What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Honestly, I was set to get all of the New For 2019 coasters in the US before this one screwed me over last month, so I’m now hoping that it opens in 2020 so I still have hope. :p

And it’s quite a shame if I’m speaking freely, it looks like an awesome machine that’ll dish out a pretty good ride, but its reputation from now on with enthusiasts will just be the stupid theme and taking way too long to build.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I’m actually quite surprised about enthusiasts going on about the opening of this ride because I could have sworn that nobody cared about it...at all.

That's not really that contradicting imo, because for me personally, the ridiculous delay of this thing is the only interesting part about it. I suppose part of that comes from the unlikelyness of me ever riding it, but then again, my ambitions to ever get out to MM are entirely unaffected by the existence of this, so there you go.

To give it a little credit, none of this is the coaster's fault, the layout is fantastic (which I think almost nobody is really arguing against). I am just still utterly confused as why it is going to MM out of all the Six Flags parks, especially now that they haven't even the 20-coasters-thing going for them.

Honestly, Six Flags, if you want a cheap fix for securing the 20 coasters "record", go through with it and get Green Lantern running for at least the opening day of WCR. At least then I could applaud the consistency. Now, all they've got going for them is a decent coaster in the wrong park.

cookie

Giga Poster
Honestly, Six Flags, if you want a cheap fix for securing the 20 coasters "record", go through with it and get Green Lantern running for at least the opening day of WCR. At least then I could applaud the consistency. Now, all they've got going for them is a decent coaster in the wrong park.
GL is already partially disassembled so that's not happening.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
While the acceleration is relatively gradual, looks like it takes the first hill at a decent clip!

But one test run doesn't necessarily mean it's going to open anytime soon, so I'm not exactly getting in line now. It'll likely be at least a few more weeks. That said, the peak winter break season will be in two weeks, so it'd be pretty great if it were open by then... not counting on it by any means, but holding out a small, naive hope.

Peet

Giga Poster
They will surely wait until the new year now before opening so that it's "New for 2020".
Very strange to see a ride start testing in December!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I don't recall other Premier rides with such a loud roar. I mean, it sounds amazing and kind of goes with the random racing theme of the coaster but it's weird. Can't wait for it to be more amplified when they duel trains, which being SF, will last just a couple of days after opening xD

Still aiming at a 2019 opening, huh, SF? Cheeky bastards!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't recall other Premier rides with such a loud roar. I mean, it sounds amazing and kind of goes with the random racing theme of the coaster but it's weird. Can't wait for it to be more amplified when they duel trains, which being SF, will last just a couple of days after opening xD

Still aiming at a 2019 opening, huh, SF? Cheeky bastards!
Perhaps SF chose not to have Intermountain Lift fill the rails with sand to amplify the noise, for the purpose of it fitting with the theme?

rideguy70

Mega Poster

This is the same park that has Superman: The Escape, which is practically as a loud as a jet plane taking off. Have you ever stood underneath it when it launches? you could seriously go deaf. At the time, they said they wanted something loud that can be heard throughout the entire park, and they succeeded. Not to mention the fact WCR is directly next door to Apocalypse, a very loud woodie. I don't think they're all that concerned about noise.

And I actually got to see it test in person just last night. We were actually remarking on how quiet it is, but that may be in comparison to Apocalypse, which is easily twice as loud. Should be fun for those people who'll be living in that development they're making right behind it. Though they have also build up a very large berm at the back edge of the park that is basically as tall as the coasters.