• Total voters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
Firefox.

I had IE.. hated it.. then used Fire.. now hate IE even more.
Snoo, my friend, you have just, once again, won.

Good man.

kimahri

CF Legend
Firefox.

But I have a gripe joe... IE isnt the original Internet browser. WorldWideWeb was so change.

I like having the origional to I like having the most common. and I will be most please. as will the orange bunny next to me.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ultimate Coaster said:
So essentially, Furie, your justification for FireFox is that it allows you to be extra lazy? I mean, to each his own, I'm just curious...that's really what it sounded like.

No, not at all - Streamlined is the word :)

Firefox just lets me do everything IE does, only much, much faster and easier. I suppose making life easier could be construed as being lazy - I take it you walk everywhere, as it would be lazy to ever take a car, bus or train?

Ultimate Coaster said:
I personally don't see the issue with these add-ons...and as for spell-checking, well, I learn how to spell...and when I don't, or when something I've spelled wrong is pointed out to me, I learn how to spell it right next time.

I have typing issues, my spelling isn't great - having a nudge helps me learn without looking like an illiterate fool :) It's like I always try to do some research before posting 'facts' - the spell checker just does the same thing, just so that I'm personally happy before I make a post.

Ultimate Coaster said:
I guess what I'm saying is that I've become proficient enough in using IE and the things that FireFox helps you to do that I don't see the need to switch with something I'm completely confident in using and know how to operate...

That was actually the point I was trying to make :)

Ultimate Coaster said:
it doesn't really have to do with me being satisfied using an "inferior" product (the car analogy), because I don't think I'm using an inferior product to begin with...at least, I'm capable enough with it to make up for any shortcomings that FireFox might address - with both the system itself OR its user.

I've driven Mercs, and I hate them. I don't seem them as being superior to a lot of much lesser cars I've driven - does that make them inferior, superior? No, it's just down to taste and ability. If you can make a inferior product do what a superior product does, comfortably, then fine. The bottom line specs say which is superior, but it's all down to the skill of the driver at the end of the day.

I WAS making the point that people should leave those who use IE alone - the users themselves aren't inferior :)

Ultimate Coaster said:
My post can be pretty much summed up as "I'm clearly the best person in the world, so I don't need FireFox to make up for the things I lack."

That's fine, I just like to be able to do all of those things with a much higher efficiency (or laziness :p ) which Firefox allows...

I may do a demonstration video one day of how to post on CF quickly using FF ;)

Error

Strata Poster
Ploddish said:
I love that I use the browser that isn't actually on the list...

[nudges Joe]

Unless you tell me how to add an option, I can't fix it.

Sorry...

A

Anonymous

I have both firefox and IE but I generally use IE more. Theres no particular reason why I do but I'm just used to it more I suppose.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Crippollo said:
i use firefox tis much better then internet explorer

I hear it comes with an excellent spell checker facility so that your posts can be a shining example of spelling goodness - should you be in any way, shape or form lacking in that department ;)

A

Anonymous

I use firefox an chrome. I used portable fox on the college comps via my pen drive.

Slash

Giga Poster
SAFARI! even though i don't own a mac I prefer safari, mainly because I couldn't get onto here for a while on IE but safari let me on (Have no idea why).

Beans

Hyper Poster
I have IE8 which is sometimes a pain in the *****.
When it plays up I use Firefox.

Because of IE8 I have had to total change my computer to suit, it gets so bad that I have had to de-install the printer, and javaonly works now and again so downloading is not fun. Can't get rid of it either.