What's new

Cedar Fair Investing Around 140 Million In 2020

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Pretty sure I heard KD was getting a water park expansion somewhere. Need to double check that though before its taken as fact.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think an expansion is still a rumor, but they are removing one of their two wavepools. A water park expansion and retheme seems likely.

Can anyone who is at Valleyfair or near Valleyfair confirm if there is any clearence or something happening or happened at Wild Thing's helix?

Well Dinosaurs Alive is getting removed, so that must be the "clearance" you're talking about...but that's about all that is known about Valleyfair.

Snoo

The Legend
I hope CGA gets that Hyper.

source.gif

John Knotts

Mega Poster
I've never cared for the idea of a boring, predictable B&M hyper at CGA. Ever since Tidal Wave was removed, I've wanted to see a launch coaster at this park.

Fi

Mega Poster
I’ve heard rumours of Wicked Twister getting relocated to GCA. Sounds plausible given that CP knocked down that stadium, so removing wicked Twister gives them a bigger plot of land to play with for their next addition. Plus at CP it’s a forgotten middle child, but could maybe be a top 3 coaster for CGA.

I’d imagine they’ll be spending a bit on the Schlitterbahn and Sawmill creek properties to give them a Cedar Fair makeover, so besides KIGA probably isn’t much budget for new coasters.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wicked Twister is not getting relocated...at least not this year. The ride is staffed through the end of the season.

I did see another coaster account post the "semi-confirmed" rumor a few days ago along with their evidence, which was quite easy to debunk. They stated that Windseeker is closed this fall due to proximity of cranes taking down Wicked Twister, but Windseeker is closed every fall due to weather and staffing constraints. They predicted that the ride would be relocated to the plot of land where the water park expansion is currently taking place as well. So yeah...not happening any time soon.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Alright, let's do a more proper summary, shall we?

California's Great America - South Bay Shores water park expansion
Canada's Wonderland - cliff jumping thing and kiddie ride
Carowinds - Boogie Board Racers mat slide and Grand Carnivale
Cedar Point - 150th anniversary celebration
Dorney Park - Seaside Splashworks slide complex
Kings Island - Kiga
Kings Dominion - Coconut Shores water park expansion
Knott's Berry Farm - 100th anniversary festival
Michigan's Adventure - Camp Snoopy
Valleyfair - Grand Carnivale
Worlds of Fun - Riptide Racers mat slide

CoasterForce has provided (mostly) comprehensive coverage across our social media platforms, so go there for more information.