What's new

Yorkshire Tripper VI Trip reports.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Are we angry about bird land? Have we been beaten into the ultimate submission? Let's find out :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Surprise ERT on The Ultimate , fab raptor attack and other stuff. Had a fab day at LWV. More to come.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Karen

Hyper Poster
Had a great time at Lightwater especially watching Mushroom and IAN bungy jumping :D

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I think this sums up my weekend...

1185492_10151880400662780_1276831456_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You wanted to leap off a tall structure?

Just found a rock in my bag. Bunch of burdens :lol:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I'm the only person who enjoys Mumbo Jumbo. It's not the best coaster - it's mediocre as are all of Flamingoland's rides - but I don't find it vile like Hero. I even enjoy the hang time, which is odd cus I don't care for it normally. Twistersaurus wasn't too bad...just mediocre.

Anyway, LVW was great fun. Never seen the park so busy before but I think we managed to get everything done. Would have liked to faffed about on the Skate Karts but it was either that or Ultimate ERT. The bungee jump was incredible. The airtime sensation was so floaty...better than any coaster I've ever been on. I want to do a higher one now.

Flaimgoland was as I expected. Most of the rides were poorly operated, although there were exceptions. Queues were long. Even had to wait 30mins to get served at dinner time! Yes, I know, last weekend in school holidays, so I should expect that, but it would be better if the staff were more on the ball, getting people batched would be the best way forward. Quite annoyed about Vadge not turning up seeing as it was moved for her. Meh, CF kept me sane that day.

Lovely as always to see CFers, have a laugh, ride some coasters and faff about. I hope everybody else had a good time (despite Flamingoland) and thank you for attending <3

Mike

Giga Poster
Thanks everyone for another great weekend and a huge thanks to Sue for some last-minute arrangements! :)

Quick few highlights of the trip:
- The Cycle of Water song, to the tune of Circle of Life.

- Putting on a crap Yorkshire accent all weekend.

- Watching Fraser and Andy eat their VILE-looking chocolate things at Lightwater.

- The hilariously appalling service at the Flamingo Land Diner, watching the waiter clean the same tables over and over when nobody had even sat there!

- Dan getting his 400th cred and proceeding to pull out a Disney Princess Etch-a-Sketch from his bag.

- The utter MONG Sue was forced to talk to in the Mumbo Jumbo queue.

- Amazing Sue and Fraser with my lack of any sort of music knowledge.

- Surprise Ultimate ERT.

- The 20 minutes Eagles Claw cycle and everybody coming off feeling a bit sick.

- The CRAP end-of-day Flamingo Land show.

- Ian and Mushroom doing the bungee, and the amount of rebound Mushroom got back up!

- Going to the Travelodge and having to phone up reception to let us in as the key wasn't working, before realising our hotel was the opposite side of the motorway!

And plenty more!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The best part about Flamingo Land for me is the fact that I wasn't there.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Mike said:
- Dan getting his 400th cred and proceeding to pull out a Disney Princess Etch-a-Sketch from his bag.

That was my present in the xmas "poundshop gift" secret santa thing! (I'd been saving it for this special occasion!!)

Gavin said:
The best part about Flamingo Land for me is the fact that I wasn't there.

So - you love it just as much as chessy then!!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I actually quite like it as a park and they have some decent rides. I prefer it way more than Chessington anyway.

I was just really put off by the **** operations and scumbag staff last time I was there.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Another fun trip. I would have liked to have been able to make LWV too and especially give the bungee a go, but that'll have to wait till next time.

Flamingoland was a good day but felt a bit subdued compared to a normal live (that doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable, just that we were a bit quieter and more controlled than usual as a group.) Flamingoland still manages to disappoint with their "can't be arsed" operations, difficult staff, lackluster rides and a busy park thanks to summer holidays, it was never going to be the best themepark experience. The less said about our lunch the better! I came with the aim to get the 3 new credits and have a fun day with CF, both of which were achieved!

I'm a fan of Mumbo Jumbo Ian! Its by far the best coaster in the park (ok, that's not saying much.) I find it very enjoyable and I love the uniqueness of it. I'd happily sit on it whoring for a while!

