What's new

Walibi Belgium - "Enjoy the Day, Fear the Night"!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I heard the first reviews of Black Rose, and it seems to be a pretty intense maze!

SPOILER ALERT!

I heard that groups get split up from the beginning of the house and your tour starts in the cellar of the house. You actually never do the same route as others.

You get handcuffed as soon as you enter the house till you exit it. During some scenes, actors force a bag over your head to experience some parts of the maze blinded.

Actors are aloud to touch, push, pull and force visitors - for example - on their knees. I have heard from another enthusiast that their head was nearly pushed into a urinal.

The house is cannibalism themed, so scenes are very bloody and gory, with intestants and rotten food everywhere!

I hope to experience it myself pretty soon, as I have heard some pretty nasty reviews from other people!

Lofty

CF Legend
Sounds great fun. Sounds very much like some of the more intimate UK experiences. Nice to see Walibi catching up with other experiences of this nature!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Now I'm getting even more scared :p
How much priority does the RIP pass give you? Does this reduce waiting times to 0 or rather halve them or so?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Now I'm getting even more scared :p
How much priority does the RIP pass give you? Does this reduce waiting times to 0 or rather halve them or so?

It depends on when you are going. During nocturnes for example, waiting times for haunted houses without a RIP Pass...approx. 2 to 3 hours, with RIP Pass about 30 minutes?
Without a RIP Pass on normal days? Depends on how busy the park is, somewhere between 5 minutes and one hour. Black Rose is about 2 hours on normal days without a RIP Pass.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
It depends on when you are going. During nocturnes for example, waiting times for haunted houses without a RIP Pass...approx. 2 to 3 hours, with RIP Pass about 30 minutes?
Without a RIP Pass on normal days? Depends on how busy the park is, somewhere between 5 minutes and one hour. Black Rose is about 2 hours on normal days without a RIP Pass.
It depends on how many people are waiting in the RIP PASS queue, I've NEVER experienced 30 minutes of wait in a RIP PASS queue (and I visit Walibi nearly everyday)... If you visit Walibi the 31th of october (what I really discourage doing) then it may happen that the queue time for the RIP PASSES are 30 minutes long... If you see a lot of people in the RIP PASS line then you should probably do something else first and then come back 10 minutes later to a nearly-empty queue!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
So I went there on Tuesday (non-nocturnal day) and here are some of my toughts.
1) I did Lumberjack first. No one but me and my girlfriend were in the queue and later in the entire hounted house. This on itself made already a big part of the scare. In fact I found this house pretty scary and was even considering not doing the 5 stars, as this was only a 4-star house. Maybe the scare factor was extra high because the fact that all actors were only focussed on us and they were fresh since we went half an hour after opening of the house.
In the end it was a cool experience and afterwards I was pretty impressed by the experience.
2) Wanting to cool down we did Quarantine (3-star scarefactor). Since it was open air and durning the day it indeed felt pretty mild, except the beginning, where you get locked in a container so filled with smoke that you can't see anything)
After this I felt a bit more comfortable to do mineblast (4-star).
3) In mineblast we were also the only 2 persons in the maze. Contrary to Lumberjack it felt really bland in there and a lot of actors seemed to be out of position, as many of them were too late to scare us. It was a lot less scary than lumberjack and gave me the courage to go for the 5-stars
4) Bloc H was actually a dissapointment. In the entire maze there were maybe 3 actors, just passing by and not even trying to scare us. Only in the last room there were like 6 actors sitting together, beeing creepy. One girl got taken from her group right before us and pressed into a corner, so I can imagine that that is scary, but overall it even felt less scary than Quarantine.
I think that either a lot of actors were on break or that they move this maze a notch up on nocturnes, since there were plenty of places that could have had actors waiting.
5) I wasn't as scared anymore for Black Rose after I did Bloc H and went in with great courage. The house looked stunning from the outside and that continued in the inside aswell. It was the most detailed house, but I felt not so creeped out overall and actually expected more of it. Also the handcuffs aren't really handcuffs and when you use a bit too much force they get loose immediatly.

