What's new

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom | Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster | Skywarp

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
They were supposed to have the media event last week but it was canceled, again. Apparently there was also a 2 week hiatus in testing for reasons unknown recently.

JSM

Mega Poster
I was there yesterday, and while there was some testing, it was mostly just sitting there looking abandoned. I wonder what the broken bit is? It seems to be able to run/test just fine. Maybe something to do with the restraints?

Lofty

CF Legend
That's such an odd noise. I'm still pessimistic on the dispatch time due to the double loading, interesting to watch it open.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
It also just be me, but I hate it when rides have seats facing both forwards and backwards, but then only move in one direction. Many Wipeout flat rides do this (I know not all, but many). You're only getting half the ride experience. :emoji_confounded:

vaugc002

Mega Poster
It's a clever design but the operating noise is atrocious. Imagine queuing and listening to that for an hour :emoji_dizzy_face:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's hard to get a good sense of the ride due to the poor camera work and narrow FOV, but as mentioned it doesn't look as exciting as one would think it'd be.

I am surprised that it takes as many swings to crest the peaks, which adds to the lackluster impression.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah that looks very repetitive. I wonder how difficult it would be to get the friction wheels to switch the train's direction halfway through, if they decide to add that in?

Matt N

CF Legend
I've not really heard much about this ride, does it operate normally on a daily basis without much downtime now?
Sorry to bump the thread, but in answer to your question, I haven't heard about any major technical problems.

However, the main reason I bumped the thread was to ask; has anyone on here actually ridden this thing yet? I've heard very few reviews online, and the only person I know who's actually ridden it is Taylor Bybee from Coaster Studios. I did consider linking his review, but I decided against it as I know how those types of people are recieved on here. It's on his Facebook page if you want to read it.

gad198

Roller Poster
I just came back from a California trip last week and had the chance to ride this. It took a couple of attempts as it broke down on several occasions before we could ride. They were only loading one side which doubled the wait.
In short, the ride really sucks. It starts ride from the loading. If you load at one of the ends of the train like we did it feels like you're stepping off of a hamster wheel into the ride vehicle. The ramp is super steep at the ends which means you really have to watch your balance. The ride itself is quite rough which is a major concern given how long it has been open. It never goes fast enough to be exhilarating, and it is simply a non-stop barrage of positive Gs which I really dislike. It's one of the worst amusement park experiences I've had in quite a while.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
I just came back from a California trip last week and had the chance to ride this. It took a couple of attempts as it broke down on several occasions before we could ride. They were only loading one side which doubled the wait.
In short, the ride really sucks. It starts ride from the loading. If you load at one of the ends of the train like we did it feels like you're stepping off of a hamster wheel into the ride vehicle. The ramp is super steep at the ends which means you really have to watch your balance. The ride itself is quite rough which is a major concern given how long it has been open. It never goes fast enough to be exhilarating, and it is simply a non-stop barrage of positive Gs which I really dislike. It's one of the worst amusement park experiences I've had in quite a while.
OH, that's very sad, but thank you for the review!

Matt N

CF Legend
Thanks for the review @gad198! A bit strange to hear about roughness being a problem, as the ride doesn't look very fast from POVs, and is also quite new.

Out of interest; would you count the ride as a coaster credit?

Pear

Strata Poster
And it's being removed

e2326nycr5x61.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/n4weim