What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So the last inversion that we know of (inversion #4 on the ride) is a 140° stall... This goes against @furie's inversion chart, however it is closer to being 180° than it is 90° which is what RCDB classes as an inversion, and also me, personally.

I think this ride will be brilliant but I really hope it doesn't have pacing issues, it could be a valid possibility. I love, however, that almost everything between the 4th and 5th inversions are enclosed in the ride's structure!

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I don’t think this will look slow. But if someone built this in Parkitect, it certainly would. ;)

(For context, I’ve found that the aforementioned game tends to favor less friction on smaller coasters as opposed to larger ones — while I love the game, I have to admit this my only somewhat petty issue with it.)

Rupert

Mega Poster
I think this ride will be brilliant but I really hope it doesn't have pacing issues, it could be a valid possibility. I love, however, that almost everything between the 4th and 5th inversions are enclosed in the ride's structure!
Completely agree about the track inside the structure, that’s going to give such a sense of speed and near-misses and out-of-control feeling.

I don’t really see why it would struggle with pacing though, the shorter Robin Hood didn’t feel like it lost much speed on its quest to destroy every bone you had. Are any other RMCs apart from Wildfire known for pacing issues?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Are any other RMCs apart from Wildfire known for pacing issues?
Pacing is often the main critique when it comes to RMCs (as they tend to excel at everything else, for the most part). New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, Wicked Cyclone, and Twisted Colossus are the other examples when peeps bring up "RMC pacing issues." Texas Giant and Wicked Cyclone have very thrilling starts but many find that tend to slow down a bit at the end. Iron Rattler has that awkward middle section up on the cliff with those slow little hills and turn, but it's in between an amazing beginning and finale. Twisted Colossus of course has the second lift hill which can really ruin the flow of the ride. TC in particularly seems to be one of the most polarizing RMCs as there are some who believe it's one of the best and others who rank it among the worst.

For the record, I've only done Wicked Cyclone of that lot, and I've never felt that the ending ever gets slow. You still get great pops of airtime. However I do prefer the first half of the ride anyway, so I'd understand why some may find it a bit lacking compared to other RMCs.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this baby turns out though. As I suggested, pacing will be the big factor here. We know that there's gonna be some nice airtime and fun inversions, but the pacing will the difference between "solid RMC" and "one of the better ones."

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That airtime hill has some "interesting" profiling to say the least:-
60709894_2293665540892319_3120963317355511808_n.jpg

Photo from Scott Bravenboer.

In an interview I saw with Scott a few days ago, he mentioned that this giant airtime hill will be a "floater" airtime hill.

It had better not be.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Why had it better not be..? Is this coming from your vast experience of other RMC floater hills? Not all airtime has to be aggressive ejector for it to be good.
Because... it's wasted potential? I know what floater airtime and ejector airtime feels like, and I know I like ejector a lot more. So for an RMC, for it to not be ejector airtime given their track record, is irritating.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's find to have a personal preference, but step back and look at it - does one singular floater hill make a massive difference to this coaster? No. Please stop acting like you know what would make a better coaster than... you know... the park AND manufacturer.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
RMC are known for their ejector but having one hill giving floater is good imo, it gives the ride some variety when it comes to airtime.
A bit like Shambhala in reverse, i don't know why you'd be so against it.
Untamed will probably have ejector moments aplenty, is one floater hill really so unforgivable?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I know NoLimits recreations aren't the best things to go off of, but mine was showing around -0.4G for that "floater" hill. Not what I was hoping for, but it's better than pure 0G. Front and back will probably have some flojector there.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Equally, too much ejector can be a bad thing. It can be good to differentiate it so you get a mix of both, which helps you appreciate the ejector more.

Also, just because you like something, it doesn't mean you can't like an alternative to it. I like ejector airtime more than floater, but there's some rides which I really like which focus more on floater..

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It's find to have a personal preference, but step back and look at it - does one singular floater hill make a massive difference to this coaster? No. Please stop acting like you know what would make a better coaster than... you know... the park AND manufacturer.
Because, ah yes, I remember, I'm not entitled to an opinion on this site. Thanks for reminding me Mark.