What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Some pictures taken (21.10) from inside the park at the last day of operations:

the last turn into the break-run
20181021_120551816_iOS.jpg
the start of the first launch (back) and the end of the break-run (front). you can see when the track stops inclining.
20181021_120803310_iOS.jpg
more break-run and launch (also station)
20181021_120521793_iOS.jpg
completed transfer track
20181021_120518991_iOS.jpg
exstended view of the launch (you can see where it turns into the first inversion) and break-run
20181021_120538440_iOS.jpg
another view of the zero-cars front (taken from the theater where the POV is shown)
20181021_123552082_iOS.jpg
views from outside of the park of the construction (and the mack rides e-motion coster)
20181021_124509231_iOS.jpg 20181021_124502492_iOS.jpg
and finally the parking lot used for storage
20181021_125031625_iOS.jpg

You can see the park from the local train, and in the last couple of days they have added more black supports.

Peet

Giga Poster
Thanks for the update, it's starting to look good, although I'm still kind of hoping it doesn't end up being a world class coaster just because I don't really want to go back to Linnanmaki.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Its growing...
DSC_7623.jpg

DSC_7621.jpg

DSC_7619.jpg

DSC_7618.jpg

Source

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Its growing...
DSC_7623.jpg

DSC_7621.jpg

DSC_7619.jpg

DSC_7618.jpg

Source
wow, that turnaround at the station (the part that has recently been constructed) looks like it can pull some really heavy G's. I bet some will even grey out there, seen as after that turn the next element is a trick-track (which is kinda low G so people can regain consciousness).

Ethan

Strata Poster
wow, that turnaround at the station (the part that has recently been constructed) looks like it can pull some really heavy G's. I bet some will even grey out there, seen as after that turn the next element is a trick-track (which is kinda low G so people can regain consciousness).
I very much doubt that tbh. Yeah it looks like it will pull some good forces but surely not sustained enough to cause a grey out. I'm aware that it's subjective and dependant on individuals but I just don't think the forces will be prolonged enough. When you look at i305's original turn, it lasts forever.

But I'm no physician so I'm sure somebody more in the know could either back me up or correct me.

As for the coaster though, it's starting to look good already! I definitely stan for the track colour <3

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I very much doubt that tbh. Yeah it looks like it will pull some good forces but surely not sustained enough to cause a grey out. I'm aware that it's subjective and dependant on individuals but I just don't think the forces will be prolonged enough. When you look at i305's original turn, it lasts forever.

But I'm no physician so I'm sure somebody more in the know could either back me up or correct me.

As for the coaster though, it's starting to look good already! I definitely stan for the track colour <3
yeah, it definitely is individual. I haven't been on I305, so I can't compare. However, I feel that this will be one of the more intense parts of the coaster, if not the most intense!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I really dislike that trick track section of the layout according to the POVs. It's awkward and clearly done for a non-thrilling reason. Taron manages it's trick track well with it's use of close to terrain and the drop into the second launch. this just kinda meanders above the layout.

I'd like to be proven wrong though.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I really dislike that trick track section of the layout according to the POVs. It's awkward and clearly done for a non-thrilling reason. Taron manages it's trick track well with it's use of close to terrain and the drop into the second launch. this just kinda meanders above the layout.

I'd like to be proven wrong though.
Yeah, I agree. I think they are trying to emulate the feeling of the Taiga eagle soaring trough the wind. Yes, it looks kinda sucky but we'll have to wait and see.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Heya! I made an Instagram account, where I post all my pictures of Taiga. https://www.instagram.com/pcoasters24/

I was today at the construction site. In the 10min I was there, they installed two supports, with two supports laying on the ground and two trackpieces being driven to the site from the storage lot. They are really moving along quickly! The track pieces that got installed were for the turn into the turn-around at the station.
I have also noticed that they have kinda split the construction into three parts:
1. The area next to the station (that's where they are building right now)
Screenshot_2018-10-30 PCoaster ( pcoasters24) • Instagram photos and videos(1).jpg
2. The second launch/top hat (they are excavating the terrain there right now) (also note that the road they are using is a road for emergency services, since some people have theorized that the entrance will be built here, which I don't believe in)
Screenshot_2018-10-30 PCoaster ( pcoasters24) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg
3. The helix and the dive loop/immelmann (they have footers done here, but no vertical construction yet)
Screenshot_2018-10-30 PCoaster ( pcoasters24) • Instagram photos and videos(2).jpg

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I made a mock-up of the Taiga layout in paint 3D: (Sorry for making the pic look small, this was the largest file possible for the thread XD)
2018-10-30.pngRed: launch
Green: inversion
Blue: regular (banked) track
Yellow: break-run and station
Pink: Maintenance track
(all track that gets cut off because of the picture is just regular track, with nothing significant being left outside. Everything gets connected in a logical way.)
Now here's the fun part. I posted earlier that the Taiga entrance could not be near the second launch. However, when looking closer, I think it might be possible. This is the brown part. I think this could be the entrance and/or exit. Also, the rumored gift shop could very likely be placed here. The entrance might be placed somewhere else, but this is the only place with enough room for a gift shop. The brown line is my prediction for the waiting-line/exit, since I have seen "rooms" and "hallways" made from concrete already at the construction area that are placed there.
The picture used is from google maps, and it shows the coaster that was there before, vonkaputos. This part was only woods before, and because Taiga is so compact I believe this is where they put it

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
It's some kind of chimney. There is some kind of powerplant underground there, that is operated by helen (shortened from Helsingin energia, Helsinki's energy) https://www.helen.fi/en/company/

That’s it, it’s a CHP plant that provides the majority of Helsinki’s population with heating and hot water as opposed to every household having their own gas boiler. The Scandinavians are pretty hot on there energy efficiency.

Me and @Hixee could probably derail this topic with boring building services knowledge right now :rolleyes:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That’s it, it’s a CHP plant that provides the majority of Helsinki’s population with heating and hot water as opposed to every household having their own gas boiler. The Scandinavians are pretty hot on there energy efficiency.
Don't forget the electricity generated too - if it is a CHP as you say. That's the whole point. ;)

vaugc002

Mega Poster

Me and @Hixee could probably derail this topic with boring building services knowledge right now :rolleyes:
haha thanks (and also to @PetskuC and @Hixee). I kinda hoped it might be a viewing tower or something.
It's a shame they can't disguise it or at least blend it into the landscape a bit better especially given the region's brand new massive investment of a coaster is right beneath it.