What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

PetskuC

Mega Poster
The test drives will take about one month and they can’t start them before the spring time. I would say that June is the month when it will be open.
Also, just noticed the fact that trains are required for testing to begin:p
Add to that all electronics and the station building...

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Ah, the good ol' Intamin. It's so messy and twisty... I love it!

On another note, does anyone know if parks/contractors can choose between the classic steel truss track style or the new double spine? It's kinda confusing to see Intamin coasters built around the same time with different track styles for no apparent reason, so perhaps it's the park's choice?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ah, the good ol' Intamin. It's so messy and twisty... I love it!

On another note, does anyone know if parks/contractors can choose between the classic steel truss track style or the new double spine? It's kinda confusing to see Intamin coasters built around the same time with different track styles for no apparent reason, so perhaps it's the park's choice?

I think it's more of an engineering and cost thing it tends to be coasters with a considerably higher speed or weightier trains (wing coasters). I think Intimidator305 was the first Intamin to use it, and it's definitely an example of them pushing the boundries.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Swung by the park to see the completed track, and it's looking mighty gorgeous!

20190211_174110.jpg

20190211_174228.jpg

20190211_174623.jpg

20190211_174700.jpg

20190211_174714.jpg

20190211_175055.jpg

20190211_175157_0_.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Can't wait to see this test! This is what Icon could/should have been.

Also, I think it's the lighting in those images that make the event of putting in the last piece of track look more glamourous, it sort of looks like Taron at night.

What do people expect with this ride train-wise? I personally expect two 16 passenger trains. Steel Dolphin has 2 trains and the brake run/transfer/maintenance looks exactly the same as this. Not to mention that both rides will likely have a similar duration. I think they could go with three trains if they wanted though.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'd imagine 3 trains is quite likely.

Linnanmäki does get approx. 1 million visitors a year, so there's a need for decent throughput.

2 trains would probably run most of the time, but having a third would be a good option.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'd imagine 3 trains is quite likely.

Linnanmäki does get approx. 1 million visitors a year, so there's a need for decent throughput.

2 trains would probably run most of the time, but having a third would be a good option.
I wasn't really aware of Linnanmäki's attendance figures, I assumed it was a small-ish amusement park, so I appreciate the re-assurance. :)

Lofty

CF Legend
You're absolutely obsessed with how may trains coasters have - every single coaster being constructed comes down to trains :emoji_joy:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You're absolutely obsessed with how may trains coasters have - every single coaster being constructed comes down to trains :emoji_joy:
Because believe it or not, I hate waiting in lines. Also I'm pretty sure I have OCD, so I'm obsessed with figures. ;)

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
It's just a trend I've noticed on every thread ;)

To be fair, there's much more that goes into TRPH than just the number of trains ;)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It's just a trend I've noticed on every thread ;)

To be fair, there's much more that goes into TRPH than just the number of trains ;)
But trains are a key factor. As well as efficiency of the crew operating the ride, and the way the station is set up, and likely other factors.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
But trains are a key factor. As well as efficiency of the crew operating the ride, and the way the station is set up, and likely other factors.
And above all of that, how the ride is actually designed. 9 trains each seating 50 people, with a crew that can load and unload it in 20 seconds isn't much good if you can only have one train out on a 3 minute ride at once. ;)

Blocks, people. It's all about blocks.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh yeah, that's my point though - there are so many contributing factors to TRPH.

No. of trains.
Configuration of the station.
Load/unload/dispatch times.
Layout.
Staffing.

TRPH is based on the maximum number of potential guests and it's pretty rare to find parks that hit it bang on. I think the closest I've seen is Silver Star at Europa, @Hixee and I were geeking out at how well the ops were and how they were nearly hitting the maximum TRPH.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
TRPH is based on the maximum number of potential guests and it's pretty rare to find parks that hit it bang on. I think the closest I've seen is Silver Star at Europa, @Hixee and I were geeking out at how well the ops were and how they were nearly hitting the maximum TRPH.
They were as close as I've ever seen a ride get, I think. Maybe, maybe, Fury when we did the Live in 2016 - @Snoo might remember - they were in a similar situation with trains nearly stacking on the lift hill.

It's relentless on the crews though, god knows how they keep it up. With Fury it's youth and enthusiasm, with Silver Star it's wisdom and saltiness.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
They were as close as I've ever seen a ride get, I think. Maybe, maybe, Fury when we did the Live in 2016 - @Snoo might remember - they were in a similar situation with trains nearly stacking on the lift hill.

It's relentless on the crews though, god knows how they keep it up. With Fury it's youth and enthusiasm, with Silver Star it's wisdom and saltiness.
Fury is the best throughput I've ever seen. Absolutely destroyed it.

Snoo

The Legend

This. Those crews were just nuking it when we were there. I'm very interested to see if they've kept their effort and how well they do with Copperhead in May.