What's new

Youtube muting protest.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I'm in america, and I even think it's BS about what google is doing to FagTube for the UK-ers. The original owners should never have sold it.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ You haven't read a word of this thread have you Xpress?

Read it and you'll discover something about "FagTube"

supersion

Mega Poster
I've lost faith in Youtube.

It's become something that is called a Joke.

Not only has it deleted around 7 of my video's, but it now stops people from the UK watching official Music Videos. It's not availiable in your Country. Sorry, I completely forgot that Leona Lewis isn't from the UK, and Oasis, and oh.. the rest of them.

Sorry for wanting to have some fun YouTube... my mistake.

Tbh, once I heared it was taken over by Google, I knew it was going to be ****. :banging:

I'll join every group out there against Youtube. Fine by me. :)

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Xpress said:
I'm in america, and I even think it's BS about what google is doing to FagTube for the UK-ers.

What a clever thing to post on a forum with homosexual members :roll:

Anyway, it's really getting on my nerves how we can't view music videos. I think I might move over to Vimeo, YT is really pissing me off.

peep

CF Legend
I've decided to move to another site now. Not sure what one yet but YT have now muted two of my videos within the space of a week so therefore I'm even more annoyed about this than before. It's going too far now and it's not YT's fault. It's all down to the music companies forcing YT to do it.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Me and peep were just chatting about this earlier and I am now transferring to Vimeo, though all my content is remaining on youtube, but all new videos will be on Vimeo. And it is a lot better than YT, with its standard quality being as good as YT's HQ. You will now easily be see my Walibi Belgium video. So here is me on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/user1441384

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I find this all very confusing.

We have only ever had one of our videos removed due to copyrite, Leeds Valentines Fair which featured local-ish band Chumbawumba and the song Tub Thumping. We re-uploaded with some copyrite free music, and it really wasn't as good.

Like Ollie, much of the music we use is relatively obscure, but recent stuff has had the 'buy it on ayeTunes' option. We don't set out to make profit from any of our videos, nor would we in the future. The buy it option seems to be quite fair I guess, but muting or deleting is totally against the whole youtube ethos.

I did join Cialls group a few weeks ago but really don't want to remove the music voluntarily. As people have said, it takes a lot of time to edit the video to the music, so I won't be undoing that anytime soon, unless I have to.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^'tis quite confusing.

AeRo said:
I did join Cialls group a few weeks ago

To avoid it getting lost within the pages, here it is again:

[youtube]http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=35474744976[/youtube]

I hate having to find ****ty quality videos of songs now. I like looking at some music videos but now that they're gone, it ruins some of the songs...

Ollie

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
To avoid it getting lost within the pages, here it is again:

[youtube]http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=35474744976[/youtube]

FAIL! You can't put a Facebook link in Youtube tags. :p

jayjay

Giga Poster
I had my Ghosterforce V video muted. I may try avoiding using songs by WMG (and possibly UMG) in the future. Not sure which ones would be good to avoid like that though.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Yeah 3 of mine have been muted/deleted by WMG!

Facebook are now doing the same!

My vid from Paultons that has Tweenies and Jellytastic on has been muted by Facebook themselves NOT the music company.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
It seems that YooToob have caught up with us too now, with 2 videos being suspended :bad-words:

They will be replaced in the furie way :p

Pierre

Strata Poster
I uploaded a video last night, and it was muted IMMEDIATELY, how do they do that? (It was WMG by the way)... I'm thinking its the filename, or do they have a system where the video is ran through and it recognises the audio??

mrclam

Giga Poster
You see on one hand - i have no problems with youtube blocking people posting videos with illegally used copyrighted material.

On the other hand, when you look to see how many music videos/full movies/tv shows/etc that are on youtube easily accessible - it's a bit hypocritical of them to do.

Surely if they're going to enforce it, they should enforce it 100% everywhere?

I can easily find whole albums of music on youtube not even in the background to someones home made boring coaster video..

mrclam

Giga Poster
case in point .. i read above the word "ghosterforce" and thought of ghostbusters.

So i searched on youtube...

here's the WHOLE of "ghostbusters 2" free to watch...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QcktvrfpO4&feature=PlayList&p=C58BE85EDDD5F94D&index=0[/youtube]

(obviously you need to select a new part at the end)

Ollie

CF Legend
Another thing I hate about Youtube is that they're forcing EVERYONE to use the new channel looks on the 15th.
New people signing up will get it straight away but all others will be changed soon.

This sucks as the new channel pages ****ING SUCK! They should at least give us the choice.
The new ones are horrible though. Hard to navigate, everything's crammed into a tiny space and you can't personalise it as much as the old ones.

Urgh Youtube is desperate to get its users to hate them aren't they?

Mark

Strata Poster
How did I not notice this topic Furie!!!!!!

I am certainly in agreement and up for this!

They have suspended one of the videos from my Orlando trip!!!

(That's just a few exclamation points)

Karen

Hyper Poster
Cheers Pierre I'll give it a go tomorrow. Anyone considering this make sure you read the comments first. UMG music doesn't work it has to be WMG. Also do too many and you could be booted off youtube!