What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

DocLa

Roller Poster
It's the same company doing the signage that did Crazy Bats too and this concerns me even more as Crazy Bats is a big time low in comparison to Phantasialand's other theming...

Calm down! They’re only responsible for making signs and Advertising Letters

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

JammyH

Hyper Poster
The fact they've put signage up already makes me think that that orange wall isn't getting much more theming and this concerns me.

Completely agree. The current paintwork on the wall is vile and would not invite me in to stay at the hotel. I get that they are going for a steampunk theme with the rust, but it just looks off-putting?

cookie

Giga Poster
They're clearly putting the letters in first so they can mold the decorative work around them later. Just look at the already finished wall to the side and how much the placed L sticks out.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
It's the same company doing the signage that did Crazy Bats too and this concerns me even more as Crazy Bats is a big time low in comparison to Phantasialand's other theming...
Fairly certain the company will have more than one type of signage in their catalogue, not to mention this is already different to the flat Crazy Bats sign considering its 3D, metal instead of plastic and it appears the letters will be lit up from behind.

As for the wall I'm a little concerned too, especially since it sits directly beside the great looking Universal Rocks brickwork on the left, however its not done so I'm not going to write it off just yet. One would guess more metal elements and framework will be attached to the surfaces either side of the sign and hatch element for a more detailed appearance.
However to clear up mentions of brickwork and paint to point out - this is Weathering/Corten steel. The rust look is clearly intentional. If it was Universal Rocks theming the structure would have been left bare as was done with the section of brickwork beside it. Corten steel is a group of steel alloys developed to eliminate the need for painting, and forms a stable rust-like appearance after exposure to weather.
To demonstrate how this effect has already come a long way this is how completely different the steel looked when first added. The oxidation of the surface can typically take months however they've been speeding it up by spraying it with a Rust Accelerator solution.
aa48f603-4bfa-4896-9c41-bf12f044fee1.jpg.418259bed55131cafdeecd95f8d2571c.jpg

Corten steel has also already been used for sound barrier along the side of the Wuze Town building. from within Rookburgh its appearance is broken up by large steel frame/gantry pillars but in some pictures you can make out that smaller metal theming pieces and framework have been added across its surface as well. Most importantly however this wall's rust effect appears much darker. So I'm hoping the rust effect for the hotel entrance portal is not yet finished and with more weathering over time and potentially treatment will also turn darker. Add in some more theming pieces and hopefully it will form a more pleasant overall appearance. But who can say for certain, maybe this is the wall where they just run out of money - as with everything we have to wait and see...

JammyH

Hyper Poster
maybe this is the wall where they just run out of money - as with everything we have to wait and see...

I just hope that this isn't the final finish because they run out of money. Bear in mind that this will be people's first overall impression of the hotel, and the first overall impression of the park for some hotel guests. Ling Bao and Matamba both have nice entrances, so I just hope this lives up to the same level of quality

jmc

Roller Poster
I think its very clear that is not the final product.

For one there are still exposed structural beams.

The shape of the structure is obviously intentional, and I imagine lots of embellishments and additional details will be added for it all to become clearer.

Dont panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JammyH

Hyper Poster
1580396466285.png
Lettering is complete! :) I actually really like the letting, I think sign & shop or whatever they are called have done a good job this time around, and it's exciting that the signage will illuminate from the back! Looking forward to see hopefully a change in colour of the background wall and more detailing being added to the hotel entrance :D

(Construction has definitely sped up, could be looking at opening in just a couple of months time if testing of the coaster goes smoothly!)

Source for photo: https://www.phantafriends.de/topic/1646-neu-20xx-rookburgh/page/158/?tab=comments#comment-146748

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I don't get this image?
Toilets, ahead to the right.
F.L.Y. right ahead. Wait time 50 minutes.
Tartüff behind you to the right. Wait time 10 minutes.
Maus-au-Chocolat behind you to the left. Does not open until 10:30.
Wellenflug ahead to the left. It's unfortunately closed.
Note: The park closes at 20:00 (8PM) tonight.

At least that's what I guess it says; I don't speak German.

So yeah, they're testing the message display.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Seems like they’re beginning to use monitors to display several informations at once. Directions, Waiting time and general information like increased opening times. I like it! Phantasialand has a problem with a lack of guides.

These new monitors could potentially be rolled out across the whole park as well. I noticed during wintertraum that both the waiting time boards in the fantasy area have been removed, so hopefully may be replaced with these new style screens.

DocLa

Roller Poster
These new monitors could potentially be rolled out across the whole park as well. I noticed during wintertraum that both the waiting time boards in the fantasy area have been removed, so hopefully may be replaced with these new style screens.

I would definitely appreciate this!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Toilets, ahead to the right.
F.L.Y. right ahead. Wait time 50 minutes.
Tartüff behind you to the right. Wait time 10 minutes.
Maus-au-Chocolat behind you to the left. Does not open until 10:30.
Wellenflug ahead to the left. It's unfortunately closed.
Note: The park closes at 20:00 (8PM) tonight.

At least that's what I guess it says; I don't speak German.

So yeah, they're testing the message display.

Interestingly, F.L.Y doesn't seem to have an attraction number yet... don't know whether that has any effect on potential opening date as it means they potentially haven't added it onto the 2020 map yet?

Also, currently in the fantasy area where the Rookburgh display is, I wonder if there will be any installation there when the new area opens. I was thinking along the lines of a new kids flat ride, or potentially some sort of shop or food stall, as once the new area opens that would leave a reasonably sized empty space where the advertising displays currently are?

(Would be good if they added in a new kids ride to fantasy to balance the opening of a new thrill attraction, as with Klugheim we got a new attraction for thrill seekers and for families, so I always thought they would go with a similar decision for this new area... however at this current moment just seems like the new coaster in terms of new rides).

Dar

Hyper Poster
Maybe the attraction numbers are linked across the boards and the app, so giving FLY a number now would mean that it shows up in the app and across the park when they're not ready to deal with questions and complaints that it's on the board but it's not open?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Maybe the attraction numbers are linked across the boards and the app, so giving FLY a number now would mean that it shows up in the app and across the park when they're not ready to deal with questions and complaints that it's on the board but it's not open?

Isn’t the park closed?