I have a few more of my most uncommon opinions to contribute:
- I preferred Galactica at Alton Towers to Manta at SeaWorld Orlando as far as B&M flyers go. I'd also say Manta was my least favourite SeaWorld Orlando B&M. Agrreed
- The Swarm is my favourite Thorpe Park coaster.
- Icon is my favourite UK coaster.
- I prefer Wicker Man to Megafobia, even excluding the theming. Although this one could well change soon, as I'm riding Megafobia again on Sunday...
- Flight of Passage is overrated.
- I prefer Universal theme parks to Disney theme parks, from having visited both companies' Florida resorts.
- Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is my favourite drop tower, ahead of things like Falcon's Fury, Apocalypse and Detonator.
- Epcot is my 2nd favourite WDW park behind Animal Kingdom.
- Nickelodeon Streak is my favourite Blackpool Pleasure Beach wooden coaster.
- Saw: The Ride at Thorpe Park is rough.
Flight of Passage is good but is only rated so highly because of the typical demographic of customers who attend Disney parks. The majority of them would not even entertain a ride on a Hulk or Mako which are clearly better rides and you won't have to wait half of your bloody holiday to get on the thing!!Wow @Expedition Coaster! Some of those really are uncommon, and I'd be intrigued to know why you think some of them! In particular:
Of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and the phrase "each to their own" comes to mind, but I was merely interested as to why you have some of your opinions.
- What makes you prefer Icon to Taron?
- How come no AT coasters besides Nemesis make your UK top 10?
- What makes you prefer El Condor to The Smiler?
Now, about time I gave some of my own, and I've actually thought of some properly uncommon ones:
- Wing Coasters are one of my favourite B&M models; probably 2nd to the Hyper Coaster.
- The Swarm is my favourite Thorpe Park coaster, and I personally feel it's almost on par with Nemesis.
- Stealth is not in my UK top 5.
- I prefer Thirteen to Expedition Everest.
- I prefer Galactica to Manta (at SeaWorld Orlando).
- Nickelodeon Streak is my 2nd favourite coaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach behind Icon.
- I prefer Gringotts to Forbidden Journey, and I'd probably say I prefer Spider-Man to both of those.
- Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios is my favourite drop tower.
- I preferred Treetops to Speed at Oakwood.
- Flight of Passage, while a very good ride, was somewhat underwhelming for me and isn't in either my top 3 WDW rides or my top 3 dark rides.
Disneyland Paris castle park is better then Magic Kingdom. It is for more beautiful, it is less crowded , there are hardly any mobility scooters with the obese rushing around on and it has better versions of the majority of the duplicated rides. The only thing MK wins on is snack options.I just thought of a somewhat controversial opinion of mine; even though all of their parks provide immensely enjoyable experiences, I personally feel that Disney as a whole is somewhat overrated. Now don't get me wrong, the theming is fantastic for the most part and there are some brilliant rides within their parks. However, when I properly got to experience their parks for myself in April 2019 (I visited Animal Kingdom in 2014, but Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios were all new to me), I must admit that I was somewhat underwhelmed with a few things. Particular ones that stick out in my mind include Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage and Magic Kingdom as an overall park.
On the flip side of this, I suppose Disney did have quite a few positive surprises, but in the whole, I don't seem to rate Disney parks quite as highly as many. Most people seem to see Disney as the holy grail of theme parks, whereas I prefer the Universal resort within Orlando alone to any of WDW's theme parks, and I also rate Alton Towers & Blackpool Pleasure Beach higher than any Disney park. Don't get me wrong, Disney do some great stuff, but I like their parks less than a lot of people do. Perhaps it's just not really my kind of park experience? Perhaps I haven't seen the greatest that Disney has to offer?
I agree that HRRR is underrated, but favourite coaster in Florida is an interesting one! Why does it rank so high for you, out of interest?
There really isn't that many excuses for Beast, especially when the Voyage over at Holiday World is doing everything that the Beast is doing a lot better than the Beast does.I'm also tired of the constant excuse for Beast, saying how great it is at night. Yeah, it is great at night, but that doesn't excuse it from being trimmed to **** and just boring as hell. If a coaster isn't good in every seat at any time of day, it isn't a good ride. Don't tell me I can only ride something on the third Tuesday of July on leap years in the third row on train 4 in the sixth car. Shut up. It's a bad ride.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I completely agree with the second one, but I unfortunately can't agree with the first one apart from the theming part!•SAW: The Ride is actually a really good ride with excellent theming, a great main drop and a surprising amount of ejector airtime and I have never found it to be as rough as people claim.
•The UK theme park community has become unable to appreciate just how great a park Alton Towers really is.
I mean...the fact of the matter is, Alton Towers gets so much **** talk from the UK coaster community, while despite it not being perfect (and here comes another hot take), it is in my opinion a much better park than most Disney parks are, especially the Magic Kingdom in Florida. It feels even more magical and whimsical than Disney does somehow.I completely agree with the second one, but I unfortunately can't agree with the first one apart from the theming part!
It's just that you go to parks like Efteling, Liseberg, Toverland, Phantasialand, Europa Park, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City, etc, and you feel like the parks are actually cared about. Alton is seeing relatively weak investment, awful operating hours, rising ticket and food prices, all round decreasing quality and all-in-all just a feeling of lack of love.I mean...the fact of the matter is, Alton Towers gets so much **** talk from the UK coaster community, while despite it not being perfect (and here comes another hot take), it is in my opinion a much better park than most Disney parks are, especially the Magic Kingdom in Florida. It feels even more magical and whimsical than Disney does somehow.