What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
There are some guy wires barely visible in the photo. They did the same thing with Valravn during its construction.

I am a bit surprised to see the support structure differ slightly. The drop IS nearly 40 feet taller, but I wouldn't think it'd alter where the supports interface with the track THAT much.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To partly confirm the discussion around the drop and lift hill, the track does provide self-support and allow for minimal supports. Cedar Point covered some of this during the Valravn construction, such as the single straight support at the turn and unsupported drop entry, which are reinforced by support from the verticle drop track and lift hill. AKA the track and supports work together in providing support.

Pear

Strata Poster
20181018_194540.jpg

tbarnesarc

Roller Poster
This has been a fun watch. I'd love to get a hold of the drawings and nerd out on them for hours. The caissons/piles have to be ridiculously deep on that sucker. :emoji_nerd:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It's hard to see from that image but they haven't installed the top of the lift hill yet, only the holding brake and most of the turn.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's hard to see from that image but they haven't installed the top of the lift hill yet, only the holding brake and most of the turn.
This is the interesting point. I vaguely recall the crew consteucting Valravn's entire top section essentially all at once but, as mentioned, they didn't install the crest and beginning of the turn. I don't see why they couldn't just leave the crane there temporarily supporting the whole thing, but we don't have any way of knowing if they did so.

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Right on schedule, it's actually topped off. Completing the drop is not topping it off as many youtubers seem to think.
At 8:14 or 11:00ish.