What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I suppose you did not see the testing footage in the bottom right? Does not per se make it more relevant as we know that it is testing and it's just a image
I mean he did since he referred to low quality POV stills...
Image is from after it passes over the 1st launch after the Zero-G roll with the building being the one that houses the pre-lift.

An April opening is not happening; after all as recently posting they are offering discounted tickets for that month. Would make sense to lure people in before opening a new big attraction. Plus with the progress being made and testing underway a May or June opening seems feasible, and Phantasialand typically opens most attractions during this period just before the peak summer time.

It will be interesting how they announce and handle it though. A 2 week in advance Klugheim style announcement seems unlikely - they'll want people to prebook rooms for the hotel. Also typically hotels (certainly Ling Bao, Matamba and EP's Kronsar last year did) have a pre-opening test phase. For reference Matamba opened 23rd August 2008. With a pre-opening phase from 14th August. The opening date was announced and bookings started to be taken on 19th June 2008.

Last edited:

JammyH

Hyper Poster
It's reading between the lines but you could definitely be onto something regarding the discounted tickets. Throughout the whole of wintertraum, they offered the VVK tickets for November, December and January, however for the new summer season they are only offering discounted tickets for April (and they have also abolished the pay once, visit twice scheme).

This could possibly suggest that they are targeting a May opening(or the month after whenever they stop selling discounted tickets to be honest). With the tactic being that they try and get people to visit during the Easter holidays at a cheap price, and then to visit again from May when Rookburgh opens at full price....

Then you are getting the same visitors back for a second time (as you did last year with the pay once, visit twice scheme), however this time they are paying an extra 30-40 euros in comparison to what each guest paid last year. Possibly quite tactical from a business perspective to increase profits.

Last edited:

davidm

Strata Poster
Taron's opening date was announced on 6th June 2016 and it opened on 30th June.
Would expect something similar.

(I know this as I was at Phantasialand on the 6th June. Stupid Taron)

Ethan

Strata Poster
I suppose you did not see the testing footage in the bottom right? Does not per se make it more relevant as we know that it is testing and it's just a image
You assume incorrectly. It's just a screenshot, and all it shows is how a brick wall in real life looks similar to the animation? Also, it's on the bottom left, just to prevent further confusion ;)

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Taron's opening date was announced on 6th June 2016 and it opened on 30th June.
Would expect something similar.

(I know this as I was at Phantasialand on the 6th June. Stupid Taron)
Given that this project has a hotel opening within it, I would hope that we would see more than 3 weeks notice on the opening date of the area, given that people need time to book their flights and book into the hotel for the first few weeks that the area is open. If they only announce the opening date 3 weeks in advance to the hotel being open, I would expect they would have a lot of empty rooms for the first couple of weeks in the hotel as people can't book time off with that short notice (at least I can't anyway).

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah sorry was really just thinking of the coaster ; no guarantee that coaster will open same day as hotel.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Yeah sorry was really just thinking of the coaster ; no guarantee that coaster will open same day as hotel.
They've been advertising it as a whole themed world. I would be very shocked if it didn't all open at the same time given the way it's been marketed. Phantasialand are all about the experience; I've got the Rookburgh gazette at home and the way it's marketed indicates all the different aspects of the area will be integrated into one another, therefore I would be very surprised if the hotel and coaster had different opening dates.

Also worth mentioning that the restaurant in the hotel also serves as a restaurant for park guests during the day and in the evening, so I expect it all to open at the same time, providing the full experience.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
As JammyH said its been consistently marketed as a total package/one big project and physical the infrastructure is so intertwined can't imagine them not opening at the same time. Only thing I could see is the hotel officially opening slightly later; to give them a soft-open/test phase for the staff.

Feel its been covered before but I can totally understand why an opening date announcement already would be silly. Of course they have a date but if it gets pushed back even slightly by a week or something it is negative press.
They want to make sure it will actually be finished to a high standard and ready to go for guests. Especially if people are booking the new hotel never mind just visiting for the coaster.
Its better than having loads of disappointed guests when there's a delay or technical difficulties with the prototype coaster and then needing to give refunds.
Or rushing to finish it and opening something with a disappointing finish (e.g. CanCan Coaster at EP when it first opened in 2018 - thankfully with the new 2019 theming its great now - but the initial negative response hurt them badly and caused a ****storm behind the scenes among management).
Provided nothing goes terribly wrong it will certainly be open come this summer so anyone desperate to book a trip just plan for Autumn or Winter; or just have some patience. Its been years, a couple more months won't kill anyone.

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
Okay. I get it. Brian can be a bit much. But I CAN'T believe you all hate him so much you guys act as if TESTING FOOTAGE is the most boring thing in the world. I genuinely feel like if it were any other member people would be freaking out because, need i remind you, TESTING MEANS PROGRESS of which we haven't seen much lately apart from some wall updates.
Does Brian 'know everything there is about coasters'? Probably not, Does Phantasialand actually have a planning for this project? Most likely. I'm not saying everything Brian says should be taken seriously. But glossing over the first proof we have of this thing actually coming to life? He even took some effort to line it up to the trailer footage.
All in all, thanks Brian for the footage. At least it gets my hype train moving more than another wall update. (Despite the fact the most recent wall update is indeed quite interesting because it looks like there might be a zeppelin after all.)

Lars RnR

Roller Poster
b2f30c3f98bd75730942bb3ecfa826fc.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

bratcurry

Mega Poster
It's the same company doing the signage that did Crazy Bats too and this concerns me even more as Crazy Bats is a big time low in comparison to Phantasialand's other theming...