What's new

Your year in review - 2020 edition

Justin2000

Mega Poster
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 801

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 812

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 11

- New parks visited in 2020: Rowdy Bear Mountain, Gatlinburg Mountain, Rowdy Bear Ridge, Ober Gatlinburg, Island in Pigeon Forge, Rocky Top Mountain, Goats on the Roof

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 6... Hopefully more with SFGAm doing Holiday In The Park

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: None

- Best new-to-you coaster: Steel Vengeance

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Earthquake The Ride

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Ober Gatlinburg I guess?

- Best park visit: Indiana Beach to re-ride a bunch of rides and do a bunch of stuff.

- Highlight of 2020: Earthquake The Ride in Gatlinburg

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Maverick being Terrible

- Best individual coaster lap: Dragon Flier at Dollywood

- Best New for 2020 Ride: None

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Finally Eating Dollywood's Famous Cinnamon Bread

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Beyond The Lens Museum in Pigeon Forge

- Most Surprising Coaster: Mystery Mine cause I was able to fit on it

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Indoor Coaster for Movie Park Germany, VelociCoaster, Wood Coaster at Bollywood Dubai, Mine Train at Energylandia, And Lotte's Magic Forest.

Snoo

The Legend
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 371

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 389

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 18

- New parks visited in 2020: 5. S&S Testing Facility, Lagoon, Silverwood, Malibu Jacks (Louisville), Hersheypark

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 9 - Cedar Point x1, Holiday World x2, Kentucky Kingdom x1, S&S x1, Lagoon x1, Silverwood x1, Malibu Jacks x1, HersheyPark x1

- Favorite new coaster of 2020: Cannibal at Lagoon

- Best new-to-you coaster: Cannibal at Lagoon

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Anything at any Silverwood

- Favorite new-to-you park of 2020: Lagoon

- Best park visit: Holiday World for Holiwood Nights

- Highlight of 2020: Keys to the Kingdom at KK. SO much fun with so many people.

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Even GETTING out west. I had no plans anytime soon to hit Lagoon, SW, or S&S and RMC.. but it just appeared out of nowhere! Such a fun trip.

- Best individual coaster lap: Tied between first ride on Axis at S&S and Trimless Night ride on Voyage. Never experienced either before (trimless that is for Voyage) and man were they both incredible.

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Cannibal at Lagoon

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Visited two manufacturing facilities I never thought I could visit, S&S and RMC. Plan on doing more soon too! :)

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Traveling through the Rocky Mountains. So insane as I'm from the midwest with very little in terms of terrain.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Axis for sure. No idea what to expect and it blew me away.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021 : Velocicoaster for sure.

Sky

Mega Poster
(Hopefully some of this will change before the end of the year, we have one last new park trip planned for Christmas time!)

-
Coaster Count at start of 2020: 200

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 225

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 25

- New parks visited in 2020: 4. Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World San Antonio, Legoland Florida (plus a couple of FECs)

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 10 park visits, but 9 days – SFOT x1, SFFT x1/SWSA x1 (same day), Legoland x1, Busch Gardens Tampa x1, Six Flags Over Georgia x5

- Favorite new coaster of 2020: Texas Stingray

- Best new-to-you coaster: Wonder Woman Golden Lasso

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Lego Movie Masters of Flight (basically Soarin meets Lego Movie)

- Favorite new-to-you park of 2020: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (even though we barely hit half the park)

- Best park visit: Six Flags Over Texas (with @Skeletor!)

- Highlight of 2020: Seeing @Groot get his 150th cred on Wonder Woman while wearing his Gal shirt that I designed

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Still making it out to Texas on fairly short notice in the middle of a pandemic, after the Live was initially cancelled

- Best individual coaster lap: Accidental front row zen ride on Wonder Woman

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Texas Stingray, since it’s the only new for 2020 thing we did this year

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Stupid, but proud - fly into Dallas, SFOT, drive to San Antonio, SFFT/SWSA, and drive back to Dallas all in 48 hours.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Actually flying on a plane again for the first time in 10 years

- Most Surprising Coaster: Iron Rattler, it seems to get mixed reviews but I absolutely loved it!

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Velocicoaster!

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Coaster Count at start of 2020: don't count creds ( come at me!)

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: " "

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 5

- New parks visited in 2020: Joyland, pleasurewood hills

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 9

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: Duplo dino (default)

- Best new-to-you coaster: Cannonball express

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: The snails joyland

- Favorite new-to-you park of 2020: pleasurewood Hills

- Best park visit: Blackpool pleasure beach on 5th of July. First theme park day of 2020 and my non geek Mrs. rode Icon and the big one for the first time

- Highlight of 2020: Great yarmouth cred run

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Having not ridden one for about ten years, i realized i genuinely love vekoma boomerangs

- Best individual coaster lap: Whirlwind (SBF Spinner) at great yarmouth pleasure beach, Me and my sister realized you got close enough to high five each on the corners and the whole train spontaneously joined in

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Duplo dino co..... no i cant do it the thing is hot garbage, i doubt it would entertain my 20 month old!

