What's new

Youngster Joey's Wonderland

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
All right guys it's finally time for the report. I'd like to get a few things out of the way.

1st) I may switch randomly between ride names from when it was paramount's park to it's current names now that it's Cedar Fair. (Basically 1 ride may be it's current name while another may be called by it's paramount name)

2nd) I apologize if it's a little vague i'm not the best with adjectives

3rd) All Photo's are courtesy of my Dad and Sister

4th) Coasters not ridden: The Fly, The Bat, Silver Streak, Taxi Jam.
Now that that's out of the way the trip report.

7518690376_d2cef59038.jpg

Having decided to get the Fast lane for a couple of reasons (The main 2 being that 1) my mom doesn't ride so we didn't want her waiting for hours and 2) It was Canada day so it was PACKED) we agreed to ride the coasters that didn't have fast lane first.

First up was Time Warp. This was my dad and I's first flying coaster. My sister rode Batwing at SFAmerica so it wasn't hers. It's really a weird feeling to ride your first flyer. The ride is really just average. Nothing special nothing awful. I'd give time warp a 5.5/10 My dad on the other hand didn't like it. He has a bum knee and it just put to much pressure on his knee the way he was locked into the restraint. My sister also did not like it. Her description "Uncomfortable. Not fun. Jerky. Batwing > Time Warp"

After time warp we went to ride Skyrider but it wasn't open yet so we decided to ride Might Canadian Minebuster and hope it would be open when we were done

MCMb was an ok woody. Pretty smooth but not much airtime. I'd again say it was average. 5.5/10 The rest of my family who rode did not like it. They thought it was rough (lol). They really aren't huge fans of woody's.

After MCMb Skyrider still wasn't open so we decided to go to Thunder Run next. We waited for around 25 minutes and decided to take some pictures while we waited

7518738934_0ac33b9db2.jpg

Dad and Sister
7518736250_465693064c.jpg

Sister and I
7518735338_e5d6fbd276.jpg

Sister and I on ride

Thunder run was much how I remembered it. Smooth and fun, but nothing special. I'd give it a 6.5/10 The other riders agreed though they didn't like it was the same thing twice.

After that I went alone to ride Dragon Fire. OW my head still hurts a little bit from that and top gun(which we will get into later) It's an arrow looper and one of the more painful ones I've ridden. For reference not as painful as Anaconda at KD. I'd give it a 3/10

After Dragon Fire we stopped and got a snack. It was expensive park food. not really much to report on it.

After that we decided to go back to see if Skyrider was open as it was the last coaster we wanted to do not on the fast lane but made a pit stop at the falls to take a picture

7518734552_e55f5f43f5.jpg

Luckily when we got there it was open. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was my first Stand-up coaster not to mention it's made by Togo. Luckily my fears were unfounded for a surprisingly smooth and fun ride. It was definitely one of the best rides there. 8.5/10 The other riders agreed with me and thought it was the 3rd or 4th best ride coaster there.

After that we went to ride the one ride my mom really wanted to ride. The rapids. If there was one thing I learned at my many trip's to WDW is that my mom is a water magnet. I tried desperately to sit on the other side of the boat but I ended up next to her. :cry: Let's just say I was as wet as I was after Roman Rapids at the US live. My sneakers are still wet. Fun and wet. 8/10

That's it for now guys. Will update with the rest of the trip tomorrow. I hope your enjoying it and I apologize. It's my first trip report.

davidm

Strata Poster
Hey ; image problems ; you are embedding the wrong flickr link ; you are embedding the link to the photo page rather than the image itself.

So you have;

[ i m g ]http://www.flickr.com/photos/82092130@N06/7518690376/in/photostream[ / i m g ]

but you should have;

[ i m g ]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7106/7518690376_d2cef59038.jpg[ / i m g ]

So you get;

7518690376_d2cef59038.jpg

etc.

You get the correct link from flickr by clicking the "Share" button and then it is in the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" - you want to select the BBCode and a 'Medium' size and then you can just cut/paste the text flickr gives you.

Hope to see the rest of the pics! :)

Good report so far. I have to disagree about Dragon Fire though; I honestly think it's one of the smoother Arrow loopers! I also enjoy Minebuster, as it's one of the few rides in the park I like to reride a few times when I visit, but it IS rough in some seats apparently, though I've yet to experience it.

Looking forward to the rest.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Honestly I hadn't eaten breakfast so I pretty grayed out from the drop to the brake run. That's why we ate after Dragon Fire. I rode it again later and that's what I posted as my opinion.

We also Walked on Minebuster and were the only ones in the train. I rode front and my dad and sister rode behind me. I really thought it would give airtime and I just didn't find any. Shame Really.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I like it so far I want to do one for when I go to Hershey in August. You are so lucky that you have family that likes coasters nobody in my family does. The only reason I go to Hershey is because my uncle likes the drive and the atmosphere and I usually have to bring my best friend if I want someone to ride coasters with. Nice job so far and I look forward to the rest. :--D

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
And We're back.

After the rapids ride we decided it was time for lunch and a Show. So we grabbed some lunch and sat down to watch the Show.

Here's the Show in a nutshell

7518728890_2ca008e3f8.jpg

7518723554_8ebe3af1bc.jpg

7518717814_718f3f77d5.jpg

After that we decided we were 5 feet from Leviathan so It was time.

