What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Potential New Attraction on Trauma Towers Spot

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Yeah that's true, I asked if she was planning to RMC Big Dipper and she denied that too.

#RMCBigDipper confirmed I can't wait!
Well she wouldn't say yes would she. We HAVE markings that are for something. Do you expect her to say "Yes, we are building a new ride!"?

Matt N

CF Legend
When Icon was rumoured, I seem to remember Amanda saying something along the lines of "there will be something worth the wait" when being questioned about it by enthusiasts. In that tweet there, she seemed to point blank deny that anything was happening, so I'm really not too sure. I do reckon that these markings are for something substantial, but I don't know if it'll be a coaster and I don't know if it'll be in 2020. We'll have to wait and see...

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
There always seems to be something put together by the workshop for Halloween, like the last few years with the boiler and the witch. With all that open space, it’s perfect for something big along those lines, plus they finally finished and installed the big grim reaper at the front of the Ghost Train, which took some time to do.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
Well she wouldn't say yes would she. We HAVE markings that are for something. Do you expect her to say "Yes, we are building a new ride!"?

Occam's Razor is a useful philosophical tool that states that when you have a number of competing hypotheses, you should go with the one that makes the least assumptions.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

in this case, it means some markings for something not very important. You have to make more assumptions for it to be a fancy ride.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I'm pretty sure they are planning to demolish it at some point so this could be the start of that, but it doesn't mean there'll be a new ride straight away if it is. Could still be several years away yet, like the bridge where Icon is was removed 2 years before Icon appeared.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Pleasure Beach fan pages trampling over each other to report the hole in the Bowl a Drome roof caused by storm damage, then all of a sudden can't put two and two together when, shocker......more scaffolding appears around it during the closed season.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
Yeah. We'll start ripping the building apart but we'll just leave all the coin-op machines inside while we do it. Maybe we'll just leave them there under the first drop of the new 400 foot high ride.