What's new

Parkitect Theme Park Sim

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Doesn't run on Linux :D
That's staggering to me. The number of serious gamers who must run Linux surely means they've made a compatible version?

I don't really know what I'm looking at, but there are lots of hits on Google after searching "Steam on Linux"...

lachlan

Mega Poster
That's staggering to me. The number of serious gamers who must run Linux surely means they've made a compatible version?

I don't really know what I'm looking at, but there are lots of hits on Google after searching "Steam on Linux"...
Yeah, I think it can be made to run on Linux but not out of the box. Or something. To be honest I'm not a gamer, I think most games need Windows to work.

Parkitect actually works out of the box on Linux so it's a reason why one may purchase it outside of Steam :)

Hutch

Strata Poster
You know I think I might actually check this out! Seems like they put in a lot of decent content and I'm glad there's a campaign mode. Gonna look into it more before I buy it... haven't really been paying attention to this game.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I've been playing more of Parkitect lately - really enjoy the emphasis on aesthetics, and new developments they've added to the game.

I thought it might be fun for those who participate in the regular build competitions to share their creations here. A "CoasterForce Popular Vote" if you will. For those not familiar - Parkitect conducts regular build comps for the community to participate in. E.g. build an RMC monorail, wooden coaster, etc. Most popular builds voted on by the community then get indoctrinated into the game as suggest pre-builds. Pretty neat!

The current competition is focused on River Battle rides. I am still a novice with theming, but thought it'd be fun to build a spooky-themed river battle (to also practice more with special effects). Not the best build by any measure, but was fun to do! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1621018007

B744E450C8C41B195146E78CAAF0DC3ECC7091C8

Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png Screenshot (6).png

While there is a lot of fog effect in the ride, apparently that doesn't capture in the blueprint view. Would love to see what others have created!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Great idea, @Hyde!

I just finished my entry in the Splash Battle contest too. I decided to dub it "Facility X" and go for an unusual mix of industrial and Spooky theming. The idea is that an old chemicals factory has sat abandoned for so long that its sinister canisters begin to leak. This fluid somehow causes skeletons to rise from its puddles. Guests are tasked to clean the area and wash the skeletons away! Each skeleton has one of the Splash Battle ring targets embedded in its head, so guests will shoot for them as they pass through the ride.

6812B8B05A2FDA12491C0A4489B7668E5061D807

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1626648432

Other pictures, because the blueprint picture somehow only shows the backside of the attraction:

ElbZzbJ.png

uUlQv3Z.png

7f92E5f.png

I hope more people will join us and show off their creations!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Absolutely love the concept! I am still trying to get better on building design, and learning what materials build best. Clever design with the canisters @Pokemaniac!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
How taxing is this game on a computer? Seems pretty basic, but my potato can no longer run NL2, and hasn't ever been able to run Planet Coaster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
How taxing is this game on a computer? Seems pretty basic, but my potato can no longer run NL2, and hasn't ever been able to run Planet Coaster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not very taxing at all in my experience - the simple graphic set also means you don't really gain/lose much between high and low graphic settings. I can run on my Macbook Pro (2012) with very basic NVidia graphics at high settings with reliable 60 fps - desktop computers should handle it perfectly fine.

So a very simple, noob question - I know there is an autocomplete feature on the roller coaster building, filling in track between two pieces, but I can't seem to find how to use the feature? Am I missing a button? (@Pokemaniac?)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
So a very simple, noob question - I know there is an autocomplete feature on the roller coaster building, filling in track between two pieces, but I can't seem to find how to use the feature? Am I missing a button? (@Pokemaniac?)
Good question! It's not really an autocomplete feature, more like a custom "bridge the gap" piece that appears when two ends of the same track are close to each other - i.e. the last couple of tiles before the end of the track reaches the back of the station. I've seen folks on YouTube (check out Silvarret, he's amazing) exploit this feature to make custom track pieces appear, such as diagonal turns that change elevation, but myself I haven't played much with it yet.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I finally figured it out! (And may have emailed the Parkitect devs in the process) Autocomplete will simply fill in the blank if you create a track piece the correct length in between two individual pieces. So, if you delete a 4-space section of straight track between two piece, you must resituate a 4-space section back there in order for the computer to "figure out" how to connect the two pieces. This has been super helpful as I experiment more with inversions and turns.

I also went back and added better screenshots to my River Battle Boats. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Backlogged a bit, but wanted to share my entry for the February Togo Stand-Up challenge. I thought it would be fun to do a cross of classic Togo Stand-up design with Schwarzkopf, giving it a certain Olympia Looper treatment. Also wanted to try more with scenery building skills (gradually getting better!), giving a classic german treatment. Feeling better with Parkitect's design elements, but still a lot of walls, roof, and other decor options to try to bring together.

Coaster, complete with May Pole!
Capture.JPG

It wouldn't be a Togo Stand-up without trick track!
Capture1.JPG

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1679537444

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
In my quest to have any semblance of decent building in the game, was curious if anyone has found helpful guides or building channels? I've been enjoying Silveratt a lot (he's been active in RCT3 and Planet Coaster too), and have already improved a lot for scenery structures, etc.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I actually tried my hand at making a building layout guide once. It doesn't cover patterns or colours (not very well, at least), but I think I got the basic stuff about shapes down. Have a look here:
Direct link
This is great! I definitely find my greatest challenge is how to properly scale building sizes so they don’t look too awkward. Having so much customization is a blessing and curse in that regard!