What's new

Youngster Joey's Wonderland (Pre-visit)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Hey guys, I'll be heading to Canada's Wonderland on Monday and I plan to do a Trip Report but I'd like to give you all some background information on the participants

Youngster Joey (me)
Favorite (or favourite since I'm in Canada) Coaster: Taxi Jam (or you know Phoenix)
Will Ride: Everything

My Father (will be referred to as either dad or old fart from here on out)
Favorite Coaster: Apollo's Chariot
Will Ride: Everything (although he is not a huge fan of inverts. SLC's especially)

My Sister (sis)
Favorite Coaster: She doesn't really have a personal favorite/care enough to figure it out
Will Ride: EVERYTHING

My Mom (mom)
Favorite Coaster: :lol:
Will Ride: pretty much only rapids and Bumper cars (unless we're at Disney)

We decided to get the Fast Lane to make sure we get through everything and had the option to re-ride Leviathan.

That's really it for now. Feel free to comment on here and ask any questions if you want clarification.

I'll update this on Wednesday when I get home if not a little bit sooner

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Awww my mum will go on anything that is under 200ft, but she did cry on Saw: The Ride, bless her.
Hope you have a good time.

^ Wow, what hotel are you at?! I have to stay like 20-30 minutes away from the park if I want to find anything under $150/night haha.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Just got back from the park, it was a great day. 2 of the coasters hit my top 10 and I whore'd Leviathan. Will update with full details tomorrow night or Wednesday.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
4th of July things have gotten in the way of the report I'll try to finish this as fast as possible. It should be done by Friday.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
How was Leviathan (and to anyone who has ridden it)?

I'm sure it's awesome but I just really don't like the layout, looks like it doesn't "do much" and lacks airtime but I may totally wrong. haha

^ It's amazing, and it doesn't lack airtime at all. I thought the same thing before I rode it, but that thing has some killer airtime, especially on the speed hill. It's in my top ten, and in everyone's top ten who has been on it from CF, so it seems like a pretty consistent opinion! It has a good mix of speed, height, and airtime, and completely crushes MF/I-305 as far as quality is concerned.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ It's amazing, and it doesn't lack airtime at all. I thought the same thing before I rode it, but that thing has some killer airtime, especially on the speed hill. It's in my top ten, and in everyone's top ten who has been on it from CF, so it seems like a pretty consistent opinion! It has a good mix of speed, height, and airtime, and completely crushes MF/I-305 as far as quality is concerned.

Well that's why I was curious...it is indeed highly rated (and the CFers know their stuff) but the layout looks so blah. Well, glad I'm wrong and glad it packs some punch, especially in the air department.
Guess that's why you can't judge until you ride!