What's new

Your type of Nightlife.

Your favourite type of nightlife?

• Painting the town red (Night Clubbing/Raves).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Having a nice social down the pub.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A bit of both, it depends on my mood.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None. I sit in my house like a hermit crab.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't go out anywhere near as much as I used to, due to the fact that Wrexham is proper s**t. When I lived in Seoul and Tokyo I'd be out every Friday and Saturday nights until ridiculous times in the morning. There's not so many big clubs there (well, there are, but I'd rarely go to those) more like bars with dance floors, but I actually liked that.

These days it's a night out every 2-3 weeks, and that will be in either Manchester, Birmingham or London usually. That's unless I'm on holiday; then I'll go out a lot more, as in most nights to be honest.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Since turning 18, I've been out every weekend. I tend to alternate between clubbing and going to the pub for a quiet one with the mates, but both are great. Clubbing is great when you have a lot of energy (and a LOT of money), but the pub is just great for a godo talk about the wrongdoings of Che Guevara and discussion of what will come up i the budget and how it'll affect football.

This weekend, however, I am more than likely going to go to the pub as I'm skint and not in need of females wearing minimal clothing.

thx

Mega Poster
I enjoy clubbing more, in the studentcity I live in (40'000 students,~150'000 people total) there is a studenthouse (13 in total) hosting a clubnight for all days of the week, except sun-monday, so I go to atleast one of them each week, most of the time twice. Having said that, most of their music and and decor aren't really on the same level than some non-student places and usually they close at 01, which is ridiculous, yet the prices are like 25-50% cheaper in them, so oh well. I also really enjoy going to gigs, well mostly dj-gigs/raves running late, but since Stockholm isn't that good for them (Helsinki is far better) I haven't been since Christmas times (well, if you don't count Energy 2011 in NL).

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
If I'm going out with friends then a night down the pub is always fun. That said, I'm far more of a clubber than a pub person. The nightlife near me is unbelievably crap, so I'll usually end up going out in Manchester around one weekend a month or so.

Regulars at The Venue know me as "crazy dancing guy" for a reason...

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I don't go out that much anymore, but when I do, I go to a dance-café overhere in Lier, Belgium.

Lier is pretty well known city with a nightlife, having 4 clubs, which is alot for a little city with about 33.000 people. I used to visit clubs, like La Rocca in Lier and D-Club 5http://www.d-club.be in Antwerp. But I prefer what we in Belgium call 'dance-café's'. It's like a normal café/pub during weekdays and during the day in weekends, but somewhere around 9PM, there is a DJ and all kinds of music. Places I usually visit is Café Fagoempel in Lier. A long time ago, we used to hang out there and drink beers till 4 AM and afterwards we went to a club which was a couple of minutes away from the café!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If I go out, I go to the bars. We like to say we are a drinking town with a college problem. Last week we had "Fake Patty's Day" and there were over 500 tickets issued by midnight. Really though, I'm not a big drinker anymore. I used to drink a lot, get pretty ****ty, have a good time and be the life of the party, but since I have pretty much settled down, I have no reason to go out. When I have friends come out to visit, thats when I go balls to the walls. Most fly out from Cali, so they are looking for a good time and to see the "local talent" and me being the native, I point out the easy ones, pretty easy to pick out lol.

Most every other weekend though, I either have friends over and we play board games, go to the movies, stuff like that. I work weekends and I don't like going into work hungover. It's hell.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
tomahawKSU said:
If I go out, I go to the bars. We like to say we are a drinking town with a college problem. Last week we had "Fake Patty's Day" and there were over 500 tickets issued by midnight.
What's 'Patty's Day'?

Patrick

Hyper Poster
A laid back night at the pub. I'm not a fan of nightclubs at all, they attract complete idiots and they're too noisy for my taste.

Mike

Giga Poster
I thought Paddy was the British/Irish nickname for Patrick (Paddy McGuinness, Paddy Kenny...etc...). Patty is a girls name...

My type of nightlife?
I quite like owls I guess, but I'm not really that much of a wildlife expert to be honest, despite being quite a big fan of David Attenborough and Springwatch!

Lofty

CF Legend
Mike said:
I thought Paddy was the British/Irish nickname for Patrick (Paddy McGuinness, Paddy Kenny...etc...). Patty is a girls name...

My type of nightlife?
I quite like owls I guess, but I'm not really that much of a wildlife expert to be honest, despite being quite a big fan of David Attenborough and Springwatch!

Yeah, Paddy is the English/Irish version and abbreviated version of Patrick.

Wow, the second but was, odd? The only animals I see on a night out are people having sex in bushes and vomiting on themselves. Not actual animals.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
A usual Saturday night involves pre-drinks at a mates or mine, move onto some bars, and hit the clubs before they start charging for entry.

I have been to a few raves, they have been awesome, especially one I went to in Spain, but they really screw you over for the next few days depending on what you took part in on the night...

I'm fortunate to have a pretty diverse and hectic social life where I'll be doing something different each week, but ultimately, it will result in being wasted one way or the other, good timessss