vetted by Intamin, to be sold as reliable technology.
- Analyzed by Busch Gardens for fit and desirability, and ultimately purchased by the park.
- Assessed by the state of Virginia for certification to operate as an amusement park attraction.
- Issued permit by the local county government to operate as an amusement park attraction, per Virginia state law.

And this outside of the fact that a number of swing launch roller coasters are already operating across the world.

The swing launch and high speed switch track are vetted and safe, and will be implemented on Pantheon after hundreds of hours and millions of dollars are spent between private companies and public government. If you want to fear monger or dwell on the "what ifs"... you might want to reconsider riding roller coasters all together.

Also, to be laser clear:
The LSM launch is itself a brake; if it fails, or if the switch track were to somehow not have completed transfer, power will be cut off and the train will come to a standstill on the launch run. Exactly as Maverick's lift launch serves as it's own brake in the event of rollback, regardless of the fact that a train can be staged immediately behind the lift launch with no physical brake in between the trains. The "launched" train comes to a stand-still, right at the base of the lift launch:

Guys, it'll work. This isn't just a thing that theoretically built and assumed to operate.
And this is just the legal aspects of the ride. We've already discussed the technical aspects - multiple redundant safety systems, adherence to regulations and safety standards set by both government and industry, and years and years of industry experience and lessons learned among the engineers at Intamin - in the first few posts covering this subject. It's clear that people are either not reading posts and heading straight to the reply box or they don't clearly understand what these words mean.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I think I was an instigator in the whole 'this ride will kill me' malarky... but I'm somewhat over it. Hoping to get a ride in August. My predictions:

Ride will be forceful. Switchtrack will be exhilarating. Top hat will be mega. I won't be impressed by some litter on the ground, I'll spot some rust in the queue line on a piece of metal in the distance and then I'll go back to my hotel and run out of loo roll. Awful ride - could have been better. 1/10

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think I was an instigator in the whole 'this ride will kill me' malarky... but I'm somewhat over it. Hoping to get a ride in August. My predictions:

Ride will be forceful. Switchtrack will be exhilarating. Top hat will be mega. I won't be impressed by some litter on the ground, I'll spot some rust in the queue line on a piece of metal in the distance and then I'll go back to my hotel and run out of loo roll. Awful ride - could have been better. 1/10
WOW... It would have been more fun if it killed you!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yawn, there are other LSM coasters out there. Also, the hell is with the spike, who cares? Can’t any of the Busch parks be original anymore? Should have just gone with a B&M or maybe even a full size GCI.
Yeah, B&M or a GCI would've been more original additions, if only they considered those options.... oh wait they already put those in. Guess we'll have to settle for an innovative Intamin.