What's new

Warner Brothers World | Abu Dhabi | Indoor Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Couldn't see a thread for this.

This is a new indoor Warner Brothers Park over the road from Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi.
Opening in 2018.

Official site
https://wbworld.ae/

Concept art for the park.
Warnert2.jpg
Warnert4.jpg

Plan for the indoor park
Warnert1.jpg

Old construction shot from inside.
Warnert3.jpg

Construction shot from January - Plenty more at the source here https://travellerczech.com/2017/01/30/warner-bros-abu-dhabi-park-construction-update-january-17/
Warnert6.jpg

The plans clearly show at least two coasters. a Vekoma SFC perhaps and an unknown coaster towards the top
The most recent shots taken from outside the park show a coaster already up indoors.
The pics of that are DubaiDaves though so I shall let him post them here.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
cab8086f0a7afd4e7ffd18061bce962a.jpg

Here's a shot of the coaster inside.

1cb8db7c864f2359e418f131710c2230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Bumble Bee

Roller Poster
Any idea what it is? it looks like some Vekoma track at first glance but its very hard to tell.
In my opinion it will be a Motocoaster, because the layout is very similiar to TRON.
Here´s the layout from TRON:
troncoaster2.jpg
And here from this coaster:
Blue: Launch
Yellow: Station
Green: Brakes
Black: Layout
painttskiiil.jpg

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
New concept art and info
warner-bros-theme-park-41.jpg

warner-bros-theme-park1.jpg

warner-bros-theme-park2.jpg

warner-bros-theme-park3.jpg
warner-bros-theme-park5.jpg
warner-bros-theme-park6.jpg

Warner Bros. and Abu Dhabi’s Miral have unveiled details for their planned $1 billion theme park — including worlds for Superman’s Metropolis and Batman’s Gotham City.

The park, which will open next year, will also include Cartoon Junction, Bedrock, and Dynamite Gulch, themed after the Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera brands; and Warner Bros. Plaza, which will be reminiscent of old Hollywood. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, located on Yas Island and set to open in 2018, will include thrill rides, interactive family friendly attractions and live entertainment.

Warner Bros. and Miral first announced the indoor project a year ago, promising to open the facility in 2018. The companies said Tuesday that the park is on track to make that goal.

“Miral is proud to confirm that one year after announcing its plans to bring Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi to Yas island, we’re making great progress with our partners where we’re 60 percent complete and on track to launch in 2018.” said Mohamed Abdullah Al Zaabi, CEO of Miral. “We’re excited to reveal new details about the six unique immersive worlds at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, which is a key part of our ambition to make Yas Island a top-ten global destination for family fun.”

Superman’s Metropolis will be a modern-styled city of towering skyscrapers while Gotham City will contain dark alleys. Cartoon Junction will bring together Bugs Bunny and Scooby-Doo, while Bedrock will be a “Flinstones”-themed prehistoric world powered by birds and dinosaurs.

“Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi will be a state-of-the-art themed experience that authentically brings some of the studio’s most iconic characters and stories to life under one roof for the first time in the Middle East,” said Pam Lifford, president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “We have been closely collaborating with our partners at Miral to faithfully construct immersive worlds that resonate with precise details and are thrilled to share these unique experiences with fans next year.”

The project has hired 5,500 workers for the park, which will contain 1.65 million square feet. Yas Island already contains Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, Yas Marina Circuit, seven hotels, a golf course, marina, beach, and the Yas Mall.

Copy & pasted from here

This park is gonna be dead like the others.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
There are some pictures of the coasters in this park.

Warner1.jpg
Any idea what this might be? Track style is a little strange. Possibly a smaller version of Zamperla Thunderbolt track?

Warner3.jpg Warner2.jpg
The suspended coaster can be seen up there. Possibly Intamin this one.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
It bugs me how developers in countries like china and dubai can open so many world class parks in a couple of years, when in the UK we've had 5 years of BS with "paramount" park and still don't know whether it will actually open or not!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It bugs me how developers in countries like china and dubai can open so many world class parks in a couple of years, when in the UK we've had 5 years of BS with "paramount" park and still don't know whether it will actually open or not!

Then again, the UK has had amusement parks for a century or so (depending a little on your definition), while the UAE/Chinese park markets have been rather empty until the current economic boom. There wasn't a market for them before, there is now, ergo parks are built. In the UK there has been a market for many, many decades, hence the parks built many, many decades ago.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just officially confirming what the coastercruiser said. the junior invert is an Intamin.
This is from the latest Intamin reference list.

Capture.PNG
What makes this interesting is 18m tall and 390m long is very close to the official stats for the Vekoma standard SFC which B&M has cloned twice in China.
Could this be an Intamin version of the same design? The park plans in the first post suggest it will be at least.

Lofty

CF Legend
We'll get a bit more information about this park next week, IAAPA are holding a Winter Forum in the UAE that visits Yas Waterworld, Aquaventure Waterpark Dubai, Safari Dubai, La Perle by Dragone, Louvre Abu Dhabi and Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi. I've got a few friends that are going, so I'll try and get some info and photos from them (if they're allowed).

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
What makes this interesting is 18m tall and 390m long is very close to the official stats for the Vekoma standard SFC which B&M has cloned twice in China.
Could this be an Intamin version of the same design? The park plans in the first post suggest it will be at least.

When I saw some screen caps of the above video the other day, I thought the brief bit you see of the Intamin actually looked a lot like the "zig-zag" section you see on those Vekoma layouts. It seems very likely indeed, that this is Intamin's version of said layout.