What's new

Worst name for a Coaster?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
One of the most obvious ones at the moment is, of course, Wicker Man. What a load of sh*t that is. Worse than Th13teen if you ask me.
And another one that really makes my piss fizz is that trend of renaming RMC conversions by just adding the prefix New, Wicked or Twisted.
Borrrrring.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
"Infusion" is also a rather strange one. Sure, it sounds very modern and hi-tech, but if you look it up, it's more or less synonymous with "Tea".

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
It’s not a coaster, but Magic Mountain is opening a new ride called CraZanity. Because while it may just seem redundant to combine ‘crazy’ and ‘insanity,’ that’s only because you’re not crazane enough to get it. Oh, and the ‘z’ in the middle needs to be capitalized.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The woodie formally known as Terminator in the **** attempt to brand with an absolute worthless movie.

Flight Deck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Rita: Queen of Speed.

Just sounds completely bizarre, and Rita is a bit of an old persons name.

I've always disliked Rita as a coaster name. To me it screams "Coronation Street", not "powerful launch coaster." However, I do like the rumour that the name is simply the backwards acronym of the ride type: (Alton Towers Intamin Rocket.)

I'd also like to nominate Hollywood: Rip Ride Rockit. What a silly name.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Why Cedar Fair named one roller coaster Afterburn and multiple others Flight Deck, I will never know.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Was it not just to do with the Top Gun IP removal and keeping the flight theme? I could go check with dates but I'm sure someone will put me right.