What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Snoo

The Legend
For me, the singular $2 is not bad. If you times that by how many creds and rides there are which need lockers, it becomes ridiculous.

Only 3 at this point as the rest have bins.. so TTD, MF, and Steel Vengeance? If you marathon, you can just use the same locker. While I understand what youre getting at, logistically having experienced this with Hixees camera a few days ago, it's not as annoying (even if it can get a bit pricey if your constantly only riding these rides on and off throughout the day) as you'd think.

Lofty

CF Legend
Only 3 at this point as the rest have bins.. so TTD, MF, and Steel Vengeance? If you marathon, you can just use the same locker. While I understand what youre getting at, logistically having experienced this with Hixees camera a few days ago, it's not as annoying (even if it can get a bit pricey if your constantly only riding these rides on and off throughout the day) as you'd think.
You say that, last year they had bins on all the other coasters but were refusing to let people use them and making them take their belongings on the rides with them - @Ben didn't this happen on Valravn?

Snoo

The Legend
You say that, last year they had bins on all the other coasters but were refusing to let people use them and making them take their belongings on the rides with them - @Ben didn't this happen on Valravn?

If that’s the case, that sucks. I think it also depends on what you bring. If you have a suite case :p

I’m basing this purely on a tote bag enough for an SLR. I don’t carry much with me so some I may be out of the know but I got most of the policies from Hixee a few days ago.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Don’t forget Magnum also requires lockers, and Gatekeeper has bins only for items smaller than glasses or wallets.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I was able to put my hat and phone in the bins, idk if they changed anything.
Pretty sure they just flip a coin to determine if it can go in or not. In general, they define it as "not bags", but I've also seen them allow some with fanny packs while turning others away.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
On the subject of lockers, it was only SteVe, TTD and MF where I had to use a locker. I did for Gatekeeper and Valravn because I wasn't sure the camera would fit in the small lockers, but if you had a compact camera, phone and wallet you'd be fine on those. Everything else had old fashioned bins.

The $1/hour (min 2 hours, but hourly after that) worked really well too actually, and didn't feel like a rip off. We never struggled to get a locker, and didn't have any issues opening them. We had a very chilled couple of days in the park, so I didn't really need them, but the $10 movable one would actually have been quite good if you were having a HUGE day in the park.

What did you think to SteVe, @Hixee, if you wouldn't mind sharing?
I thought it was excellent! It's my number one now, after a night and a front row ride. I'm still out on mobile, but will be going in to a bit more detail in my trip report soon. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
He had to say that though cos there was a long queue of people lining up to kick him in the nuts if he said otherwise. :p
Which seemed grossly unfair, I have to admit! ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
On the subject of lockers, it was only SteVe, TTD and MF where I had to use a locker. I did for Gatekeeper and Valravn because I wasn't sure the camera would fit in the small lockers, but if you had a compact camera, phone and wallet you'd be fine on those. Everything else had old fashioned bins.

The $1/hour (min 2 hours, but hourly after that) worked really well too actually, and didn't feel like a rip off. We never struggled to get a locker, and didn't have any issues opening them. We had a very chilled couple of days in the park, so I didn't really need them, but the $10 movable one would actually have been quite good if you were having a HUGE day in the park.

I thought it was excellent! It's my number one now, after a night and a front row ride. I'm still out on mobile, but will be going in to a bit more detail in my trip report soon. :)
Brilliant stuff! Thanks @Hixee!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah on Valravn last year I sat next to a woman who had to hold her phone in one hand and her keys in the other because she wasn’t allowed to put it in a bin. Like, how is that safe? Why have you got the bins?!

Then there was the time Vadge ride Dragster with her ****ing handbag because you know that’s better than leaving it in the station or something?!?

They were absolute dicks about it, and so unnecessary. If you want to speed up operations whatever great, but make them free. You’re making it $2 per ride you do and that’s not cool.

Matt N

CF Legend
Making someone ride Dragster with a handbag is a little strange, in my opinion... I know it doesn't have inversions, but it still has a vertical 420ft ascent and descent. Also, I'd imagine a handbag flying along at 120mph would probably be fatal if it were to hit someone...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I was carrying three phones with me in a zipped pocket for my last ride. They were looking closely for anything remotely phone shaped in pockets at the entrance and they were patrolling the queue for anyone with a phone out. The phones in my cargo pocket were not noticeable enough for me to get stopped and I never removed them while in the queue.

Do what you will with this information.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah on Valravn last year I sat next to a woman who had to hold her phone in one hand and her keys in the other because she wasn’t allowed to put it in a bin. Like, how is that safe? Why have you got the bins?!

Then there was the time Vadge ride Dragster with her :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing handbag because you know that’s better than leaving it in the station or something?!?

They were absolute dicks about it, and so unnecessary. If you want to speed up operations whatever great, but make them free. You’re making it $2 per ride you do and that’s not cool.

I will agree with this unequivocally short of the pricing. They did NOT care in most places about the loose articles policy. Hats were really the only thing I saw but untethered glasses or any items related such as that. They made people HOLD cell phones on some rides while the Gestapo was out front of Steel Vengeance checking EVERY person with a police officer near by.

I'm fine with a strict policy, but have it be the same for ALL rides.. and if you have bins.. make them simply bins for all items and not some.

Hutch

Strata Poster
The thing with Dragster is that there are separate loading/unloading bays so you can't just have the stationary bins. If anything it's nice they don't force you to have a locker on that ride, even if it's inconsistent with other rides' policies.