What's new

You've been baned!!

If the manager of alton towers told you that you have been on too many rides at his theme park and h

• nemesis

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • air

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rita

• oblivion

• corkscrew

• spinball wizzer

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

If the manager of alton towers told you that you have been on too many rides at his theme park and he said you could only have one last ride, what would it be?

jayjay

Giga Poster
I don't get out much so I don't know Alton Towers. I can't vote really. I'm most looking forward to Oblivion (because I loved Apocolypse so much).

Angel

Hyper Poster
Rita

How strange and out there do these polls want to be!

Anyway Rita because shes my lil ickle baby that I love!

So yeah I voted for her.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
Nemesis because she's a classic and I love her! I would cry all the way round and cling wailingly to the restraint when they have to come prise me away.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Heheh, 'been on too many rides'. That'd be quite a few of us stuffed really!

I'd probably go on Nemesis. I'd like to go on any of them, but I doubt i'd be happy going away knowing I had one last chance to ride Nemesis, but didn't.

Also, would we have to queue? If not, it might be worth doing Rita for the novelty of a queueless ride on her.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Air because there is an alternative for Nemesis (Black Mamba), for Rita (Stealth) and for Oblivion (any tall drop tower). Air is way different, I won't find it elsewhere in Europe. Since I live here that would be a best option I could pick.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
robbeal said:
Also, would we have to queue? If not, it might be worth doing Rita for the novelty of a queueless ride on her.

You need to try the SRQ early on in the day. ;) 2 rides in 20 minutes on Rita when the normal queue was already pushing 2 hours. :D

Anyway, if AT said I'd ridden too many rides and was banned, then I would just have to drastically change my appearance and carry on going. :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Kaycee said:
You need to try the SRQ early on in the day. ;) 2 rides in 20 minutes on Rita when the normal queue was already pushing 2 hours. :D

Even better, get in early with your AP and go straight for the SRQ. While everyone else makes a 2 hour queue for the main queue to open, there's never anyone on the SRQ. You'll always get first ride fo the day... Well, until I just gave out this tip you would have done :p

For me, it would have to be Corkscrew. It was the first loopnig coaster I went on, and the first ride I ever went on at Alton. I like the symetry of it being my last ride :)

BTW, isn't this just a thinly disguised "which is your favourite coaster at Alton?" poll? :p

Kaycee

Roller Poster
furie said:
Kaycee said:

Even better, get in early with your AP and go straight for the SRQ. While everyone else makes a 2 hour queue for the main queue to open, there's never anyone on the SRQ. You'll always get first ride fo the day... Well, until I just gave out this tip you would have done :p

Good idea in theory, but I don't like the hour wait before it actually opens - would rather go get Nemesis and Air done first. :p

mark.w seems to have the best reasoning - won't get on a ride on Air unless you can afford to fork out for a trip across the Atlantic and beyond. I would agree, but I find Air too mediocre a ride once you get past the whole 'woo, I'm flying' thing.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
It was very close between nemesis and corkscrew for me. But i chose corkscrew in the end. Its becuase its so old, altons original icon and all that :p
It was like when black hole went, everyone missed that too, but it wasnt the best coaster there at all.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
I picked Air as theres no other ride lik it in the UK, as with the others theres simmilar coasters else where such as oblivion and apocslypse are simmilar in thrill, Rita and Stealth, Nemesis and NI, Spinball and DF,

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Definately nemesis, but Rita is a very close second.

Can't beat the out of control feeling on good ol nemesis...

joe

Mega Poster
Oblivion, it was my first coaster at the park, and it would have to be my last there too.

How wierd do these polls get?

A

Anonymous

RCCGB member Ryan Hackett has ridden Megafobia over 4000 times, and Paddy hasn't kicked him out yet. LOL