What's new

CF-Lives 2020 | All Dates Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Strata Poster
Ah, after a 2019 in which I achieved pitifully few creds and didn't manage to get to a Live, I'd been looking forward to this :)

Alton's dead easy, so I'll do my utmost with that and Poland's interesting as well - only went in 2018 but already feel like I'd hardly recognise either park.

In exciting news, my work contract ends at the end of May, at which time I was planning to finally head out to the US. I'm juggling plans, dates and prices, but will see if I can make the dates work for Kings Island!

With regard PL, I'm also surprised not to see it on here, but then their new ride opening dates are always unpredictable, so I'd probably save that for the tail end of the year. As fab as Liseberg is, I sadly can't justify what ends up being around a £500 trip for a single cred when I have bigger targets in mind!

Snoo

The Legend
You can guarantee I'll be there for the SFGAdv and Nickelodeon Universe days! I'm fairly sure I'd be able to make it to Hersheypark as well, but since it's a weekday I'll have to verify closer to. I'd also be interested if anyone else was considering going down to Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion either before or after, since I need to visit those parks this year. Lastly, depending on the price, it may be a good idea to do the Dreamworks water park during the day and save Nickelodeon Universe for Twilight Access. Even if we skip the water park, seriously consider the Twilight Access.

Will also note that I'm going to be over 21 by then, so, ya, it'll be a time. If you guys want to come into the city as well, I can show you around my stomping grounds and bring you to a some hella good bars.

I'm looking to do BGW and SFA on the drive up to Nick on Saturday if youre down to snuggle. :)

Ah, after a 2019 in which I achieved pitifully few creds and didn't manage to get to a Live, I'd been looking forward to this :)

Alton's dead easy, so I'll do my utmost with that and Poland's interesting as well - only went in 2018 but already feel like I'd hardly recognise either park.

In exciting news, my work contract ends at the end of May, at which time I was planning to finally head out to the US. I'm juggling plans, dates and prices, but will see if I can make the dates work for Kings Island!

With regard PL, I'm also surprised not to see it on here, but then their new ride opening dates are always unpredictable, so I'd probably save that for the tail end of the year. As fab as Liseberg is, I sadly can't justify what ends up being around a £500 trip for a single cred when I have bigger targets in mind!

Hopefully get to meet ya Will! :)

RickvdBeek

Roller Poster
Already looking forward to attending more CF lives. I had a great time at my first CF live at Walibi Holland last September. Very interested in the Finland and Poland CF lives! Already saved the dates!:D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
MouseAT said:
The UK line-up looks really weak, though. There are no weekend double-day events, which have traditionally been a good way of bringing new people in and building friendships. Out of the three parks, the first tends to lack in atmosphere as a Live, the second is a park aimed at children without a major headline draw, and the third tends to annoy everyone through awful operations and a terrible guest experience. None are bad choices as such, but I'm not sure how well they'll work as stand-alone days, especially as they're the only UK Lives planned. With no second day to balance out the weekends, I suspect we're going to see the group fragment on the other day, with a variety of cred runs planned by the CF regulars behind closed doors, and newbies left to fend for themselves.
Sorry you see it that way, Andy. We've gone for parks with a good geographical spread that people want to go and enjoy visiting, and are dates that the CF team can commit to. I take umbrage to the "newbies will be left to fend for themselves" comment. In what way? The days we're offering are singular day trips, not weekends events. They're not being promoted as anything else. If people want to use a day either side of the Live to visit other parks, go visit family in the area, go sightseeing or even use it to travel home, that's up to them. It's not leaving newbies in the lurch to "fend for themselves". The Lives are the day and they don't necessary need to complimented with another day at a park, especially ones where there's nothing new or are ones people are over-familiar with. Friendships can still be made and cemented in one day and leave people thirsty for more! For the record, I cannot attend the Alton Live, but I will be running both the Paultons and Flamingo Lives. After Paultons I will be going home as I live 10 mins away, and the next day I will heading to my friends BBQ as she will be celebrating her 40th birthday. The Sunday after Flamingo is anybody's guess. I currently don't have any plans but, if I travel up with Chris Brown as expected, they we'll probably hit Lightwater Valley for an hour so he can grab the creds (he's still basic) then start our five hour journey south so we're home at a reasonable time, thus avoiding taking an extra day's leave. There is no conspiracy, there is no great secrecy, the Lives are singular days which will be just as much fun.