7518715040_986aee400e.jpg

This particular ride we ended up in the second row. Not the best row but the family didn't want to wait for the front or back.

Leviathan Was by far the best coaster in the park. The lift hill is long enough to build up anticipation but not so long to become boring. The first drop gives great airtime the whole way down (especially in the back). The great mix of height and speed as well as airtime, both ejector and floater, gives a great ride.

It's a 9.25/10

The other riders loved it as well both feeling it was also the best coaster in the park.

Leviathan <3

From Leviathan we decided to walk another 5 feet to ride the Drop Tower

7518713348_7f96a46a5b.jpg

Having only done 2 drop towers including this one I can Definitely say it's WAY better than Mach Tower.

All in all I'd give the ride an 8/10

After This We (sister and I, dad wasn't feeling well at this point. Buldging Disc's suck) rode there other woody Wild Beast. This woody was definitely rougher then MCMb but it was no where near the roughest woody had some really great pop's of airtime over the hills.

We rode in the front row. I really enjoyed the ride but word of warning. If you don't want to get hit in the head don't put your hands up. I learned this one the hard way. (I totally elbowed my sister in the temple :lol: ) She was not happy but got over it. Overall I'd give Wild beast a 7/10

After Wild Beast we went over to the kiddie land to ride the Scooby-doo's Boo Blasters but the wait was an hour so I just went over to ride the Ghoster Coaster instead. I ended up boarding the train in 5 minutes and then sat in the station for 10 minutes. REALLY wide lady trying to ride with her son. It took 4 park employee's to pull her sealtbelt across her. When we finally got to the ride It was just what I expected. It's a fun little coaster and nothing special. 6.5/10

After this we moved on to the other god awful coaster in the park top gun (the SLC) This ride was the WORST SLC I'VE EVER RIDDEN. However to go along with that goes a little story. So my I was having issues with head banging but after the first inversion i realized if i put my ear on the restraints and press it down to keep it there the head banging stopped. As we hit the brake run my sister turns to me and says after the first inversion she realized if she pressed her ear to the restraint the head banging stopped. 1/10

7518708678_e3a26ecfbe.jpg

Also Words of wisdom.

If you have any kind of earring's or head-ware take it off before riding. It's that rough.

At this point in the day it was getting hot and we were tired. We made our way to the last 3 coasters.

First was Behemoth. This was the only other ride my dad did and he really was glad he did. He loves B&M Hypers and frankly so do I. It was my 3rd favorite ride in the park. 8.5/10

7518704310_8c73963e9a.jpg

After Behemoth was Backlot Stunt Coaster. The effects were not on and which was extremely noticeable having ridden the KD clone a month before. 4/10

After BLSC we saw another show and made are way to the last ride coaster to ride.

Vortex. An arrow suspended coaster. The ride was extemely smooth and just pure fun. This was my 3rd favorite coaster there favorite coaster there. 8.5/10

7518694388_05bb4591e0.jpg

After that the rest of the family wanted to see one last show and then head out. I wanted to ride Leviathan again so in the 25 minutes they watched the show I whored Leviathan. Got in 4 rides including 1 in the front and one in the back.

I still can't decide what my favorite seat is. The Back gives a stronger airtime over the lift hill but the front gives an increased feeling of speed. All in all I'd say Front Right and Back Right are the best seats on the ride.

All in all it was a great day and I hope you enjoyed my first trip report despite it being lackluster.

I'll leave you off with some pictures.

7518711028_d89a39251d.jpg

7518737918_12d6a0c299.jpg

7518737098_22003731e3.jpg

7518706092_948c671aba.jpg

7518688280_b629dc2706.jpg

I was WAITING for Snoo to say that hahaha. So predictable!

If you have any kind of earring's or head-ware take it off before riding. It's that rough.

Yes. It is. My neck behind my ear started bleeding once because I didn't take my earrings out. I have no idea why I've ridden than thing more than once!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^was. She had her last meet in April. Either way I knew it was coming sooner or later. I also found it interesting that of you did reap my trip report that's what you decide to comment on lol.

Also to any e who read the whole thing was the writing awful or was it understandable? (first trip report feedback will help on future trip reports)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I wasn't going to be the one who said something about your sister...first.

I truly am jealous your family likes coasters enough for you to take trips to go on them. Doesn't work that way for most people. I really would like to get to the pretend land of Canadia to ride Leviathan. Looks amazing.

Snoo

The Legend
Youngster Joey said:
^was. She had her last meet in April. Either way I knew it was coming sooner or later. I also found it interesting that of you did reap my trip report that's what you decide to comment on lol.

Also to any e who read the whole thing was the writing awful or was it understandable? (first trip report feedback will help on future trip reports)

Well you need to think about who you're thinking about. ;)

And I found it fine. Just don't screw up the photos next time.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Well I've never done it before but it was fine after I learned how. About to board my flight to Spain. Goodbye Canada it's been a long 5 hours

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
I wasn't going to be the one who said something about your sister...first.

I truly am jealous your family likes coasters enough for you to take trips to go on them. Doesn't work that way for most people. I really would like to get to the pretend land of Canadia to ride Leviathan. Looks amazing.

Well we didn't go to toronto for wonderland. We were going to an Israeli dance weekend in Toronto and I said hey can we go to wonderland an after much debate they agreed. I'm just lucky enough to have parents willing to add a park day for me.

Also sister just saw the trip report and read the comments lol