What's new

Wrestling Thread

yinyang

Mega Poster
Probably not many wrestling fans on the forum, but if so then who do you think/or who would you like to win the Royal Rumble held this sunday.

(And yes i expect all the, "its not entertainment, its fake" etc bashing lol.)

But to adjust for taking up less space incase people want to rant about anything related to WWE/TNA etc, i thought I'd make this thread, if it already exsists, re-direct me please.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I miss the WWF Attitude days... Those were great...

Now, it's there for comidic value with their storylines... As it always has been and should be...

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to it anymore :p

Mike

Giga Poster
I've not been following the WWE a great deal since I've got to university, so these views could be a little bit out of date with whatever the current storyline is...

Royal Rumble predictions from matches I can quickly find:
WWE Championship Match - Sheamus (c) vs. Randy Orton
Isn't Sheamus relatively new to the company? I can't see the WWE letting him headline Wrestlemania. Orton to win.

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Undertaker (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
Undertaker to win, because I'm not a fan of Mysterio.

ECW Championship Match - Christian (c) vs. Ezekiel Jackson
Who cares about the "ECW"??? Christian to win?

WWE Women’s Championship Match - Michelle McCool vs. Mickie James
=/ Mickie James?

2010 Royal Rumble
The obvious choice of winner is Triple H. This would then create a Wrestlemania rematch between Orton and Triple H. If they don't want a rematch, then Triple H Vs. Undertaker is an easy match to set up, but it may be difficult to make someone turn heel.

Personally, I'ld quite like Jericho to win. He's never won the Rumble before, and this could set up a decent feud between himself and Undertaker (although I'ld prefer it to be against Orton).

yinyang

Mega Poster
I'm not sure on what storyline they may hit up for Royal Rumble, but I will say that Orton is, in my opinion, a great heel and I would like to see him have the belt again. Also I don't like sheamus much as I hated Brock Lesnar's massive push when he was in WWE.

Jericho would easily be able to handle main eventing Wrestlemania.

In answering to Nemesis Inferno, yes the attitude Era was great.

And TNA at the moment - Hogan, Nash, Hall, Bischoff? It's a remake of the old WCW days.

EDIT - If Undertaker loses to someone like Rey i think it would belittle Undertaker and probably shoot any decent storylines for the World Heavyweight title in the foot.

Pierre

Strata Poster
WWE in someone returns from injury months before they were due to win Royal Rumble shocker!

Its the 2008 rumble all over again with Cena, only this time with Edge. The only thing they did different was bringing him in at #29 so people had second thoughts when Batista came in at #30, but still a bit too predictable.

Oh and what yinyang said, Randy Orton is probably the best heel WWE have, he did need a break from the headlining storylines as he was in our faces for so long, but I'd say hes due back.
However, it probably looks like hes going to feature more in a Legacy break up storyline.
Still, elimination chamber is in a few weeks no doubt he'll be one of the competitors.

yinyang

Mega Poster
I am quite happy with the result, but then I like Edge. I hope that Edge will maybe take a Face turn, as he is great as a Heel but we haven't seen him in a face role for a long while.

I also think Christian is due to lose the ECW title, and hopefully be moved to one of the major rosters on RAW or SD.

Last point, hopefully we'll see Edge take on Orton or someone similar at WM as it would make a good main event.

Mike

Giga Poster
I finally watched the Rumble Match last night, and I've got to say it was one of the more boring Rumble matches of recent years.

The Edge return annoys me greatly, as it's just doing EXACTLY the same thing as they did with Cena a couple of years ago. What the hell's the point? :?
I also hated the way how Batista came out at 30. WHY do the WWE keep on pushing him when he never gets a good reaction and he's a mediocre wrestler at best?
Where were the surprises of the Rumble? Beth Phoenix? Who quickly got eliminated by CM C*nt anyway. What?
The best part of the Rumble was when Michaels got eliminated, and he displayed excellent emotion to show what WM really means. The other wrestlers didn't do anything. BORING.

I feel this year just showcased how little talent the WWE really currently has. There seemed to be about a million "high flyers" enter this year's match, but with no Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight title anymore, what's the point in them?

And who the hell is Edge going to challenge at Wrestlemania anyway? Undertaker? Didn't those 2 have a massive feud anyway not too long ago? If Sheamus makes it all the way to WM as champion, I'm going to be shocked.

The Deadman

Mega Poster
Jericho will prolly win the title at Elimination Chamber, and have Edge feud with him. theyre gonna have Sheamus make it to Mania so HHH can bury him

yinyang

Mega Poster
I'd love to see Jericho win the title and feud with Edge at WM, and i'd like to see Edge turn face.
If HHH wins at elimination chamber I wouldn't be surprised.
And lastly, I think they may be pushing R-Truth to a late elimination at elimination chamber as he's in it at all and he's just a midcard at best until now, if he gets eliminated early it'd just be a waste of time.

yinyang

Mega Poster
Also i missed out my other thought.

Forget the roster split, it's run its course, it'd be better to make the standard shows 3 hours long, scrap the roster split and then have enough time on the standard shows to give most of the stars tv time. Also i hear they're replacing ECW show with 'WWE Next' soon.

Who agrees with scrapping the roster split?

yinyang

Mega Poster
Charlie Haas and Hurricane both had a lot of potential to come back into the mainstream. And are TNA signing their own death warrant by moving to monday nights permanently?

I really hope HBK doesnt nd Undertakers unbeaten streak at WrestleMania and i've heard amongst all the crappy PPV names they have now such as TLC, fatal four way etc they are getting rid of survivor series.

Mike

Giga Poster
I've just been reading up the Elimination Chamber results from last week.
WHY have they given Batista the title and main Wrestlemania match??? EUGH. STUPID. :x

However, they've also given Jericho the other championship. This is full of win and should make for an awesome storyline with Edge to Mania. :)

Other results:
-Miz is still US Champ. Does anyone actually care about this belt? Scrap this and bring back Hardcore please!
-Women's tag match. Always bog-break matches.
-Drew McIntyre still IC Champ. I hardly know who he is, so meh.

It sounds like a pretty mediocre show to me, especially with pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME show happening a few months ago (Hell in the Cell).

Come on WWE, give some other, popular, people a chance at the belts!

yinyang

Mega Poster
I hear in media that Hogan is trying to talk RVD and goldberg into joining TNA, which would only work if they paid Goldberg a lot of money, he was asked a couple of years ago by TNA and said he wanted more money to join.

I personally think they should scrap the roster, people keep jumping from show to show all the time anyway, and bring back a tag team division with some great teams and make the titles un unified.

And by the looks of RAW this past week their setting up for HHH to beat sheamus at WM.