What's new

Happy Valley Beijing | Music Roller Coaster | B&M Hyper Coaster

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Not expecting too much from this as it is not very high nor long, but it could be very decent fun if taken with the right speed - especially the L-shaped hills.

Matt N

CF Legend
Not bad, if you ask me! Including the drop, I counted 6 moments of airtime in there! And those overbanks could even have some sideways airtime in them; I honestly reckon this will be a great ride that will really surprise people!

Also, the element after the water splash looks almost like a mini-ampersand, which is pretty cool!

vaugc002

Mega Poster
giphy.gif

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd certainly say the layout looks different for a B&M hyper, and this looks like a really fun ride, but I'd personally say I'm more excited by Hershey's hyper as it looks to contain more airtime from the renderings we've seen. But I'm sure this will be a great ride, though; I'd definitely say it looks more exciting to me than Hollywood Dream in the same sort of height bracket.

Also, is it a coincidence that the 3 B&M hypers built in Asia (Hollywood Dream, HotGo hyper and Music Roller Coaster) all seem to have vastly different layouts to the Western B&M hypers?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Unpopular opinion here but honestly I'm kinda neutral about the layout? Looks like the first turns will have some slight airtime but nothing in the layout wows me. But I guess it'll serve well as a family thrill coster nonetheless.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Unpopular opinion here but honestly I'm kinda neutral about the layout? Looks like the first turns will have some slight airtime but nothing in the layout wows me. But I guess it'll serve well as a family thrill coster nonetheless.
I'm with you, really. It'll a good, fun, ride (it's a beemer, after all), but this isn't going to get close to the top of many lists. Even the "best B&M hyper" ones, I'd guess.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah it looks okay. Judging by the pace of the recreation video, there isn't anything too exciting there. The first pair of turns look interesting but the rest of it is just kind of there.

I'm viewing it as more of a family/intermediate thrill coaster, and if that's what they're going for, then it'll be fine.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed with it. I've been holding off on going back to Beijing (been over 10 years since I've been) since this was announced and was hoping it would be a bit more substantial than this.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I feel the same way as everyone else in that it looks super fun, but I think it's the lack of hype and the fact the layout doesn't seem to follow what other B&M hypers do.

If Cedar Point built this the backlash would be huge.

One thing to consider too is that the "music" aspect is the main selling point of this ride I'd imagine. Overall I like the look of this, but I tend to favour more gentle re-rideable rides these days.

Peet

Giga Poster
Ah so it looks like they are aiming for 29th April opening date. I'll miss it by about 2 weeks :-(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Two observations on that splash-down:
  1. Looks very short. Depending on the length of the train, the front may already be on the pull out by the time the back of the train is hitting the water. I'm assuming this has the "4-across" seats, not the "2x2-V" seats (the proper name is escaping me), but it might be the shortest one I can recall seeing on a hyper.
  2. Is is also the first one that doesn't have a straight entrance and exit?
Neither of these affect anything, of course, just interesting.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Two observations on that splash-down:
  1. Looks very short. Depending on the length of the train, the front may already be on the pull out by the time the back of the train is hitting the water. I'm assuming this has the "4-across" seats, not the "2x2-V" seats (the proper name is escaping me), but it might be the shortest one I can recall seeing on a hyper.
  2. Is is also the first one that doesn't have a straight entrance and exit?
Neither of these affect anything, of course, just interesting.
It does have 4-across seats. Look five posts above yours. ;)