What's new

Your Theme Park Job

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Same here. Either that or a designer for a different park. Layout, Story, Theme and theming, all of that. Would be a ton of fun.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Imagineer for sure. I have the art skills but lack the originality of ideas though....

Maybe something in PR and advertising, but for a company like Merlin instead of Disney. I'd rather focus on campaigns aimed at thrill seekers than at families all the time.

Slash

Giga Poster
I'd want to be an imagineer, not necessarily Disney (yes they are called that in other places too).

I'd love to be designing rides and coasters and designing the themeing. It'd just be my dream job.

Ride Op would be nice as well as im quite outgoing and can deal with insufferable people, I like being face to face with the public. But you'd wonder, how would you say to a fat person "I'm sorry but the front row seats dont fit you, could you kindly go to row three please" I'd dread doing it.

Error, have you ever had that problem, ever had to jump on the restraints for a fatty?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
You didn't ask me, but 'technically' we weren't allowed to push on a guest's restraint.

That doesn't mean we might not lean against one every now and then, though.
;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to be Director of Design & Engineering for Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Universal or Busch Gardens Entertainment, but not Disney. Working on new rides/coasters & being a liaison between a major park chain & ride manufacturers would be great, but I prefer to work on thrill rides & that would rule Disney out. Plus working for a chain rather than a park would keep me busy & provide plenty of travel opportunities.

Mark

Strata Poster
Sort of further on from the Imagineering (because it does cover so many fields) I would want to be involved specifically in the storytelling aspect of the rides and attractions. The concept and how it will work and what you do to make it convincing. For instance Tower of Terror, FOR ME is one of the best examples of how a consistent, well thought out, well implemented story translates into a fantastic ride. The concept and story is what takes it from being a drop tower attraction into a whole other world of ride experience.

I would love to be involved in that process and to a degree, I already do that as a bit of a hobby, so as a job it would be the ultimate dream come true. I guess it is my creative nature and my history in performing arts that lends itself well to it, because of the whole entertainment developed into a ride aspect.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I would like to be a ride op and could see myself doing this in the future.

But my dream job would be designing coasters, more so in the layout etc.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I'd love to be a Disney Imagineer, just because you have input into creating some of the worlds most special rides.

Either that or be a ride mechanic, getting to know the ride, and being technical and all that :p

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
First of all, what I HAVE worked:
Ride Operations - Rebel Yell (Kings Dominion)
Food service - Frontierland (WDW - Magic Kingdom)
Merchandise - current job, will not tell (don't want too many questions)

What I would LIKE to do:
Ride Operations - Manta (SeaWorld Orlando)

I would like a position somewhere between manager and regular hourly. I would want a job of some importance but not have all the responsibility dropped on my head.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I used to work at Alton Towers, really enjoyed my time there and I do miss working there sometimes, but I do wish I had of worked on a thrill ride.

Guests can be annoying and so can the people you work with, but overall its an enjoyable job.

It does get repeative, especially if your on the same ride for 5 days in a row, like I was last year during the summer, I was on RMT platform 5 days in a row and it got very boring, but if you get trained up on a few rides and get moved around a bit, then its fine, its just when you are stuck on the same ride for a full week without a change that it can get boring.

To answer the question of the topic, I wouldnt mind workin as a ride op/host again if I ever get the chance.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
SO want to be an imagineer, focusing mainly on layout rather that other aspects. Just to be able to play around on a designing tool like no limits and think 'that's gonna be real soon' would be awesome.

And to ride the ride that I thought up. And to ride next to the general public and say I designed this ride. And to add in too many airtime hills onto everything.

In fact I want it so much I'm planning on becoming an angineer, and if I cant get into anything theme parky, I'll go into any other area of leisure engineering.

I do have some good ride story themes though, if anyones interested in hearing them.