What's new

You cahn get theyah from heeah

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
For those of you that can't see my facebook timeline but might have noticed my constantly increasing coaster count I though I'd let you know what I'm up to. I don't know exactly when I'll be able to begin to post the actual trip report, but I will answer any questions you might have about these parks I've visited so far & those that are yet to come ASAP.

So here's where I've been so far on this trip across America & back again:
July 2nd -
Six Flags Great Adventure, Playland's Castaway Cove & Gillian's Wonderland Pier (both Jersey Shore)
July 3rd -
Adventureland (Farmingdale, Long Island)
July 4th -
NYC fireworks
July 5th -
Luna Park & Scream Zone (Coney Island)
July 6th -
Morey's Piers (Jersey Shore)
July 7th -
Six Flags New England, Quassy & Lake Compounce
July 8th -
Dorney Park & Hersheypark
July 9th -
Idlewild, Kennywood, Conneaut Lake & Waldameer
July 10th -
Cedar Point
July 11th -
Jumping Jacks Landing (in the Columbus Zoo) & Kings Island
July 12th -
Kings Island, Coney Island & Stricker's Grove (both near Cincinnati, Ohio)
July 13th -
Holiday World
July 14th -
St. Louis Arch
July 15th -
Six Flags St. Louis
July 16th -
Little Amerricka (Marshall, Wisconsin), Mt Olympus & Arnolds Park (Iowa)
July 17th -
Adventureland of America (Altoona, Iowa) & Fun-Plex (Omaha, Nebraska)
July 18th -
Elitch Gardens & Lakeside Amusement Park (Denver, Colorado)
July 19th -
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park (Glenwood Springs, Colorado)
July 20th -
Lagoon Amusement Park (Farmington, Utah)
July 21st -
Park City Ski Resort, Utah (alpine coaster)
July 22nd -
Silverwood (Athol, Idaho)
July 23rd -
Wild Waves (near Seattle, Washington)
July 24th -
Oaks Amusement Park & Enchanted Forest (both near Portland, Oregon)

So far I've driven exactly 6325 miles in 133:15 hours, with another 280 miles (4 hours) to go tomorrow to get to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Tomorrow & July 26th -
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
July 27th -
California's Great America
July 28th -
Gilroy Gardens & Santa Cruz Boardwalk

On July 29th I'll drive to Los Angeles & fly home for a week for a family reunion, then fly back to Los Angeles.
While in LA I'll hit up Six Flags Magic Mountain, Universal Studios Hollywood, Disney, Adventure City (Anaheim), Scandia Amusement Park (Ontario) & Castle Amusement Park (Riverside).
Then I'll head south to Legoland California, Belmont Park, SeaWorld San Diego & Mundo Divertido (Tijuana, Mexico).

After that I'll start to head back east:
Arizona -
Castles n' Coasters & Schnepf Farms (both near Phoenix)
New Mexico -
Cliff's Amusement Park (Albuquerque)
Texas -
Wonderland Amusement Park (Amarillo), Joyland Amusement Park (Lubbock), Kemah Boardwalk & Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
Louisiana -
Dixie Landin' (Baton Rouge)
Alabama -
Waterville USA (Gulf Shores)
Arkansas:-
Magic Springs & Crystal Falls (Hot Springs)
Georgia -
Lake Winnepesaukah (Rossville)
West Virginia -
Camden Park (Huntington)
Maryland -
Adventure Park (New Market), Jolly Roger Amusement Park, Jolly Roger at the Pier & Trimper's Rides (all Ocean City)
Maine -
Funtown Splashtown USA (Saco) & Palace Playland (Old Orchard Beach)
New Hampshire -
Story Land (Glen), Santa's Village (Jefferson), Attitash (Bartlett, alpine coaster) & Mt. Cranmore (North Conway, alpine coaster)
Quebec, Canada -
Granby Zoo & La Ronde
New York -
Sylvan Beach Amusement Park

That should do it. If I'm missing anything along the way please let me know so that I can try to squeeze it in. The obvious omissions (like the big Texas parks, etc.) are because I've already done them. Also any suggestions for good eats at/near any of these parks would also be appreciated.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Slaters 50/50 has 3 locations in Cali, Huntington Beach, San Diego, and Anaheim, you must hit one of them up, as they are gaining national recognition very quickly. The Anaheim location is basically in between Adventure City and Castle Amusement Park on the 91 East in between the Imperial Hwy and Yorba Linda Blvd. off ramps. The San Diego one I'm not too sure where it is, or Huntington Beach, but Anaheim or San Diego locations are convenient. Too bad you are leaving So Cal the 29, they have the "Merica Burger" which is 100% ground bacon patty, bacon infused cheddar cheese, bacon infused thousand island, and bacon strips. Yet it won't be available after the 31. They also have great beer selections, but you may end up with a bit of a wait to get in as they are constantly busy.

Oh, and I am extremely jealous that you can do this trip, it sounds like an absolute blast!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I'll be back in LA around Aug. 9th, so we'll be able to chow down on a "Merica Burger" together when I return. I still don't know the exact date when I'm flying home or when I'll be at which park, but send me a PM with your cell number so we can discuss possibly getting together before I return as well.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Lol, absolutely epic! Be aware, when me and AJ stopped by Adventure City in Anaheim the Treetop Coaster looked out for the count for a WHILE, the track was all rusted and gross and the trains were nowhere to be seen! The people were really friendly though =]

I feel like you should have one of those shows, like Man vs. Food but with creds haha!

You've driven over 60,000 miles?! Or was that a typo.

Really gutted I couldn't go on this trip haha, seems pretty epic and tiring all at the same time, but you're hitting up some really obscure parks and getting a lot of creds, which is pretty awesome :D . I expect it must get kind of lonely going by yourself though, not sure if I'd be able to handle all that time solo :(

My only suggestion is not going to La Ronde, because it's gross. Hopefully you don't hit it on a 115 degree day though.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It was a typo & corrected now. I really like doing it alone as I can go at my own pace & do exactly what I want to do when I want to do it. No compromises whatsoever. Plus I can spend as much time filming/taking photos without feeling guilty of boring someone else to death. :wink:

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Holy %&#$..........one month straight of parks. Do you feel at all like you are veering away from normal life. Is it hard for you to get back into normal life after doing something of this magnitude?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^^Not bored of them yet.

^I'll let you know when it's over, but this is getting to be normal life for me. :wink: