What's new

Would you like Ride Premieres?

Would you like new attractions to do this?

• Yes, would be a cool thing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I Woudn't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yinyang

Mega Poster
Well, I know some people that absolutely wee erotica, for eclipse and queue till midnight to see it this morning.

My question is, and I was thinking, would you like it if new rides were opened to the public in this way where a certain amount of people could buy tickets to an event where the new ride opens at midnight on its first day, for all the major enthusiasts?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Personally, I'd just rather more efforts made on the opening day, since Thirteen's was very much just "Oh, just another day, just happens that we have a new ride opening, oh well, let them in..."

Mignight openings though? Screw that...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've been lucky enough to have attended a few opening days - Rita, Stealth, Saw, Thirteen spring to mind - as well as a couple of media events. As an enthusiast, I want to be there and see the first reactions, first hand.

I'd much rather see ride openings being celebrated in an outrageous fashion than what they currently are.

Having a couple of people from the local press milling about is all well and good, but where are the fire breathers and dancing elephants? I don't want to see crap like "bring you own bottle of piss" and that sort of nonsense when it comes to marking a ride opening, I want special stuff. A carnival atmosphere, similar to what a ship has when it's named.

Midnight openings...yeah, why not. They do it with computer games, books and films, so why not coasters?

yinyang

Mega Poster
^ Exactly, make an event of it, maybe open any rides surrounding the area of the new ride/attraction aswell. Just like an 2 hour event at midnight would be ace.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I'm sure the locals of Alton would be more than happy with coasters running at midnight.

Or any other locals of UK parks come to that.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I would like to see more grand opening celebrations just for the shear hell of it. Fireworks, lazers, loud music. A massive rave.

The famous, the enthusiasts, and the select others mixed into one grand event. Would be epic if dreams ever became reality.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I would love this! And I agree with Ian above, I think it'd get the media's attention much more and would make the whole day more entertaining if a huge effort was made to make it into an event rather than another day.

yinyang

Mega Poster
Waffleman said:
I would love this! And I agree with Ian above, I think it'd get the media's attention much more and would make the whole day more entertaining if a huge effort was made to make it into an event rather than another day.

abso-bloody-exactly! It would give us enthusiasts the same type of hype and events that people have for video games and for queuing for box office movies at midnight. Imagine if th13teen had done this and riding it just after midnight with a small event where Rita is open aswell and some of the meal vendors in the dark forest. Riding it at night for your first time on it, would have been awesome.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
I do believe ride openings need a tad more hype, but going as far as having a premiere is a little to much. Most new rides, at least in the US, auction off the first GP cars available.
I also think media days are quite sweet. Being apart of a select group to ride the day before the ride opens is awesome! Having a ride premiere would most likely eliminate media events.

Nic

Strata Poster
Hell, why not, it'd be cool. Alton kinda got it right for corky's CLOSING day. Despite the appauling weather, it had a great atmosphere, shame they can't do the same for a ride opening.

The AP preview evening of Saw (day after the failed enthusiast day, and the day before the failed public opening) had some special stuff going. People on stilts and a couple of women taking angle grinders to their tits. Yes that continued that for a while after opening, but somehow, it just felt more special on AP night.

TBH, I prefer anything where I get to go to a park when others aren't and/or go intp areas you don't normally see.

So yeah, basically, I want a midnight opening, with fire breathers, and a behind-the-scenes tour, where only me and a few other CFers are invited.

spicy

Giga Poster
I think the reason parks don't do this is because of the threat of breakdowns. A new ride normally fails 9 times out of 10, remember when the 'celebrities' got stuck on Saw and it didn't even open at all for all those that went to the enthusiast day.

Even at Alton the Th13teen weekend failed due to the ride breaking down I believe?

But yeah sorry to put the downers on it because it would be awesome if it did happen more often. Not all of them fail, look at what Disneyland Paris did for the opening night of Tower of Terror, it looked amazing and I so wish I went.

If you haven't seen the video for opeing of ToT, enjoy:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/video/special- ... uguration/

Colossus

Giga Poster
yes i would happily ride on opening day, i was on the 4th ever SAW the ride train and i also front rowed Thirteen on its opening day.
i think a midnight opening would be the coolest thing ever, id happily go anywhere for such an event, i think riding in the dark is better then riding in the day lol

yinyang

Mega Poster
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
yes i would happily ride on opening day, i was on the 4th ever SAW the ride train and i also front rowed Thirteen on its opening day.
i think a midnight opening would be the coolest thing ever, id happily go anywhere for such an event, i think riding in the dark is better then riding in the day lol

abso-bloody-exactly :D