What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
I also wouldn't take notice of someone that takes a grinning selfie in the exact same location as a staff member's death and then remove it from your page when you get called out by MANY people. I'd quite happily keep this forum Sanbrooke free as his reviews and opinions mean absolutely nothing.

Matt N

CF Legend
So I'll presume nobody cared about Shawn's opinion, then.

Moving swiftly on, how long is it until a big group of CFers is going to Poland on an event?

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah I'm waiting until we get more people over there that I actually trust besides some low life Youtuber. Funny how those words "low life" and "YouTuber" go in the same vain in the enthusiast community. The more they interact, the more I find them all repulsive.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm there is just over two weeks, so you can get the views of an impartial(ish) CF-lurker before you fly out. Lucky you ;)
Awesome! Hope you like Hyperion, and the rest of Energylandia, for that matter! Are you visiting Legendia too, out of interest, or is it just Energylandia on this trip?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Awesome! Hope you like Hyperion, and the rest of Energylandia, for that matter! Are you visiting Legendia too, out of interest, or is it just Energylandia on this trip?

I'll be doing Legendia too (I'm more excited for Legendia than Energylandia too tbh). And Auschwitz, which has been on my to do list for a while.

But the reason this trip has happened is because of Hyperion opening tbf

Matt N

CF Legend
I'll be doing Legendia too (I'm more excited for Legendia than Energylandia too tbh). And Auschwitz, which has been on my to do list for a while.

But the reason this trip has happened is because of Hyperion opening tbf
Awesome! Have a lovely time!

iac17

Mega Poster
So do we know if this is any good or not yet? Early reviews weren't overly positive.

Think I wait til you guys to report back from the live before I book the trip.
I had the chance to visit the park yesterday and i managed to get 3 ride on the coaster(all 3 back row), i know is not a lot but here's my review:
(Little premises i LOVE intense rides so my thought may not be shared by someone that prefer less intense rides or is more susceptible to vibrations)

The first half of the ride (from the first drop to the floater hill) is really intense and provide some really good ejector comparable to the one on Maverick or SV.
The second half is definitely less intense, but still not forceless ; the floater hill provide * some better floater than the one you can find on B&M Hypers, while the Twisted airtime hill and the last airtime hill provide some good ejector , not as forceful as the one on the first drop or the first hill but still intense;
The little bunny hops are really funny and the stengle dives ,even if not as intense as maverick ones, manage to throw you around quite a bit , specially if you are seated on a outer seat;
Another "benefit" of the edge seat is that the splash down get's you really wet.
The only downside of the ride is that it has a rattle, quite an intense one actually, but it does not effect a lot the experience thanks to the restrains, you can really feel it on the overbancked turns and the s curve.
In the end is a really good and intense ride (if don't mind the vibration**) that leaves you whit a big smile and a "what did just happen" feel wen you get off of it.
I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoy a good intense ride.

* In my opinion
**I don't know if is a wheel problem or a track deal soo keep in mind that this could change

He says everything is great, so I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt.

I find out for myself in less than 2 weeks

When i was at the park i got to meet Shawn of TPW (i got a selfie of us that i may add to this post later), We talked a little bit about the park and we shared our opinion on hyperion; he told me that he like the coaster but he don't find it very re rideable, he prefer Shambhala .
Personally i disagree with him, i think that Hyperion is a little better than shambhala for his greater intensity.

i'll be back at the park sometime later this week and i'm going to see if my thought will change.

BTW it's a little off topic but i'm so happy tomorrow i'll finally visit Legendia and get my 200th credit on Lech
:)

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Yeah I'm waiting until we get more people over there that I actually trust besides some low life Youtuber. Funny how those words "low life" and "YouTuber" go in the same vain in the enthusiast community. The more they interact, the more I find them all repulsive.
I'm not his biggest fan but "low life" and ''repulsive'' is perhaps a bit extreme.

He's just a bloke riding coasters and giving his opinion. Just like lots of us on here, he has a decent enough coaster count to warrant a valid opinion.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm surprised he didn't knock someone's head off with that chin.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm not his biggest fan but "low life" and ''repulsive'' is perhaps a bit extreme.

He's just a bloke riding coasters and giving his opinion. Just like lots of us on here, he has a decent enough coaster count to warrant a valid opinion.

Homeboy can give his opinion all he wants, never said he wasn't entitled to it. However, the more and more I see from these enthusiasts on YouTube that vlog or put out these shows, the more and more I'm put off. And like Lofty said.. you have to dig deeper then just looking at their videos to see what they're truly like. As I was genuinely curious in most cases, the more I see non-fanboys disliking their interactions with these individuals as well as finding their content more and more click bait oriented rather then actual quality.

These people put on a shiny exterior trying to please as much as possible when they're indeed quite the pieces of crap. Now, that isn't to say those personalities are all like that but from what I've seen, especially from this guy, I have no reason to believe and feel that he's not.

Plus, they tend to stand for everything I am against when putting out yourself to the world. I will always be me. The person you talk to here is the same guy you hear on my podcast and you meet in real life, albeit I'm a bit friendlier in real life as text doesn't quite get my personality. I don't cater, I tend to not be as PC as many would like.. but thats me. You get what you buy as it were and to not be you for clicks and views? Get out.

Matt N

CF Legend
Basic-ness? I don't know about any of you, but I wouldn't personally call 800 coasters basic! Or am I massively misinterpreting @Lofty's definition of the term basic-ness?

Anyway, I know I am in a large minority around these parts, but I personally love Shawn's videos! I find Shawn to be a very positive person, which I like, and he seems very down to earth and honest in his videos, in my opinion! Also, his Vlogs are a good way for someone like me to see what places I've never been to are like!

Before we go too off-topic, has anyone else experienced Hyperion?