What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

PetskuC

Mega Poster
TBH I don't have the best overlook of the construction site right now but based on the photos I also tried to complete the layout and came up with this:View attachment 4682
I agree its very likely Phantasialand is not implementing a Pretzel Loop due to it being quite controversial and many claiming it to be uncomfortable (I haven't experienced it yet). BUT it fits very good, almost perfectly between C and D so i could see it totally go there.

If this would be the case, I believe that you would enter the pretzel loop directly after the second launch (as pictured), so the loop would be totally BONKERS

Peet

Giga Poster
TBH I don't have the best overlook of the construction site right now but based on the photos I also tried to complete the layout and came up with this:View attachment 4682
I agree its very likely Phantasialand is not implementing a Pretzel Loop due to it being quite controversial and many claiming it to be uncomfortable (I haven't experienced it yet). BUT it fits very good, almost perfectly between C and D so i could see it totally go there.

I admire your imagination but that's much too small for a pretzel loop.

dirkjarczewski

Roller Poster
4d85f607153b8d25fd4806ebfda9d941.jpg

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Over on CoasterFriends.de it was reported that there are more supports on the staff car park, and a load of track pieces have also been delivered and placed there. Additionally more concrete was delivered and poured for foundations.

Last Monday on PhantaFriends.de it was mentioned that part of the foundations being worked on above the underground maintenance bays appears to similar in shape to one of the hotel blocks/towers from the concept art.
FB_IMG_1545302719182.jpg

The foundations in question are on part of the surface highlighted in blue.
20190315_173735.jpg

There are on one side preparations for an elevator shaft and staircase, and then adjacent in a line reinforcements; the distances and shapes of which supposedly look like they could be foundations for the Capsules/Tube Rooms.
Would be a nice view from that spot with the launches coming directly towards it, and being close the outside street makes for easy access.
I'm intrigued to see how this whole hotel is structured and works in the area. Where and how many of those rooms will they be able to squeeze in.

Last edited:

roff

Roller Poster
Those deliveries will be tents for the JavaLand event (19 to 21 March) that will be put on the Kaiserplatz.
It's quite obvious because they wouldn't choose this route (through Ahornweg) for anything related to Rookburgh.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From PhantaFriends user PHLMarcus a diagram of the current foundations work, showing the footers that have been put in place. The dots and shape beside represent the presumed hotel foundations mentioned above. With concrete works here almost complete and supports and track sitting ready on the staff car park most likely track installation will continue next week.

PHL-Marcus has also attempted a prediction at how the finished layout parts may look. He thinks the upwards second launch might head into a steep drop with a turn similar to that of Lech Coaster.

Can't be long until we find out and the track is completed.
Source

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Those deliveries will be tents for the JavaLand event (19 to 21 March) that will be put on the Kaiserplatz.
It's quite obvious because they wouldn't choose this route (through Ahornweg) for anything related to Rookburgh.
But tents don't need trucks of massive size?

roff

Roller Poster
It doesn't have to be a massive truck, they just sent the email because the only connection to the Kaiserplatz (until Rookburgh is done) is through a small street, and they want to be cautious with the residents.
It wouldn't make much sense anyway, because all the big storage areas and rookburgh itself can be accessed through the main roads.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
But tents don't need trucks of massive size?
Depends on the size of the tent. Those large Oktoberfest-style tents consist of very many square meters of canvas, and they can be quite massive to haul around. A travelling circus usually has a semi trailer or two for the tent alone.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm slowly losing hope this will be open when I visit at the end of April :(

/s
I'm going mid-April this year, knowing full well this will still be a construction site. Just think of it as another excuse (if you really needed one) to visit Phantasialand next year ;)

UP87

Mega Poster
I'm going mid-April this year, knowing full well this will still be a construction site. Just think of it as another excuse (if you really needed one) to visit Phantasialand next year ;)
If you go in april you can get a free ticket to return later this year when it might be operating.

Ethan

Strata Poster
If you go in april you can get a free ticket to return later this year when it might be operating.
Pretty sure the "come back for free" offer is consecutive days only... Otherwise I'm pretty sure that would be a terrible business move?

UP87

Mega Poster
Pretty sure the "come back for free" offer is consecutive days only... Otherwise I'm pretty sure that would be a terrible business move?
It definitely is not only for consecutive days. They've always done it this way. And depending on how much they make with food and drinks and if they expect a normal visitor to return in the same year it doesn't have to be a bad business move.
popup_1xzahlen-2xspass-april2019_en.jpg