MouseAT also said:
If you want to bring in enthusiastic new members to the UK and European Live scene, I reckon most people will want to start with UK Lives and branch out from there, and I honestly don't think the current UK plans are going to be enough to bring new people on board. I'm sure us established regulars will have a great time of it, making our own plans and running a load of additional trips of our own to fill out the season, but that doesn't really help with the stated intent of trying to rejuvenate the Live scene through increased attendance.
What we're going for this year is an ambitious spread of Lives in Europe, USA and England, reflecting the parks and areas where interest has been the greatest in the last 6-18 months. Something for everybody who has cliked on anything related to CF. Getting the balance right isn't going to please everybody and I hate to disappoint people, and any feedback is taken on board. However, if people attended all, or most, of the trips we're offering, they wouldn't need to fill out their season. There is a whole season programme right there on page one of this topic! We've also had several new attendees make their debuts at non UK Lives. With the brilliant personalities we have on this forum and CF Chat, it shouldn't matter what park we're meeting at. It's in our nature as cred and park enthusiasts to have fun, and fun we shall have.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Lisebergs website...

31cbec1f7d28447438aaa8c943609aeb.png

370c8ea981688b21a3976e989375943d.png

So - any official response on this one? Is the liseberg website out of date? did someone do a griswald? or have we got private hire of the whole park?? ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hold off booking anything to do with the current Liseberg dates at the mo. Further details to follow soon.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You can guarantee I'll be there for the SFGAdv and Nickelodeon Universe days! I'm fairly sure I'd be able to make it to Hersheypark as well, but since it's a weekday I'll have to verify closer to. I'd also be interested if anyone else was considering going down to Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion either before or after, since I need to visit those parks this year. Lastly, depending on the price, it may be a good idea to do the Dreamworks water park during the day and save Nickelodeon Universe for Twilight Access. Even if we skip the water park, seriously consider the Twilight Access.

Will also note that I'm going to be over 21 by then, so, ya, it'll be a time. If you guys want to come into the city as well, I can show you around my stomping grounds and bring you to a some hella good bars.

We'll certainly discuss more when the planning topic is created but twilight access will almost certainly be the plan. I'm planning on visiting Dorney Park that morning anyway, so I'm sure all of the attendees will get their fair share of add-on planning when the time comes. Looking forward to seeing you again!

The problem is compounded by the fact that a lot of this planning tends to take place with a "shadow CF" if you will, away from the forums, where it's not accessible to those who don't yet have strong connections to the community.

In an attempt to provide a bit more clarity...only the Live dates and parks have been chosen at this point in time. As previously mentioned, the dates were selected to fit the team's schedule (for example, May 9th is the earliest weekend that I'm personally available for Texas) and the parks tend to be selected based on exciting new ride additions. From my point of view, there's quite a lot more planning that needs to take place and will be taken care of as best we can on the forums. I can only speak for the US side of operations, but we try to be inclusive, inviting, and accessible as possible with regard to logistics, lodging, and park add-ons. Maybe the trips will feel more "right" once the planning topics get created closer to each trip?

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
We (my wife and me) will hopefully be able to do FInland and Poland, but I'm very tempted by the East Coast US ones, will have to look at flight prices etc.

mepgerritsen

Roller Poster
I have contacted Liseberg last december if they were open these days because even before the live I wanted to go there then but this was the response I got:

Our opening dates are not yet ready for next year. Ususally we open the last weekend in April and will probably do that even next year. So during Easter will probably not have opened.

Does the crew know more or will it just not happen? I would like to attend but I have to come by plane and want to be sure it will happen!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Liseberg dates are currently under review - we rushed the last bit of planning and did miss this. Sadly, we're not infallible and these things happen.

The Instagram post slipped through the net, on an automated schedule.

Please do not book anything until we make an official announcement (expected within the week).

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I really wanted to join the Finland Live, but I can't go as I have the kids that weekend and the Ex Wife is a total ****, so that's not happening. Depending on the Liseberg dates it might be possible, it's not the 11th-12th right so when is it?
I'll try to come to Alton and Paultons though. Mingo sucks, don't really want to go back so soon.
I won't pay my own money to fly to Poland(which is where I am typing this from ? ), but you will all have an amazing time!

Let me know if for some reason the Finland Live dates change ?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Depending on the Liseberg dates it might be possible, it's not the 11th-12th right so when is it?
It's right there dude. :p
Liseberg dates are currently under review - we rushed the last bit of planning and did miss this. Sadly, we're not infallible and these things happen.

The Instagram post slipped through the net, on an automated schedule.

Please do not book anything until we make an official announcement (expected within the week).
It won't be long. Announcement will probably go out on SM and here about the same time.

Please come to Alton - I miss you. :p

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It's right there dude. :p

It won't be long. Announcement will probably go out on SM and here about the same time.

Please come to Alton - I miss you. :p
Yeah I saw your reply about being under review, but that was last night ;)
I'll try to come to Alton, again I have the kids that weekend so if I do come it will be with at least 1 cretin, most likely one which actually wants to ride coasters, not one which cowers in the corner because the flying carpets looks too scary :rolleyes:

I miss you too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.