What's new

Worst Amusement Park Accidents

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think The Big Dipper at Battersea Funfair is one of the worst; the train rolled back from the lift, and crashed into another train in the station, killing 5, injuring 13.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Dave

CF Legend
Imagineer Josh said:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=amusement+park+rides+accidents

This may seem a little off topic (Not really) But has anyone realized that most of the GP that watch this video think that the photoshop on Blue Fire, Alpengeist, Joker's Jinx and Kanonen are real.

Not much, just pure proof how stupid the GP are

It's called Clickbait, it's common on articles, youtube videos and websites to get advertising streaming. Usually with tagline "what happened next will blow you away/mind"

Ben

CF Legend
I always find the Mindbender at Edmonton Mall one to be the worst.

Just ploughing in to the concrete pillar!

Such spite!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Imagineer Josh said:

This may seem a little off topic (Not really) But has anyone realized that most of the GP that watch this video think that the photoshop on Blue Fire, Alpengeist, Joker's Jinx and Kanonen are real.

We get a lot of comments on our YouTube videos by people who have fallen for that crap and then the arguments ensue. Someone usually chimes in claiming to have been there when the guy broke his neck on Kannonen, for example, and some people even claim to have been working at the park during the accident, even though it never happened.
Being gullible is one thing, but lying about it is what gets me.

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
ECG said:
Imagineer Josh said:

We get a lot of comments on our YouTube videos by people who have fallen for that crap and then the arguments ensue. Someone usually chimes in claiming to have been there when the guy broke his neck on Kannonen, for example, and some people even claim to have been working at the park during the accident, even though it never happened.
Being gullible is one thing, but lying about it is what gets me.

I couldn't agree with you more. We gotta find a way to get some more coaster enthusiasts. But the 2000th video was a good effort, I have to admit.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ben said:

Such spite!
That's the one that always springs to mind for me, nasty accident.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Really? Not say....Verrückt? I think partial decapitation (and death) are far more gruesome than having your feet cut off.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Ben said:

Such spite!

This.

The Fujin Raijin accident at Expoland where the train derailed and killed a woman was also really bad.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
There was a fire on a ghost train at luna Park Sydney that Killed 7 people! 6 of the 7 where kids!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Sydney_Ghost_Train_fire

I also think the accident last year at Dreamworld in Australia was pretty shocking - 4 Adult deaths - on one of the slowest rides at the park - the rapids - who'd have thought rapids could have been so dangerous! I think the victims got caught up in the lift hill mechanism - NOT a nice way to go!

Astro61201

Roller Poster
That also reminds me, there was a fire at a haunted house at a six flags park (magic mountain or America?, I'm not to sure) it killed these people that where trapped inside and couldn't get out, the fire men couldn't tell the difference between the real bodies and mannequin props because they were both so burnt.

Astro61201

Roller Poster
That's the one (I get confused when it comes to six flags parks), thanks. Never less still the worst accident or at least the most chilling that I can think of.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
There was a park in Japan that was declared "The World's Most Dangerous Theme Park." I forget what the park was called, but they never took care of their rides. In fact, it got so bad that a car on their B&M invert came right off the track. The park was closed shortly thereafter.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Then there's "Tower Johnny" at Kings Island. Anyone who's been there should know his story.

There's also the less popular "Racer Boy." When Kings Island opened, they used the trains on the Shooting Star on Racer. The ghost had a connection to the trains. I don't remember exactly, but I think he was hit by one of the trains when they were still at Coney. They found his body on the tracks.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk