What's new

Worst ride ever?

A

Anonymous

What was the dumbest, **** ride that you've been on?

Sam

Giga Poster
Probably Woody's Clown Coaster at Funlands Hayling Island..... but then it is intended for 5 year olds.

Daft topic.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Not really a daft topic?

The most pointless ride I've ever been on was Southport's ghost train.

There was nothing in it.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Ummm worst ride for me would probably be any Big Apple coaster but they are for little kids so yeah.. lol.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I think the worst one I have been on is Littehamptons Ghost train which is ****. You basically go up a lift inside, there are a few flashing lights and then drop down this hill and then go back inside to some more flashing lights and then that is it! The outside looks really good and very well themed, but this inside is just crap!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Spooky 3D at Oakwood.

It's terrible. The only reason for the 3D goggles is to hide the horrific qualtiy of the ride.

Still, it's fun.

Jools

Giga Poster
Brean Leisure Parks Hellraiser; Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin,spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin BARF! spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin...

eh, you get the message :lol:

Patrick

Hyper Poster
The Squirrel Nutty Ride at Alton Towers. It's intened for toddlers, But even they look as if they're about to nod off on it.

I don't think we should be mentioning kiddie coasters in this topic, because I don't think that's fair. Of course we're not going to like kiddie rides, because we're not five years old.

Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags Great Adventure would probably have to be one of the worst coasters I have been on that's over the classification of "kiddie coaster". It was super short, had like, one little turn, and then a bump, and then another little turn, and then it was done. I waited fifteen minutes for that thing too!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Ok then I'll change mine to X:/No Way Out. Not only is the 1.4 restriction too high, it was the most pointless ride ever and just didn't do anything for me.

Ok then I'll change mine to X:/No Way Out. Not only is the 1.4 restriction too high, it was the most pointless ride ever and just didn't do anything for me.

Well Tommy, not to pick on ya, but I do hate when people say that the "height restrictions are too high", or a coaster is "over supported". I don't think that parks would really place a height restriction that was higher than necessary on a ride; I mean, what would it do to benefit them? It would mean less riders, in the grand scheme of things. Same with being over supported. It may look like there are too many supports on a coaster, but each and every one has a job to do. They wouldn't just pay extra money to throw in a few supports here and there for no reason!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I don't think that parks would really place a height restriction that was higher than necessary on a ride
Believe me, it happens. There is no way that Rattlesnake at Chessington needs to have a 1.4m height limit when the mirrored clone at Flamingo Land can operate with a 1.2m limit. Some parks are just far too conservative.

Steven

Giga Poster
A didy coaster for kids at a fair 10 ft off ground max with a 5 ft min and a track length of less then 80ft. I as wayy to big to go on it but i still forced my legs in to get a cc. Way too many bruises afterwards!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
MouseAT said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I don't think that parks would really place a height restriction that was higher than necessary on a ride
Believe me, it happens. There is no way that Rattlesnake at Chessington needs to have a 1.4m height limit when the mirrored clone at Flamingo Land can operate with a 1.2m limit. Some parks are just far too conservative.

I believe Rattlesnake's height limit was increased shortly after opening...

I don't think it's to do with conservatism (if that's a word), but more likely risk assessments being done by the H&S or stuff changing due to issues on the ride... For example NWO's limit will stay high because of that kid who fell out (due to his own stupidity yes, but H&S and Tussauds (as it was then) don't put the stupidity of people into the calculations)...

Onto the actual debate, I'd like to put Kumali up there... It's just way, way too short and literally did nowt for me...

Also Colossus, since it now needs to sell aspirin in the shop... :roll:

A

Anonymous

hey, this aint a daft topic

reason: if we all say the worst coasters that we've been on then we know that we shouldn't waste 45 **** minutes waiting for a **** ride ok?