Conclusion: altough it was really dead inside the parc, because of the bad weather, I felt that everything was a bit rushed. Some scenes could have been worked out a bit better (like locking you up in a room with some actors like they did to us in Lumberjack). I had hoped they wouldn't rush us because it wasn't that busy... I could only imagine how much they rush you on a nocturne...
The actors in the scare zones did really their best. It was a bit a pitty that the weather was so bad and that some had troubles with make-up and later on the day they had to leave, but I don't blame em.
Now some ratings based on expectations (only considering these were my first ever hounted houses with real actors)
3 star
Quarantine: 8/10. The decorations was how I expected and the scare factor aswell. I reckon a few more actors could spice things up.
4 star
Lumberjack: 9/10. Nice decorations, but imo the most scary of the houses and therefore it doesn't fit in the 4 star category.
Mineblast: 6/10. Bland decorations for 50% of the maze. Not that many Jump scares.
5 star
Bloc H: 3/10. No 5-star worthy. In fact I was less cared than in quarantine. I reckon I had not the full experience tough.
Black Rose: 8/10: Beautifull experience but also not woth the 5-star scare rating. Too many open spaces and a bit too light inside the house. If it were scarier it would defenitly get 10/10

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
So I went there on Tuesday (non-nocturnal day) and here are some of my toughts.
1) I did Lumberjack first. No one but me and my girlfriend were in the queue and later in the entire hounted house. This on itself made already a big part of the scare. In fact I found this house pretty scary and was even considering not doing the 5 stars, as this was only a 4-star house. Maybe the scare factor was extra high because the fact that all actors were only focussed on us and they were fresh since we went half an hour after opening of the house.
In the end it was a cool experience and afterwards I was pretty impressed by the experience.
2) Wanting to cool down we did Quarantine (3-star scarefactor). Since it was open air and durning the day it indeed felt pretty mild, except the beginning, where you get locked in a container so filled with smoke that you can't see anything)
After this I felt a bit more comfortable to do mineblast (4-star).
3) In mineblast we were also the only 2 persons in the maze. Contrary to Lumberjack it felt really bland in there and a lot of actors seemed to be out of position, as many of them were too late to scare us. It was a lot less scary than lumberjack and gave me the courage to go for the 5-stars
4) Bloc H was actually a dissapointment. In the entire maze there were maybe 3 actors, just passing by and not even trying to scare us. Only in the last room there were like 6 actors sitting together, beeing creepy. One girl got taken from her group right before us and pressed into a corner, so I can imagine that that is scary, but overall it even felt less scary than Quarantine.
I think that either a lot of actors were on break or that they move this maze a notch up on nocturnes, since there were plenty of places that could have had actors waiting.
5) I wasn't as scared anymore for Black Rose after I did Bloc H and went in with great courage. The house looked stunning from the outside and that continued in the inside aswell. It was the most detailed house, but I felt not so creeped out overall and actually expected more of it. Also the handcuffs aren't really handcuffs and when you use a bit too much force they get loose immediatly.

Conclusion: altough it was really dead inside the parc, because of the bad weather, I felt that everything was a bit rushed. Some scenes could have been worked out a bit better (like locking you up in a room with some actors like they did to us in Lumberjack). I had hoped they wouldn't rush us because it wasn't that busy... I could only imagine how much they rush you on a nocturne...
The actors in the scare zones did really their best. It was a bit a pitty that the weather was so bad and that some had troubles with make-up and later on the day they had to leave, but I don't blame em.
Now some ratings based on expectations (only considering these were my first ever hounted houses with real actors)
3 star
Quarantine: 8/10. The decorations was how I expected and the scare factor aswell. I reckon a few more actors could spice things up.
4 star
Lumberjack: 9/10. Nice decorations, but imo the most scary of the houses and therefore it doesn't fit in the 4 star category.
Mineblast: 6/10. Bland decorations for 50% of the maze. Not that many Jump scares.
5 star
Bloc H: 3/10. No 5-star worthy. In fact I was less cared than in quarantine. I reckon I had not the full experience tough.
Black Rose: 8/10: Beautifull experience but also not woth the 5-star scare rating. Too many open spaces and a bit too light inside the house. If it were scarier it would defenitly get 10/10
Thank you for your review, at some points I completely agreed with what you said!
I still hope you enjoyed the day at Walibi.

Maybe visit again next year?

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
3 star
4 star
5 star

Great review, really interesting to read. When I went last year, Mineblast was by far the best and scariest, and Lumberjack was one of the worst! It's funny how it can change around like that. Bloc H still sounds very similar to when I did it...not enough actors. They also let me go in the mazes with just my partner, makes it way better when you are not in a huge group!