What's new

XFactor UK 2013

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
How can it be that time again? Well it is. I know Mark set up a thread last year but he hasn't been online for a while.

Discuss contestants, judges, song choices, etc etc etc (moaning about the adverts is especially encouraged ;) )

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I suppose some people may think this is weird because I am in the USA but I actually followed it a couple years ago on YouTube. It sucked just like the new american version. It isn't as bad as American Id- :vomit:

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I watched the first episode on Saturday. I always preferred the original format with just the judges in the room and I liked the return of Sharon O - there were a few genuine laugh out loud moments.

The Sunday episode....I don't really see the point of it. I'll probably watch the first auditions and then lose interest.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yeah I always preferred the room auditions. I can see why they've opted to do the arena audition, the judges can experience the public reaction to know if they'll be 'the next big superstar' which the winners usually become for around a week and a day.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was at the Live last weekend so I SkyPlussed it. Managed to watch both the Sat and Sun episodes in 45mins by fast-forwarding through the hours of crap. Can't stand watching it in real time, it's so drawn out and irritating.

djmcbell

Roller Poster
Used to watch it, until the thing a few years ago when they admitted they used autotune on the auditions to make people sound better/worse depending on what they wanted to show. After that I just didn't think there was a point.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
The show feels slightly better this year. I still don't really care about it and I've forgotten most of the acts. I do think it's a good idea to use the arena performance to see their confidence and the publics reactions, as well as the more personal audition in the rooms. I'll probably watch the auditions , get bored of it and wait till the final.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The best one so far this series is the one who's a bit older and "wholesome" looking, who can hold a decent tune and for who the judges say, "I wasn't expecting that! "

I haven't been watching; has he/she been on yet?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Not yet, they're too busy regurgitating past contestants at the moment.

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
The show feels slightly better this year. I still don't really care about it and I've forgotten most of the acts. I do think it's a good idea to use the arena performance to see their confidence and the publics reactions, as well as the more personal audition in the rooms. I'll probably watch the auditions , get bored of it and wait till the final.

Indeed, on the surface of it, they are only allowing those of a certain standard into the arena, rather than just embarrassing people for the sake of it. I do also like the fact they are more encouraging of those who write their own material. As a singer/songwriter myself, that is really important in my eyes. However, with the launch of this years app where you can be the '5th judge' the show is becoming even more stage managed. Think of all the information that probably gets fed back from the app indicating the most and least popular etc. Essentially, now they will know which acts to put through based on public reception to ensure they maximise voting in the later stages.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Massive bump. Forgotten I'd even started this topic.

We are already half way through the live shows. I particularly enjoyed big band week, was sad Abi went out but Luke Friend is gorgeous so I'm happy for him to stay in every week <3 (even if his performance was a bit flat on Saturday)

I'm disappointed the 'flash (aahhhaaaa) vote' didn't stay throughout the live shows. Although I suppose it was unfair on the other act in the bottom two.

To summarise I think xfactor has matured this series. Oh and Luke is gorgeous.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I know this is a double post but tonight is the night!

The xfactor series 10 will conclude tonight after a spectacle of music and pyrotechnics featuring Sam Bailey, Nicolas McDonald, Sir Elton John, Gary Barlow, One Direction, plus all the other finalists from this year. Who will win? Discuss!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I reckon Sam Bailey will win.