What's new

New rides @ small parks

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looks like a Spinner.
It's not a spinner:-
That guy is kind of over enthusiastic...

He says a company called JR Associates is manufacturing the ride, but I think the more likely thing is that the ride is a custom Zierer Force, and is being assembled/built by JRA. The train and the track look too similar to a Zierer Force for me to think otherwise.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm sorry for double posting but...

It is a Zierer Force!

After doing some digging, it appears that this coaster will be an exact mirror image of Flying Eagle, the Zierer Force coaster that opened at Legoland Billund this year:-
Video by World of Parks TV.

EDIT:- Here is the RCDB:-

https://rcdb.com/16782.htm

So the known stats are:-
  • Length: 921.8ft
  • Height: 36.1ft
  • Speed: 28.6mph
I'm unsure how many riders per train this will have because the artwork appears to have 16 passenger trains, yet Flying Eagle has 20 passenger trains, so who knows at this point.

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Chuanlord Holiday Manor have been doing some weird stuff. I knew that, a while ago, they'd removed and replaced their old jungle mouse with a new jungle mouse. Now, the set of 4 wave shuttles that had been removed have been replaced with a new set of 4 (I'm assuming in the same location) and the old spinner that was removed (I think it was from Yaoqiao) has now been replaced with a brand new Golden Horse spinner.

It's not exactly exciting news to just replace old stuff with identical new stuff, but they went from 10 creds, down to 4 (then 5 with a new kiddy thing), but now back up to 11 by replacing like-for-like coasters.

It means a +7 now (including the new kiddy cred since I last went) if/when I head back there.

https://rcdb.com/9924.htm

JamesB

Mega Poster
Clarence Pier have replaced their aged Skyways with a new 'Mad Mouse' roller coaster. It's pretty similar to the previous coaster. I guess it was replaced due to maintenance costs.

https://rcdb.com/16767.htm

I had a look at it yesterday and they were testing it so assume it to be open at the beginning of the season.

TilenB

Strata Poster
A good look at the new Spanish Coast area due to open at Formosan Cultural Village in Taiwan on the 1st of Jan.
5 new rides will open with the area although The Mack Water Coaster seen in this photo is a pre-existing ride from 2008.
View attachment 4259
Ooh, sweet. I might be making my way there in 2019. It's nice to see some new rides popping up in the country, as it seems that the theme parks in Taiwan have mostly stagnated recently...

rctneil

Roller Poster
A good look at the new Spanish Coast area due to open at Formosan Cultural Village in Taiwan on the 1st of Jan.
5 new rides will open with the area although The Mack Water Coaster seen in this photo is a pre-existing ride from 2008.
View attachment 4259

Oh wow! That park has seriously expanded since I visited! The whole area just had the Mack water coaster there and that was all! That park is also in such a beautiful and stunning location that i'd love to make a return visit.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Clarence Pier have replaced their aged Skyways with a new 'Mad Mouse' roller coaster. It's pretty similar to the previous coaster. I guess it was replaced due to maintenance costs.

https://rcdb.com/16767.htm

I had a look at it yesterday and they were testing it so assume it to be open at the beginning of the season.
They also said that the other would come with a twist which leads me to beleive it's an inverting coaster.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Holiday World in Maspalomas, Gran Canaria has recently started a big refurbishment that is set to be completed in June. The old Roller Coaster (Zyklon style ride from an unindentified manufacturer) is set to be replaced by a new coaster during the renovation. The current artwork features Aconcagua, but since that coaster has likely gone to a scrapyard, I'm guessing it's just a placeholder for the time being.