What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

peep

CF Legend
From what has been said by insiders the only "cuts" have been the car moving alongside the track just outside the building and the spike being enclosed like a massive rockwork or hollow tree.

I think it looks great so far and a lot of the theming elements are going to look far superior from an on ride pov rather than an aerial shot. Nice to see that river is starting to come together.

I'll note it here seeing as the captions from Bios' tweets have been removed. In image 21 the arrow is pointing to a new prop that is a meant to be a unicorn, a creature that seems to be popping up in a couple of places.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Are they unicorns or Thestral's?

I thought this too at first, but thestrals are very skinny creatures, and don't have a unicorn-style horn. If you zoom in on that image enough, you can see the horn, on top of how chunky the creatures are.

It's an odd choice if they definitely are unicorns, because unicorns don't feature much in the series (I can only think of them appearing in the first book, but nowhere else bar passing comments?)

catsounds

Mega Poster
Yeah voldermort drank unicorn blood to survive in the dark forest, In the first movie he's drinking from one when he sees harry

Matt N

CF Legend
I personally think this coaster looks absolutely stunning! I definitely think it could be among the best themed coasters in the world when it opens; I would be interested to know what people's criticisms of the theming are?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's an odd choice if they definitely are unicorns, because unicorns don't feature much in the series (I can only think of them appearing in the first book, but nowhere else bar passing comments?)
They did appear in one Care of Magical Creatures class too (I want to say in the third or fourth book?), but Hagrid wasn't involved, they were brought to the class by his substitute teacher. But yeah, it wasn't more than a passing comment, the whole ordeal was perhaps four lines long or so.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
This really shows how the Harry Potter franchise even gets us enthusiasts into the wizarding mood. I hope there'll be some Cornish Pixies thrown around.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I personally think this coaster looks absolutely stunning! I definitely think it could be among the best themed coasters in the world when it opens; I would be interested to know what people's criticisms of the theming are?
I think it's because we're seeing aerial shots, which are obviously not the vantage point it's designed for. From ground level, and especially on ride, while moving, it'll look a lot better.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think it's because we're seeing aerial shots, which are obviously not the vantage point it's designed for. From ground level, and especially on ride, while moving, it'll look a lot better.
I agree! These things often look worse from the air!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
So all the following aerial images come from bioreconstruct on Twitter:-

1. Nice train!
D1P1LeqWwAAljeJ.jpg

You can see what looks like a carriage here, maybe some Thestrals would be placed in front of this?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
https://blog.universalorlando.com/featured/details-hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure/

THE EXPERIENCE:

It begins when you join Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class and board magical motorbikes specially designed to make you feel the freedom of flight. For your journey you can either ride the motorcycle or board the adjacent sidecar, providing two unique experiences. For the first time, you will soar through the Forbidden Forest and come face-to-face with some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures… but as often the case with Hagrid, things don’t go as planned.

• This new experience combines a new level of storytelling and innovative coaster technology with rich environments and sets – including an actual forest with 1,200 live trees!
  • Experience a freewheeling coaster flight where you’ll twist, turn and rush forward – and backward – at speeds of up to 50 mph into the dark forest
  • Encounter some of the wizarding world’s rarest magical creatures, such as a majestic Centaur; a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies; Fluffy the three-headed dog; and even one that’s never been seen in the films
  • Hurl past challenging obstacles, drop into an endless pit of Devil’s Snare and so much more …while encountering a few surprises along the way
Blog-Image_v2-1170x731.jpg

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Wait... how are they calling this a family coaster when it has the same top speed as Nemesis? This coaster could potentially be one of my favourite coasters in Florida if it turns out to be really good! I also have no doubt that the theming will be world class because this is Universal we're talking about; they won't do half a job!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
In no way is this a family coaster. 50mph is something substantial, coupled with multiple launches and a spike. It's going to be amazing.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
As you can see from the aerial perspective, the coaster bits are rather short, so even if they are intense they won't be sustained long enough to put families off. And these launches are probably going to be as gradual as you can get; it's much different launching from 0-50 mph in less than 2 seconds than in, say, 5 seconds or using a rolling launch.

Everest is a family coaster and it also features a rather large drop, a backwards section and a couple of heavily banked helices. This proves you can go big and still cater to the family market.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yeah, it will launch fast at one or two points, into the window and up the spike most likely but it will be short bursts and the majority of the ride will be a lot lower than 50mph.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd rather a really good layout with interactive and special track elements over a really quick launch and poo layout though.