What's new

Your Most Ridden Manufacturers... and other goony stats

Will

Strata Poster
Ironically, the ride order and milestones is one place where my list falls down, and deciding what to do with relocations was also an issue - a lot is just a raw data export from coaster-count.com though.
As good a website as coaster-count is, I do miss the features coasterfanatics had; especially the calendar - roughly 10 years ago, it looked like this, albeit horribly dated! https://web.archive.org/web/2007060...om:80/sec_members/member_detail.asp?id=100399

The ride order on coaster-count only works if you add them in the correct order, and although I've managed to put a date next to the vast majority of my list, knowing what order I rode things at EP 9 years ago (for example) is... just not practical.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I can't believe the extreme levels of goonyness I'm witnessing in this thread. Exploded 3D pie charts separating coasters by manufacturer? I mean, like, wow. Speechless.
And what the fook is an MFR pivot table when it's at home?

I have to do these things the old fashioned way - manually go through the manufacturer lists on RCDB and tally up the ones I been on.
Up until a few weeks ago, B&M was the clear winner with 32, followed by Vekoma on 30. However, Waliplopsterix ruined all that, adding 5 Vekomas to my count while only giving me 1 lousy B&M.
Need some more B&M heavy parks in my life... :(

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Right, pie charts are the worst, so not going to jump on that silly bandwagon. ;)

I've just got a nice clean table in my spreadsheet (essentially just a formatted pivot table), with a conditional format to highlight the top three.

k4hK7yE.png

To address @DelPiero's statement, I think you're possibly right - however in my personal experience, I think Vekoma still pips it. As you can see by this chart, over 60% of my ridden coasters are in the USA (which includes most of the major parks), but Arrow does sit in 4th place behind Intamin. However, it's definitely the USA B&Ms that push them into second place.

jiElLzy.png

So let's break it down by continent to see how that balances out:

jJTDm8G.png

Seems like you're not far off. In Europe it's Vekoma, Mack and Intamin/Zierer that hold the top three spots, but in North America it's B&M, Vekoma and Intamin.

God, I :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing love spreadsheets. <3
How about a column chart?
1.PNG
Or radial chart? :p
2.png
I need to come up with a system that takes into account quality and quantity
I have been pondering how to do this - you can see in my rankings I have crunched some numbers using correlations and statistical regressions, mostly focused on comparison of rankings and ride stats; for the most part, I've found a lot of bell curves in terms of how ride heights, lengths, and inversion counts are distributed. Still toying around with this. :) A next step too would be numbering out inversion types... but I'l save that for a very, very boring, rainy day. :p

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I avoid pivot tables by doing it the old-fashioned way with multiple manufacturer tabs. I then have a total tab which links back to each manufacturer tab.
That way, I can look at what I've got left to ride for each manufacturer (sometimes it's a bit out of date because I have to keep adding new coasters every now and then).

WjMxX7W.png

t6Eecfm.png

Will

Strata Poster
A couple of people's comments in the A-Z coasters topic inspired this list...
That, and the fact that I'm really bored this evening.

S 52
C 45
R 42
B 41
T 38
M 30
D 27
V 23
F 21
G 21
K 20
W 19
P 15
L 14
A 13
H 12
N 10
O 9
J 8
I 6
E 4
U 3
Z 2
Q 1
Y 0

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
A couple of people's comments in the A-Z coasters topic inspired this list...
That, and the fact that I'm really bored this evening.

S 52
C 45
R 42
B 41
T 38
M 30
D 27
V 23
F 21
G 21
K 20
W 19
P 15
L 14
A 13
H 12
N 10
O 9
J 8
I 6
E 4
U 3
Z 2
Q 1
Y 0

It's almost like we're just naming coasters alphabetically...

Will

Strata Poster
Ugh, flashback to that time that a circle of 13 people tried to play the alphabet game and wondered why it wasn't really working... :p

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Up until a few weeks ago, B&M was the clear winner with 32, followed by Vekoma on 30. However, Waliplopsterix ruined all that, adding 5 Vekomas to my count while only giving me 1 lousy B&M.

Aw man, this is getting worse. You know Ghosterforce? 9 - count 'em, NINE new Vekomas added. Booster and Boomer' at Tover', Sh*tehawk, Colorado and Raik at Phantasia, the SLC, SFC and skater at Movie Park and the Boomerang at Walibi.
That makes 9, right?

New B&M's? Only 2. Baron and Mamba. This is bad, I'm adding Vekomas at 5 times the rate of B&M's. My B&M percentage is plummeting, man. Music to the ears of some people, no doubt. :(
I blame you lot. If it wasn't for CoasterForce, I wouldn't have gone to half of these tin-pot little Euro parks and had an amazing time and met loads of cool people. You're very bad.

Anyways, 44 Vekomas vs 35 B&M's. Think I need to get my sorry ass over to 'Murica.

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
It's inevitable. You can't fight Vekoma.
You aren't helping yourself by including the wrong things though.

Now I've chronologicalised everything, I can pinpoint the moment they got me:

Mack were the first company I experienced twice.
Maurer took the crown in 2007.
B&M had it for a couple of glorious months in 2009, then tied with Mack and Zierer the same year.
Intamin made it a four-way tie in 2010.
B&M took it again early 2012. Mack caught up with them again by the end of that year.
Mack and Zierer overtook together in 2013.
Mack pulled ahead in 2014.

I was finally consumed by Vekoma in 2015 and it's all Disney's fault apparently.

Isn't this fun.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
That isn't a Vekoma. :p

Somebody told me it was, might have been @Sandman on the day. My bad for not checking.
But at least that's one less. 44 then. Woo hoo! :D
Got a trip to 'Murica lined up for next year which could potentially put B&M back in front with 11 of the things, but in order to do that I'd have to actively avoid riding any Vekomas en route.
Might be worth it! :D

Will

Strata Poster
^
Let's face it, we've all long since surrendered to quantity over quality, which is no real crime as long as we still enjoy it ;)

Will

Strata Poster
It's my topic and I'll double-post if I want to, double-post if I want to...

Work was slow yesterday:
So I worked out the optimum number of inversions - and which manufacturer makes the best (and worst!) inverting coasters!
graph1.jpg graph2.jpg

I'm sure work could have found a more productive use for me being in the mood to play with Excel...

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
How did 6 win? That's the boomerang category.
I only included 1 of each type of ride to try and recreate it, so the 6s and 5s arent dragged down by quantity of Boomerangs and SLCs.

7 still wins for me cos Helix. Average rating of 14.33/20.

I'll have to work on manufacturer. Those 2 sets of data aren't in the same spreadsheet.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Loving all the ways people are displaying their cred data. I don't have any fancy infographics, but I do have a list:

Vekoma 74
B&M 46
Mack Rides 45
Intamin 41
Unknown 40
Zierer 33
Arrow Dynamics 31
Pinfari 29
Zamperla 26
Maurer Rides 23
Gerstlauer 18
SBF Visa Group 17