I'll probably stick some photos up later this week, although I didn't take many because: Flamingoland!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I have to say that the fish and chips was quite nice - even if it was a bit over battered!

Most burdenous queue would be either kumali or that spinning contraption at flaming-q land (closely followed by the twister at lightwater)

Darren B

Giga Poster
2 new parks for me, everyone had put across their views to me about them both so I had a rough idea as what to expect.

LWV- I really enjoyed the park, it had a wonderful feel to it and was generally a nice relaxing day, there was no rushing around trying to get everything done and the group were in very good spirits.

The coasters...

The Ultimate - I really enjoyed the first ride on this, yes it was painful but extremely enjoyable. The second ride during ERT was vile, I managed to jar my shoulder after the second lift hill so I has to blouse out early, I also found the enjoyment/fun of riding the Ultimate for the first time wasn't there the second time so I really wasn't impressed with it at all. 5/10

Raptor Attack - The best coaster at the park, not exactly thrilling but extremely good fun. The first drop was excellent with massive amounts of ejector! The coaster was also wonderfully themed, slightly disappointed we didn't get to re-ride this one. 6/10

Spinning Wild Mouse - The second best coaster at the park (yup, better than the Ultimate). Just a really fun coaster which fitted in well with the mood of the group. 6/10

There are of course 2 children's coasters, they're just that and nothing else.

We managed plenty of other stuff throughout the day, the kiddie drop tower (which we managed to break) was fun until we **** it, the travelling rapids were great especially as we managed to fill it with myself, Phil, Conor and mushroom, aka the FAT boat!, the afterburner was fab for the first 5 minutes, the following 2 hours of the cycle was vile, and Kudos to mushroom and Ian for doing the bungee. Also a nice addition to the day was having Simon the marketing manager join us through parts of the day, a really pleasant gentleman and clearly a huge asset to the park.

All in all a great day, a really pleasant first experience at LWV. Seeing everyone from CF again was of course the highlight, and it was a pleasure meeting a few for the first time too.

As the day drew to a close me and Ian jumped into my car and headed to Mushrooms to spend the night, this is however where the weekend took a horrific twist, as we drew close to our destination the car we were following entered a head on collision with a motorcyclist, Me and Ian quickly jumped out the car and ran to the Motorcyclist, but sadly as we got to him it was clear that he had died on impact. Thankfully the driver and passengers in the car were all ok. My heart of course goes out to the motorcyclist's family.

After a sleepless night we headed off to Flamingoland for day 2 of the live, I had only heard bad things about the park so wasn't really expecting much, especially as it was going to be an extremely busy day. It wasn't really a CF day to be honest, all the day really consisted of was queues and coasters, there were some laughs to be had in the queue lines though!

So the coasters...

Hero - I really enjoyed this coaster, much to the groups disgust! but I just found it to be really good fun and definitely a great addition to the park. 7/10

Mumbo Jumbo - Awful. Enough said. 3/10

Kumali - The best coaster at the park, a really good layout if not fairly short, The first drop was excellent, and the ride as a whole was extremely smooth in comparison to the the generic SLC clones I've done in the past. 8/10

Velocity - Not exactly a thrilling ride but a solid fun one, it has a smooth launch and a reasonable layout with a few pops of airtime. A very re-rideable coaster. 7/10

Twistosaurus (the donor kebab coaster) - It was a junior spinning coaster, not much to be said about this ride other than its for the younger audience and it spins. Highlight of the coaster was the giant donor meat structure plonked in the middle of the coaster! 4/10

Mine train, Zoooom, Dino coaster - meh.

So my opinion on the park? as a whole I enjoy Flamingoland, yes the operations were crap, the food dire and the coasters average at best but it wasn't as as bad as I expected, and on a quieter day I could actually see myself having a really good day! So yeah.... Not that much hate from me.

So as we said our goodbyes me and Ian jumped in the car for the 200 mile trip home, and reflected on the weekend. From my perspective I had a great weekend with some fab people, and I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Yorkshire!

I must say a massive thankyou to everyone who came along, It was a pleasure as always! Many thanks to Mushroom for putting me up for the night and of course thanks to Ian from CoasterForce for arranging everything.