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: losing enough weight to go ride an RMC only for their to be an international travel ban. YAY

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Lakeland Maize maze.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Duplo dino coaster, i was genuinely surprised at how tame and lame it was. Nobody is expecting a 100 foot drop or multiple inversions but i'd imagine the toddlers its aimed at experience more forces in their buggies being pushed around the park.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: The new hypercoaster at walibi belgium!

James F

Hyper Poster
Coaster Count at the start of 2020: 138

Coaster Count at the end of 2020: 139

Best new coaster of 2020: By Default, Hero at Flamingo Land one of the worst coasters I have ever experienced. Sums up this year really, so it's fitting.

New parks visited: 0

Parks visited: 2 (Flamingo Land and Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
If you count south pier (I don't) then 3

Most surprising thing of 2020: pandemic/how boring and bleak things have become.

Best Experience of 2020: Not so much coaster related, but staying at the BLVD Hotel at Blackpool Pleasure Beach was a real treat, which I would highly recommend. (Money that would of gone to Poland)

I would also say seeing Slipknot in Budapest before the lockdown.

Most exciting announcement for 2021: VelociCoaster

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 187

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 193

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 6

- New parks visited in 2020: 2. The Park at OWA and Fun Spot Kissimmee

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: Outside of working at a park, 8

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: N/A

- Best new-to-you coaster: Mine Blower

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: The Park at OWA

- Best park visit: Epcot, December 2020

- Highlight of 2020: First ever ride on Rise of the Resistance

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Dinosaur re-ride at Animal Kingdom

- Best individual coaster lap: Can't name one, but I had many fantastic rides on Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom in September 2020.

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Single-handedly getting Boarding Groups for Rise of the Resistance. Twice.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Family Thanksgiving in California.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Can't think of anything for new credits, but I got many fantastic re-rides on Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: If it's happening in 2021, Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot. If not, then Iron Gwazi.

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
-Coaster Count at start of 2020: 117.
-Coaster Count at end of 2020: 171.
-New coasters ridden in 2020: 54.
-New parks visited in 2020: 4 - Europa Park, Tripsdrill, Holiday Park and Pleasurewood Hills. Plus a couple of smaller UK amusement parks.
-Favourite new coaster of 2020: Silver Star. It's rough at the front, but this was my first B&M Hyper.
-Best new-to-you non-coaster: Pirates in Batavia.
-Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Europa Park.
-Highlight of 2020: Germany road trip.
-Biggest surprise of 2020: Actually being able to leave the UK to get some new creds.
-Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Visiting the Technik Museum Sinsheim. How could we not stop at a museum with two Concords on the roof!
-Most Surprising Coaster: Hals-uber-kopf. I wasn't expecting much but it tuned out to be a really fun family coaster.
-Most Exciting Announcement For 2021 : The Plopsaland Xtreme spinning coaster.

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 162

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 163

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 1 ?

- New parks visited in 2020: Unfortunately, 0.

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 2 - 1 day for Dollywood, 1 day for Splash Country

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: Haven't ridden a new-for-2020 coaster yet, although I'll likely be getting on Candymonium next summer, but out of the coasters that opened this year, Candymonium or Orion looks like the best.

- Best new-to-you coaster: Dragon Flier (The only NEW credit I have from 2020)

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Black Bear Trail, I found it to be quite fun.

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Sadly I didn't visit any new-to-me parks this year, although this was my first visit to Dollywood since 2017.

- Best park visit: Dollywood, since it was my only park visit this year.

- Highlight of 2020: Dollywood, since it was my only park visit this year.

- Biggest surprise of 2020: The strength of the airtime on RiverRush at Splash Country - it's borderline ejector!

- Best individual coaster lap: My last ride on Thunderhead. I slightly prefer Lightning Rod, but at least Thunderhead is reliable; it's still a fantastic woodie in my opinion.

- Best New for 2020 Ride: I'm not sure. I didn't ride any new-for-2020 rides this year.

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Hitting 100 coaster credits with Phoenix at Knoebels - visited that park in 2017 though. I was planning on attending CoasterCon this year to revisit Knoebels, but Coronavirus happened.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Nothing really comes to mind for me this year.

- Most Surprising Coaster: Tennessee Tornado, was a lot better than I remembered it to be in 2017.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Velocicoaster or Pantheon!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: 1025

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: 1028

- New coasters ridden in 2020: 3

- New parks visited in 2020: 0

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 8 - SeaWorld San Antonio, Indiana Beach, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Adventureland (Iowa), Lagoon, Knoebels, Hersheypark

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: Texas Stingray

- Best new-to-you coaster: Axis

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Dr. Frankenstein's Haunted Castle at Indiana Beach

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Yeah right...

- Best park visit: Lagoon with @Scottingtonville

- Highlight of 2020: Riding a friend's backyard motocross track with @Scottingtonville and the mountains trails near his home in Utah.

- Biggest surprise of 2020: The reopening day at Indiana Beach

- Best individual coaster lap: Voyage (in the dark w/o trims) with @Snoo, @Scottingtonville and @sarahsmile

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Texas Stingray

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Being part of the panel at Keys To The Kingdom.

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Medicine Bow, Wyoming

- Most Surprising Coaster: Axis

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Quimera relocation to Indiana Beach

Scottingtonville

Upstop Media
Staff member
Social Media Team
- Coaster Count at start of 2020: I don’t count

- Coaster Count at end of 2020: I don’t count

- New coasters ridden in 2020: I don’t count

- New parks visited in 2020: Lagoon, Silverwood, Fun Spot Atlanta

- Park visits (number of days) in 2020: 21 - Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, Sea World Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa, Fun Spot America Orlando, Fun Spot Kissimmee, Fun Spot Atlanta, Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Great Adventure, Silverwood, Lagoon, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Hersheypark, Dollywood

- Favourite new coaster of 2020: Candymonium

- Best new-to-you coaster: Skyrush (WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG?!?)

- Best new-to-you non-coaster: Mountain Monster. Such an amazing setup. Nothing like using a drop tower to transport riders!

- Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Lagoon

- Best park visit: Keys to the Kingdom, Kentucky Kingdom. Such an outrageous day!

- Highlight of 2020: Silverwood/RMC shop visit with @sarahsmile . We also visited Glacier National Park and spent the weekend at Fred’s lake house.

- Biggest surprise of 2020: Getting invited to ride the S&S Axis coaster.

- Best individual coaster lap: LROTN on Voyage during Holiwood Nights with a train full of people wearing dog masks.

- Best New for 2020 Ride: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway

- Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Learning how to ride dirt bikes with Alan Schilke and @ECG

- Best Non-Park Travel Moment: Watching the sun set over Glacier National Park

- Most Surprising Coaster: Millennium Force... because of how awful it was running. Half full trains due to Covid so it had no energy at all and it was vibrating heavily.

- Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: The return of Quimera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I have finally got round to doing this after waiting to get my last credit earlier in December. Although this year's original plans included lots of exciting trips that were then cancelled I am grateful to have still done enough to find it tricky to choose winners some of the categories. I have modified some categories to suit.

Coaster Count at start of 2020: 563

Coaster Count at end of 2020: 612

New coasters ridden in 2020: 49

New parks visited in 2020: 16 actual parks, 3 new funfairs. Actual parks: Parc Bagatelle, Dennlys Parc, Joyland, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, Pettits, Oakwood, Ocean Beach, Barry Island, Funland (Weston super-mare), Brean, West Sands Fun Park, Clarence Pier, Hayling Island, Dudley Zoo, Treasure Island, Old MacDonald’s Farm.

Non-new parks visited in 2020: Bellewaerde, Pleasurewood Hills, West Midland Safari Park, Hansa Park, Heide Park, Movie Park Germany, Phantasialand, Tripsdrill, Holiday Park and Legoland.
(+Winter Wonderland).

Favourite new coaster of 2020: Got to be F.L.Y. (Hals-uber-kopft second, Wakala third, Volldampf fourth and then Duplo Dino Coaster at number 5.)

Best new-to-you coaster: F.L.Y again but shout outs to Hals-uber-kopf and finally getting on Colossos, Megafobia, Tyrolean Tubs, Rollercoaster (GYPB) and Astro Storm. I think F.L.Y just pips it for the unique factor and whole experience.

Best new-to-you non-coaster: Finally getting on Mystery Castle. Runners up are the Anubis drop tower at Holiday Park and the Gravitron at Barry Island haha. Also our fab tour at Movie Park and actually doing scare mazes this year! Wasn’t expecting to do any!

Best rethemed attraction (not completely new to me): Excalibur at Movie Park and Nessie at Hansa!

Favourite new-to-you park of 2020: Hm. Didn’t do a lot of new parks abroad so maybe either Joyland or GYPB for the vintage factor or Oakwood.

Best park visit: Phantasialand for Rookburgh and F.L.Y. Experiencing such a highly anticipated new ride and area with fellow geeks was special and something I really hadn't expected to do this year!

Highlight of 2020: The Germany trip in general but Phantasialand and Rookburgh/F.L.Y, movie park’s halloween event and behind the scenes tour, Hansa park and Colossos.

Biggest surprise of 2020: Actually getting to some parks. F.L.Y opening. Quimera going to Indiana Beach.

Best individual coaster lap: The ridiculous airtime lap on Nessie, then the second go on F.L.Y. Also every ride on Taron.

Best New for 2020 Ride: F.L.Y

Proudest accomplishment as an enthusiast: Hit 600 credits despite the challenges! Started a coaster page/blog. Actually saw some people from cf this year.

Best Non-Park Travel Moment: The really tasty cheesy spaetzle at Tripsdrill. Stroking goats at Tripsdrill, Denny’s and pub bants on the UK trips, nerding out on history at Dudley Zoo.

Most Exciting Announcement For 2021: Kondaa, Monster and Velocicoaster. Also, Quimera.