What's new

Liseberg | Valkyria | B&M Dive Coaster

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
Europa Park, Port Aventura? Heide Park is meh but worth a visit if you're close by. Although the main draw is currently in pieces so maybe not.
As for Valkyria, looks pretty fantastic tbh. Hopefully they theme the tunnel a little but I doubt they will. It'll look better once the plants grow in a little, but I bet some small plants covering the tunnel walls would make it look a bit more like the concept art.

Thanks for the suggestions! But I know Europa park very well, its technically my local park :D Been going since I was little :p Probs my fav park! :)
Also been to Port Aventura several times.. Love Shammy-B ;)
I'm hoping I can do a UK park trip soon too.. as still havn't been to Blackpool for Icon!

Yeahh Valkyria looks awesome! And i can't wait for Helix! :)

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Anyway, on a more on-topic note, has anyone else ridden Valkyria yet? If so, what did you think of it?

I’ve ridden it I think 8 times over these past days; ‘tis actually really good. I’ve not been a big fan of this project since it became clear that the ride would have vest restraints, given my underwhelming experience with Valravn. However, and I don’t really have a reason for this, the vest restraints didn’t seem to hinder Valkyria as much. I’d have still much preferred the standard B&M OTSRs, but I was expecting worse.

I would say it’s probably my favourite dive coaster in Europe. It certainly has the best layout; one that feels unusually flexible and substantial for a dive coaster, and also one that creates an, again unusual, amount of force. The zero-g roll is the non-drop highlight of the layout, and it’s probably the most forceful inversion on one of these, which isn’t too surprising. I also like the overbank and well, the layout in general. The drop is particularly good as you shoot through the blue mist at night, though the view over Liseberg and Gothenburg itself at the top is certainly the most special part of it. I felt I even got a decent amount of airtime, in spite of being quite restricted.

Overall, it’s simply a bit more exciting than the other dive coasters in Europe I think. Though, when accounting for the restraint impediment here, there’s very little difference in my overall feelings towards Valkyria and Oblivion TBH / Baron / Krake.

I also think the coaster fits fantastically into the park and really works as a great centrepiece on the lower level. The theming around the station is nice enough; nothing on the level of Baron, which is spot-on in every regard really, but it’s still nice to see Liseberg stepping up their theming game since my last visit (2014), in attempt to (at some degree) keep up with the other major European parks in that regard.

44197667602_41e0d6b6e4_k_d.jpg

Out of interest, does Valkyria have a single rider queue as was previously suggested?

Yes it does, and they’re very good at using it. Saved me a lot of time. As you enter the building you go to the left side (also express pass) and then someone directs you into the correct line.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve ridden it I think 8 times over these past days; ‘tis actually really good. I’ve not been a big fan of this project since it became clear that the ride would have vest restraints, given my underwhelming experience with Valravn. However, and I don’t really have a reason for this, the vest restraints didn’t seem to hinder Valkyria as much. I’d have still much preferred the standard B&M OTSRs, but I was expecting worse.

I would say it’s probably my favourite dive coaster in Europe. It certainly has the best layout; one that feels unusually flexible and substantial for a dive coaster, and also one that creates an, again unusual, amount of force. The zero-g roll is the non-drop highlight of the layout, and it’s probably the most forceful inversion on one of these, which isn’t too surprising. I also like the overbank and well, the layout in general. The drop is particularly good as you shoot through the blue mist at night, though the view over Liseberg and Gothenburg itself at the top is certainly the most special part of it. I felt I even got a decent amount of airtime, in spite of being quite restricted.

Overall, it’s simply a bit more exciting than the other dive coasters in Europe I think. Though, when accounting for the restraint impediment here, there’s very little difference in my overall feelings towards Valkyria and Oblivion TBH / Baron / Krake.

I also think the coaster fits fantastically into the park and really works as a great centrepiece on the lower level. The theming around the station is nice enough; nothing on the level of Baron, which is spot-on in every regard really, but it’s still nice to see Liseberg stepping up their theming game since my last visit (2014), in attempt to (at some degree) keep up with the other major European parks in that regard.

44197667602_41e0d6b6e4_k_d.jpg

Yes it does, and they’re very good at using it. Saved me a lot of time. As you enter the building you go to the left side (also express pass) and then someone directs you into the correct line.
Brilliant news! Thanks @CookieCoasters; nice to hear you liked it!