What's new

Warner Bros. Movie World AU | DC Rivals HyperCoaster | Mack

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Yeah, many of these excess restraints are either due to local laws, or company request. Some good examples are TTD and KK having different restraints, despite being almost the same ride. Another one is that B&M Hypers from Cedar Fair have a seatbelt, but Six Flags ones don't.

Gazza

Giga Poster
The pink track surrounded by palm trees <3 what sort of aesthetic.
I've been meaning to make this.
22014789_10154774958171105_655629722_n.png

Will

Strata Poster
What?!
I'm very surprised to see this - the Aus parks seem to have stepped up their maintenance game recently for obvious reasons, but whilst I may have been a little non-plussed by the ride as a whole, I can confirm it was glass smooth back in April.

Intrigued to know what this is about

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that's not 'normal' maintenance.

Portions of track being removed this soon in the ride's life - who actually built this, S&S?

Snoo

The Legend
What makes it even more out of line is that it's the top of a hill, which normally gets less problems then say a valley. I'm willing to bet they found either issues with the track itself or the supports or even deeper, the foundation.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love how they site Maverick, PMBO, X2, and Dodonpa as having major track modifications, yet did any of them happen to this degree ONE season after operation?

I don't really think it's like that, at all...

Matt N

CF Legend
Could it be down to a similar problem to what 2017 GaleForce apparently suffered from, where the rails weren't quite parallel?

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I love how they site Maverick, PMBO, X2, and Dodonpa as having major track modifications, yet did any of them happen to this degree ONE season after operation?

I don't really think it's like that, at all...
I think the Big One was after two seasons and wasn't Maverick before it even opened?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think the Big One was after two seasons and wasn't Maverick before it even opened?
According to Wiki, PMBO was three years in -
In 1997 after operating for 3 years, The Big One had part of its drop and the first turn-around re-profiled and changed. This was due to the excessive stress put on the track and parts of the train as a result of the tight and sudden manoeuvres in the track's previous form.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_One_(roller_coaster)
Sounds like the same issue DC Rivals might be having, but three seasons in.

Maverick was just a design flaw from the outset - at least they didn't let it operate for a year.