What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Lifthills take you out of the "theme" ; how often did you ride up the lifthill on Duelling Dragons marvelling at the gas station and suburban streets beyond the castle walls?
Just gonna toss this out here... but I would intentionally go to the Hess (now Speedway) there just to watch the coasters run while I filled up :p
But from an on-ride aspect, it was rather... poor. But you can say that about view points from almost everything that opened with IOA. Backstage areas and I-Drive from Hulk and Doom, backstage areas from ripsaw falls, backstage and a lovely view of Dr. Philips High school from Dragons

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
"Thank you for your feedback, Matthew!"

$_86.JPG

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This thread has made my morning. It's been ages since an enthusiast thought they could break the marketing department by messaging the park directly
I think we've all been there at some point. After all, we only know it's futile because of experience, and if you haven't attained the experience yet, asking them directly seems like a good idea. And anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask! So kudos to @Matthew Fair for taking the effort!

spicy

Giga Poster
That was actually a really nice part of the park to escape the crowds, chill out in and admire the view over the lagoon. Shame it's gone. Could have put this coaster on the original Jurassic Park expansion pad instead of the crappy Kong ride.

Boris81

Roller Poster
Are we sure that this might be an Intamin?
During the press conference from Europa Park, Mack Rides confirmed that they are currently building their biggest coaster to date in one of the american Universal Parks....

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Are we sure that this might be an Intamin?
During the press conference from Europa Park, Mack Rides confirmed that they are currently building their biggest coaster to date in one of the american Universal Parks....
Yeah I'm fairly sure. There are several Mack coasters that look bigger than this, even Helix. It'll be for a different park, perhaps the new one in Orlando?

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Depends how you define "Bigger", I doubt Helix is as tall as this is going to be (even at its tallest point).

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Could 'bigger' be to do with budget? No idea how involved Mack would be with the overall budget for theming etc but I'm guessing Universal work on a different order of magnitude compared to many other parks.