What's new

Your type of Nightlife.

Your favourite type of nightlife?

• Painting the town red (Night Clubbing/Raves).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Having a nice social down the pub.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A bit of both, it depends on my mood.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None. I sit in my house like a hermit crab.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Fake Patty's Day is the #1 day for the bars in the college town I'm at. Typically, we are on spring break over St. Patrick's Day, so we call it "Fake Patty's Day" and there are more sloots around than on Halloween. For next year, they are trying to allow beer vendors to walk the streets of downtown. Pathetic? Yes, but the revenue brought in on that day alone ($4 for a 12 oz beer) pretty much puts the entire town in the green for the year.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
Pieman said:
Night life? What is night life? I don't even leave my house during the day most of the week.

You have to have a night life. You do have a night life... Right :?:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I ****ing hate society and it's obsession with drunken nights out of idiocy. I wish people would just learn to have a good time without having to resort to ****ing alcohol.

EDIT: Oh and my idea of a good EVENING out (cuz night is for sleeping) is eating somewhere epic.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^
high_horse.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
I ****ing hate society and it's obsession with drunken nights out of idiocy. I wish people would just learn to have a good time without having to resort to ****ing alcohol.

Not as bad as people who resort to swearing all the time to try and get their point across :p

Thought I'd comment here, though it's probably well off topic...

I'm not onto my sixth week of not drinking alcohol. I'm not doing it for any noble reasons, or to prove I don't need it or anything - it's simply cost saving and to help with my diet.

However, it's interesting be able to compare "alcohol free" with "regular drinker". I was certainly habitually drinking of a weekend as a "thank **** the week's over" kind of thing.

It was always a good way of relaxing. I also find that drinking amplifies my feelings as I relax, so I tend to enjoy things like films or games more while I'm drinking. I also talk more as my inhibitions are lowered, so family_furie get a much more relaxed, chatty "dad".

My weekend nights are now pretty much the same as my weekday nights. Try to stay awake until as close to midnight as possible then bed. I watch/play with roughly the same enthusiasm as I did previously. I interact in the same way I do the rest of the week.

I'm not saying it's dull, obviously I'm the height of entertainment at all times :p However, I'm certainly not as "up" during the weekend days now as I was while drinking. I'm not having quite as much "downtime" and I'm finding my boredom threshold (which is low at the best of times) has been reduced to almost nothing.

So the only real difference it has made is that I'm not quite as relaxed or happy as I was previously. Each week is much more of a grind than it was.

I'm not saying this is right and a good thing, but I enjoy drinking. I get a kick from it no differently to riding coasters or playing sports gives people a kick. Drinking doesn't make me a better person (maybe a little more relaxed, but it's not much). Not drinking doesn't make me a better person. It really doesn't have that much effect, only a personal enjoyment has been removed.

Big fat meh to the not drinking thing then :p

I look forward to your master class on enjoying yourself without alcohol then Joey ;)

Will

Strata Poster
furie said:
I look forward to your master class on enjoying yourself without alcohol then Joey ;)
You look forward to it!? I think I'll have to buy it in hardback, since I'm on the side of the fence who seems to have moreorless given up going out in the evening since having to leave the drink behind. But yeah, this is massively off topic and I've taken over topics with this whine before :p

In answer to the question:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbD7GzufOdg[/youtube]

weedjam

Roller Poster
Bosh 10 pills, get so messy you couldn't tell the girl you're in love with from your mother, blaze a spliff in the middle of a club as a huge drop goes down, chat to strangers (you will see these people again and again... trust me), chat to the people you run into, bum smokes, cane fags in one drag, down cans of red bull, go crazy for hours and then burn out just as you have to start trekking home...

that morning spliff is heaven